BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-06-2019, 02:30 AM   #1
mitford
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw 1 series

Any UK confirmed MY20 orders?

Hi all has anyone recently had a conformation that your order will have the MY20 updates on there order? i asked my dealer a week ago and he said he's still trying to find out when its from? i currently have one of the the dealers orders they had which was to be built mid august, he's told me he can't put my order through yet as it comes up with loads of errors because of the My20 updates even though he has my deposit, just getting a little frustrated now
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 03:13 AM   #2
lochview
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i (MY20 TU)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitford View Post
Hi all has anyone recently had a conformation that your order will have the MY20 updates on there order? i asked my dealer a week ago and he said he's still trying to find out when its from? i currently have one of the the dealers orders they had which was to be built mid august, he's told me he can't put my order through yet as it comes up with loads of errors because of the My20 updates even though he has my deposit, just getting a little frustrated now
I was told by my dealer that my build will be from Week 36 (September), to include the MY20 updates. Likely with a delivery date at the end of October, start of November
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 05:46 AM   #3
Serfupe
Rep
Drives: X3 m40d

I write from Spain.
I have ordered an M40d and I have production date in mid-August (week 33 I think I remember) delivery mid-October

I have asked for it black
21 "rim
sports seat
Vernasca Brown
Virtual Cockpit
camera
hk
piano
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 06:49 AM   #4
ClaretFozzy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40d

Loving those seats!
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 01:41 PM   #5
Zero71
👽
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3MC

You know it's MY20 if the order shows Live Cockpit in standard options. My dealer played with build week in their tool until that appeared. The interior photo also changed on the order form too. I have a copy of each attempt. The MY19 form had HK as in M Sport Plus whilst MY20 had that within Tech pack. MY20 mentioned Adaptive Suspension in M Sport Plus where MY19 did not. August showed old cockpit, but September showed Live. This was on a 30d.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 01:45 PM   #6
Zero71
👽
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lochview View Post
I was told by my dealer that my build will be from Week 36 (September), to include the MY20 updates. Likely with a delivery date at the end of October, start of November
Me too.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2019, 01:45 AM   #7
mitford
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero71 View Post
You know it's MY20 if the order shows Live Cockpit in standard options. My dealer played with build week in their tool until that appeared. The interior photo also changed on the order form too. I have a copy of each attempt. The MY19 form had HK as in M Sport Plus whilst MY20 had that within Tech pack. MY20 mentioned Adaptive Suspension in M Sport Plus where MY19 did not. August showed old cockpit, but September showed Live. This was on a 30d.
I think this is where the problem is, he done a MY20 spec but the build slot they already had was for a MY19 car hence the errors he’s getting when trying to ad the options, I’m not sure what he’s try to do as he’s still not got back to me, I will give him a week then go and see him
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2019, 02:43 AM   #8
ClaretFozzy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I think this is where the problem is, he done a MY20 spec but the build slot they already had was for a MY19 car hence the errors he’s getting when trying to ad the options, I’m not sure what he’s try to do as he’s still not got back to me, I will give him a week then go and see him
He needs to put it in as a new order and not try and amend the order they already have in.

For what it’s worth, I now have an updated quote for an MY2020 order on an X3 M40d. It comes in at £11 a month more so although you now get folding mirrors and acoustic glass as standard, they’ve effectively added them on to the base price of the car anyway - you get nothing for free! No engine change on the diesels. It wouldn’t be ready until early November either, where as my current order will be ready for the end of the July.

Are the MY2020 changes worth another 4 month wait and an extra £11 a month on top, especially when I’m still not convinced of the new instrument cluster design? I’m not so sure myself.

Last edited by ClaretFozzy; 07-07-2019 at 02:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2019, 02:52 AM   #9
mitford
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaretFozzy View Post
He needs to put it in as a new order and not try and amend the order they already have in.

For what it’s worth, I now have an updated quote for an MY2020 order on an X3 M40d. It comes in at £11 a month more so although you now get folding mirrors and acoustic glass as standard, they’ve effectively added them on to the base price of the car anyway - you get nothing for free! No engine change on the diesels. It wouldn’t be ready until early November either, where as my current order will be ready for the end of the July.

