BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-10-2023, 01:58 PM   #1
lfdal54
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 2023 X3 M40i

Ambient Lighting above Glove Box defunct

In a stroke of rare good fortune for me anyway, I was re-reading the instructions on newtis on how to remove the trim that contains the center ducts and HVAC controls so that I could get to the trim underneath that houses the volume & buttons. I bought a piece of matte carbon fibre to replace the piano black.

One of the instructions said to be mindful to not damage the fiber optic strip when using the pry tool. I was thinking, "What fiber optic strip?" So with the car in the garage and the garage lights off I energized the car and looked for the light strip. It's definitely screwed up. I've attached pictures. My trim piece replacement is going to have to wait for them to fix this since I don't want to be accused of screwing something up. I suspect this will not be cheap to fix. The first two are with the color set to blue, the second set to bronze. I am assuming this is not correct. The pictures are with the light cranked up, I only ever have the ambient set to 50% so I never even noticed that strip before.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-10-2023, 09:57 PM   #2
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

thats unfortunate
      09-10-2023, 10:49 PM   #3
lfdal54
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
thats unfortunate
I'm just glad I can honestly say I didn't touch it. Have to wonder whether the shop that had it for so long on the first rattle and wind noise hunt may have done it.
Appreciate 0