BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-22-2024, 02:17 AM   #1
gregy
Rep
Drives: bmw x5

Issue with coding dashboard

I coded my dashboard today and although the dashboard works I seem to have lost my ability to change settings (engine/transmission/steering) unless i go back to the standard M dash. I tried them all and they seem to exhibit the same behavior. When I press the M1/M2 buttons or the console buttons nothing seems to happen. It seems to go to the default setting (comfort), has anyone seen this happen? I really like the M sport dashboard over the standard M.

-Greg

Last edited by gregy; 03-22-2024 at 07:36 PM..
Appreciate 1
      03-22-2024, 05:25 PM   #2
BlauHouse
Rep
Drives: X3MC

Forgive my ignorance and inability to help you, but what is the M SPORT dashboard as opposed to the standard one we have?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2024, 06:31 PM   #3
Thtshowiroll47
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregy View Post
I coded my dashboard today and although the dashboard works I seem to have lost my ability to change settings (engine/transmission/steering) unless i go bac to the standard M dash. I tried them all and they seem to exhibit the same behavior. When I press the M1/M2 buttons or the console button nothing seems to happen. It seems to go to the default setting (comfort), has anyone seen this happen? I really like the M sport dashboard over the standard M.

-Greg
Yes, I had the same thing happen to me when I coded my dashboard. I even called the dealership not knowing any better. Once I changed everything back to my original screen everything went back to normal.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2024, 07:33 PM   #4
gregy
Rep
Drives: bmw x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlauHouse View Post
Forgive my ignorance and inability to help you, but what is the M SPORT dashboard as opposed to the standard one we have?
@BlauHouse, the M Sport dashboard is one of about 6 dashboards you have available to code if you want to change from your current M version.
Appreciate 1
      03-22-2024, 08:13 PM   #5
thestimp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X3MC MBB - C-17 Globemaster

Garage List
2022 X3mC  [10.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Put it back on default, the others suck.
Appreciate 0