BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-24-2022, 11:02 AM   #67
pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC-X3-35i-525i, Corrado G60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0lt3n View Post
Current plan is to make spacers, 8mm, and fit to to top of shock towers. Good or bad idea?
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0lt3n View Post
struggling to upload but this should help.
I am not a guru, so may be missing something. But looking at the F25 chassis dynamics on page 10 I dont see an issue with simply adding a spacer between body and shock assembly.
I guess you meant to say put the spacer "under" the shock towers, NOT "top" of the shock towers. I suppose it may work, as long at the bottom of the spacer matched the shape of the bottom of the shock tower and the top of the spacer matched the top of the shock bearing.

Personally, if I wanted to lift mine, I'd go with a proven lift kit using Eibach pro-lift springs providing a ~30mm lift, not with unproven spacers under the shock towers
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 11:41 PM   #68
m0lt3n
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pungo View Post
I guess you meant to say put the spacer "under" the shock towers, NOT "top" of the shock towers. I suppose it may work, as long at the bottom of the spacer matched the shape of the bottom of the shock tower and the top of the spacer matched the top of the shock bearing.

Personally, if I wanted to lift mine, I'd go with a proven lift kit using Eibach pro-lift springs providing a ~30mm lift, not with unproven spacers under the shock towers
That does sound like the better solution, but being in slightly rural area of a faraway land, I will be paying double for those Eibachs than what you are probably paying.

Plus it sounds like it will make the suspension harder, but thats me guessing.

I havent made a final decision yet though. Bought the car with extensive poorly repaired accident damage, so sorting that out first.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2022, 11:03 PM   #69
Ice9
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i 2016 X5M, 2008 R8

H&r spacers & springs

WIDER AND LOWER

I don't want to make my '22 M40i ride any stiffer than it already does, but I do want to change the stance. 15mm spacers for width, 21" 726i wheels at 8.5 and 9.5, 255/40/21 295/35/21 tires. Lower with H&R Sport Springs, 1.4 in front, .8 rear. Realign. That's it.

I have used H&R's for years on many different cars, from SUV's to M3's to full blown Porsche race cars, and have always found them without defect, and consistently carrying whatever weight they declare. The "Sport Springs" keep the car feeling about the same as OE, only lower. The car looks better, the wheel wells are filled out, and the center of gravity is lower which does slightly help handling and body roll.

I am content with the balance front/rear, and don't feel any apparent under or over steer. I will reassess that after I install the springs.

https://www.hrsprings.com/applicatio...s/4/1995/2022/

At least two other forum participants have gone to this tire size, used spacers, and dropped the car with H&R's, so I am feeling confident that the tires will fit. The guys at H&R concur. I will post photos and a report when I am finished, probably in a month (the springs are on back order)
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2023, 09:32 AM   #70
trueno
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 F25 2.0d MY2016

Hello everyone. I have an 2016 F25 X3 2.0d. My previous car was an E83 X3 which was much much better in dynamic terms than this F25. This is more impressive , taking into account that the E83 had a standard suspension and my current F25 has the sport suspension package! It is time to change schocks now at 150k kilometers and I am considering putting Bilstein B4 (the sport ones), while keeping the original springs. I'd like to hear impressions from someone who has experience on B4's , but on standard springs. Thank you in advance!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2023, 09:58 PM   #71
bradsm87
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: F25 LCI xDrive30d

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueno View Post
Hello everyone. I have an 2016 F25 X3 2.0d. My previous car was an E83 X3 which was much much better in dynamic terms than this F25. This is more impressive , taking into account that the E83 had a standard suspension and my current F25 has the sport suspension package! It is time to change schocks now at 150k kilometers and I am considering putting Bilstein B4 (the sport ones), while keeping the original springs. I'd like to hear impressions from someone who has experience on B4's , but on standard springs. Thank you in advance!!!
I spoke to a Bilstein rep and he said B4s are only an OE replacement shock and not to expect them to be any better than stock. Go for the B6. They are excellent!
Appreciate 1
trueno0.00
      04-06-2024, 04:49 PM   #72
emptyblc
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 35i F25

Hi everyone, new to this form
Recently I am thinking about upgrade my old F25 with edc control coils, replace the old leak original ones. I have already do a lot of research on it and seems like kw ddc is the only choice if I still want to use the adaptive control system. But they are a terribly expensive.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2024, 09:55 AM   #73
HighDeaf
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 bmw x3 f25 3.5 M Sport

Name:  20211004_184027~2.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  121.7 KB

H&R springs, stock shocks (dynamic). Ride is a lot softer than i thought it would be, but it seems to stiffen as it needs to, especially in Sport plus mode.
Appreciate 1
pokerface431.50