BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-21-2022, 12:28 PM   #1
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 225xe / iX3 Premier Pro

London trip

Had to go into the London office for first time.. Well since I joined the company yesterday, drove in, 118 miles there, 132 back (detour due to traffic) left after precondition with 100% soc, and arrived home with 4%

Impressive considering the temp when left was 1deg and coming home was 3 when left, 1 when home.

So 250miles round trip, not bad in the weather considering BMW say 280 range.

Name:  Screenshot_20220121-182809_My BMW.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  62.4 KB
      01-21-2022, 01:05 PM   #2
greyt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 & iX3

Did a return trip last night in similar temperatures… 145 total miles, 40 miles range left…. I thought I was driving slowly at 75mph but something killed the range yesterday… just me in the car as well…. And I have been really good not to have a heavy right foot...

I am down to 141 predicted range with an 80% charge...
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 01:18 PM   #3
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Ouch, I did nothing special, had cruise set at 80, obviously never got that often on the M1, and there's a good few miles of 50/60 areas. Left the car to set the speed on them and follow traffic. I had it in eco pro for the last half of the trip on way back, as 118 miles going I arrived on 51% soc, and for a while the GOM said I would arrive home with 1mile range left, but safe and sound 4%/17miles it said.

I was impressed. Thought I was going to have to charge on way home, but thought sod it it's too cold 😂
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 01:26 PM   #4
greyt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 & iX3

It’s interesting to see the results that are possible. There are so many permutations to get my head around what is going to give best range without sacrificing enjoyment.
  • I always drive in adaptive.
  • Mine was a night time drive so had lights and full beam on for a lot of the return journey
  • I did a return trip to Wales and I’m sure some of the hills didn’t help.
  • Car is less than a week old, possible the battery will get better after a few more charges
  • Cruise set to 75 for most of the journey
  • One stop off for the car to get cold, so it had to reheat the cabin and battery
  • Heated seats only used for a few mins and cabin set to 22C
  • preheated the car for about 10 mins before initial departure
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 01:39 PM   #5
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyt View Post
It’s interesting to see the results that are possible. There are so many permutations to get my head around what is going to give best range without sacrificing enjoyment.
  • I always drive in adaptive.
  • Mine was a night time drive so had lights and full beam on for a lot of the return journey
  • I did a return trip to Wales and I’m sure some of the hills didn’t help.
  • Car is less than a week old, possible the battery will get better after a few more charges
  • Cruise set to 75 for most of the journey
  • One stop off for the car to get cold, so it had to reheat the cabin and battery
  • Heated seats only used for a few mins and cabin set to 22C
  • preheated the car for about 10 mins before initial departure
Seat heater on mine is set on permanent (have back surgery) auto set to turn it on if under 20c. Heater set to 19.5c, lights on for some of way there (set off at 7am) and most way back with auto high beam on. After the first hour of return journey set it to eco pro, but besides that in comfort plus for the rest of it. Stopped off for a tinkle (Toddington services) on way home, not that the 10nmin stop will have cooled it down much. Preheated the car on the 7kW home charger for 30 mins before leaving, so was full temp.

Besides that, was truly impressed by how well it did.

Just checked my Google travel history, it says I drove 241 miles, so between 241 and 250, suppose like all cars it over reports. But hey still super impressive considering.
Appreciate 0