BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-10-2022, 07:30 AM   #1
MPDev
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 (F25)

PDC Control Unit F25 2011

Hello,

I've searched the board and not been able to find a comprehensive answer. Where is the PDC Control Unit located on the car? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2022, 10:17 AM   #2
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Park Distance Control (i.e.: park distance control) assists the driver when he is parking and manoeuvring in tight spaces.
  • F0x, F1x: The PDC is integrated in the junction box electronics (JBE).
  • F2x, F3x: The PDC is integrated in the rear electronic module (REM) or in the case of the optional equipment parking manoeuvring assistant in the PMA
  • F45, F55, F56, I01, I12: the two functions Park Distance Control and Parking Manoeuvring Assistant are implemented by the same control unit:

Rear electronic module

Rear Electronic Module (REM)
The Rear Electronic Module (REM) represents a new generation superseding existing control units and their functions. There are different versions for the respective vehicle equipment configurations and vehicle type. For example, there is a Rear Electronic Module (REM) for the convertible. The new Rear Electronic Module (REM) provides functions from the previous control units footwell module (FRM), junction box electronics (JBE) and Park Distance Control (PDC). The aim is to reduce the number of control units and to improve component networking. At the same time, the optimisation of the wiring harness reduces the physical bus capacity.
Functional description

The Rear Electronic Module (REM) unites the functions of previous control units. The Rear Electronic Module (REM) controls the processes in the rear section of the vehicle together with the linked control units.

The Rear Electronic Module (REM) also controls the following functions:
  • Reading the fuel tank level
  • Activation of rear wiper
  • Activation of heated rear window
  • Activation of tailgate lock
  • Activation of rear power window regulator
  • Activation of roller sunblind
  • Activation of seat heating
  • Activation of rear lights
  • Park Distance Control (not with parking manoeuvring assistant)
  • Signal output to instrument cluster
  • Activation of seat-belt extender

-Explanation-
1. 54-pin plug connection
2. 26‐pin plug connection
3. 26‐pin plug connection
4. Fuse block
5. Voltage supply

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 11-10-2022 at 10:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2022, 10:27 AM   #3
MPDev
Rep

Thanks. So the car garage have said the PDC is faulty (as all of the sensors are showing as faulty). So if this is the case, is my only option to replace the REM? and where is the REM located?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2022, 10:57 AM   #4
Barbera335
Captain
Rep
Drives: F25

F25 vehicles do not have a REM control unit. The above info is incorrect. I am not positive but I believe on an F25 the PDC module is integrated into the Junction Box Electronics (JBE) which is located behind the glovebox.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2022, 03:33 PM   #5
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbera335 View Post
F25 vehicles do not have a REM control unit. The above info is incorrect. I am not positive but I believe on an F25 the PDC module is integrated into the Junction Box Electronics (JBE) which is located behind the glovebox.
My apologies for posting incorrect info. The info above was from the BMW TIS and since I had no model number...I did a generic search. And as you can see it says that all F2x has an REM.

A search in the TIS using a specific model (F25 X5 35i)..and looking specifically for the JBE...the info below comes up: the JBE is A34 in the last pic which shows where the JBE is located
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2022, 03:35 PM   #6
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPDev View Post
Thanks. So the car garage have said the PDC is faulty (as all of the sensors are showing as faulty). So if this is the case, is my only option to replace the REM? and where is the REM located?
If the sensors are showing a fault...how do we jump from the sensors being the problem to the control module being the problem? Has it been verified that each sensor in you system is functional? Do you have any chaffed wiring that could be causing sensor faults?

Appreciate 0
      11-10-2022, 06:28 PM   #7
MPDev
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
Quote:
If the sensors are showing a fault...how do we jump from the sensors being the problem to the control module being the problem? Has it been verified that each sensor in you system is functional? Do you have any chaffed wiring that could be causing sensor faults?
The garage guy made the statement that it's more than unlikely that ALL sensors are faulty. No wiring issues identified either
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2022, 03:29 PM   #8
McPurrs
The deuce gets loose
Rep
Drives: '17 M2 BSM 6MT

Quote:
The garage guy made the statement that it's more than unlikely that ALL sensors are faulty. No wiring issues identified either
Fairly certain the PDC is in front of the battery, stuck in the foam tray. about 4 inches square in size...
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2022, 12:27 PM   #9
MPDev
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPurrs View Post
Quote:
Fairly certain the PDC is in front of the battery, stuck in the foam tray. about 4 inches square in size...
I'm a bit confused because I'm having a few electrical issues and wondering if they're related. Speed sensors faulty, windscreen washer fluid sensor is faulty, PDC unit or parking sensors not working. Replaced the battery (which needed replacing).
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2022, 10:16 AM   #10
MPDev
Rep

So i've just been checking and the PDC system and windshield washer system both share a fuse (number 8). Could it be that the fuse has gone and is causing the PDC system to not work and also the windscreen washer fluid sensor?
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2022, 04:00 PM   #11
MPDev
Rep

Bump
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2023, 03:34 AM   #12
hamouess
Rep
Drives: F20 116d

Hello, I have just purchased a BMW F25 but unfortunately I do not have the rear PDC. I would like to fit it
After some research I saw that there was no REM module, but the PDC was managed by the module JBE. On my JBE module plug 4(picture) must manage the PDC but I have a plastic cover to do this retrofit. I have to change the JBE module?
But in my tis with my wine I see that there is a rem 66336867863 but I can't find it in my car module I no longer understand anything and I should I add new harness
And do you know what parts I need to buy? Here are the latest numbers for my wine: L605140.
Thank you
Attached Images

Appreciate 0