BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-25-2023, 11:23 AM   #1
carmoongia
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: bmw X3 F25

Inspired X3 Owner Vermilion Red

Hi guys
My car is an X3 F25 2011 109,000 miles I have owned for nearly 3 years but had no time to do much to the car but now retired so getting things sorted thank you all very much.
Only my second post been reading lots of good stuff on here all vey helpfull and useful, so after reading how people have been doing the preventative maintenance, I decided to follow suit, was having the stuttering at low revs etc, so decided it was time to do something about it researched the previous history of my car and discovered no evidence of any of the drivetrain oils being changed.
I set about ordering the required materials and got on with changing first the transmission oil and filter, followed by the transfer case and then the front and rear differentials, engine only serviced 6 months ago so that’s all fine. Also cleaned the Maf and Map sensors changed the 2 lots of air con filters, engine bay and glovebox.
While checking for fault codes discovered my pre Dpf temperature sensor was not working, what a pita !! That was !!
Had to cut the wires off the second attempt so I could get a socket on it but still had to resort to buying a blow torch and heat it up was still very difficult to remove and just as difficult to put the new sensor in very tight and no room even after cleaning the thread and lubricating wit copper slip, luckily I have a set of crow’s feet spanner’s otherwise don’t know how I would have got it in.
That’s about it for now thought I would share that with you guys as you inspired me thank you and keep up the good work 👍😎
Regards Mick living in Kent UK
Appreciate 0