Are the MY2020 changes worth another 4 month wait and an extra £11 a month on top, especially when I’m still not convinced of the new instrument cluster design? I’m not so sure myself.
I suppose it depends on what you’ve ordered, I wanted the adaptive suspension sun protection glass and the 21” wheels so with the MY20 m sport plus package it suits me better than the MY19 M sport plus package, for me the car wouldn’t be deliver until mid October so for another months wait for MY20 it’s a no brainier
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2019, 03:55 AM   #10
ClaretFozzy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I suppose it depends on what you’ve ordered, I wanted the adaptive suspension sun protection glass and the 21” wheels so with the MY20 m sport plus package it suits me better than the MY19 M sport plus package, for me the car wouldn’t be deliver until mid October so for another months wait for MY20 it’s a no brainier
I’ve ordered an X3 M40d with M Sport Plus Pack.

Adaptive suspension, sun protection glass and 21” wheels are also part of the MY2019 M Sport Plus Pack, as is Harman Kardon.

The MY2020 M Sport Plus Pack drops Harman Kardon (which is now in the Technology Pack) for M seat belts, Dynamic Safety and Extended Shadowline parts and is £300 cheaper as a result.

To add Harman Kardon (which is a must in my opinion), you now either have to add it as an £820 stand-alone option, or as part of the new Technology Pack which is now £600 more expensive at £1900.

Last edited by ClaretFozzy; 07-07-2019 at 04:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2019, 06:27 AM   #11
Zero71
👽
Scotland
Rep

I was ordering both the tech pack and the M sports pack anyway. Price worked out slightly cheaper on the MY20 vs MY19 due to mirrors. But I wanted the Live View and larger idrive7 touch screen so waiting a month more is a no brainer. Without live cockpit it's too similar looking to my current car and would bother me. Rather have a month more wait than 3 years regret on my part. I Stuck with the cheaper 20" M Sport Plus option.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2019, 08:12 AM   #12
mitford
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
this is all i have been given at the moment

Last edited by mitford; 07-07-2019 at 09:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2019, 09:32 AM   #13
ClaretFozzy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

monsters university plot
That’s a 2020 order.

It has M seat belts, Dynamic Safety and Extended High Gloss Shadowline contents.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2019, 09:39 AM   #14
mitford
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
That’s a 2020 order.

It has M seat belts, Dynamic Safety and Extended High Gloss Shadowline contents.
Yes mate but the trouble is the dealer had a car ordered for stock being built in mid august and he's quoted me the above which is a MY20 spec but he's trying to add it to a MY19 build car which is why he's getting errors when trying to change it
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2019, 10:00 AM   #15
Serfupe
Rep
Drives: X3 m40d

In SPAIN the virtual cockpit is a expensive optional.
In uk is optional??
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2019, 10:09 AM   #16
mitford
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serfupe View Post
In SPAIN the virtual cockpit is a expensive optional.
In uk is optional??
On the M40i and M40D it comes as standard in the U.K.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2019, 01:02 PM   #17
Zero71
👽
Scotland
Rep

Standard on the 30d M Sport too. Edit: seems to be standard on any M Sport.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2019, 01:11 PM   #18
Zero71
👽
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
I have a 5 page order doc which breaks out what's in every package and what is standard. Amongst the many standard features is this list.

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2019, 01:19 PM   #19
Zero71
👽
Scotland
Rep

More:

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2019, 01:48 PM   #20
mitford
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
More:

Nice spec, that’s what I was expecting so will be onto him if I don’t hear from him this week
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2019, 03:20 PM   #21
ClaretFozzy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Right, difficult decision made, but I’ve re-ordered the car and added Technology Pack onto the order as well.

I’m still not a fan of the new instrument cluster (hopefully it'll get updated with a bit more customisability) but I didn’t want the car to feel outdated before I’d even picked it up. I like the new M seat belts. Not a fan of the gloss black grilles now included in the M Sport Plus Pack so have kept the Cerium Grey option ticked.

Original car will now be sold as a stock car (it’s already in the UK). New car should be here early November.

Last edited by ClaretFozzy; 07-07-2019 at 03:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2019, 03:56 PM   #22
Zero71
👽
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Right, difficult decision made, but I’ve re-ordered the car and added Technology Pack onto the order as well.

I’m still not a fan of the new instrument cluster (hopefully it'll get updated with a bit more customisability) but I didn’t want the car to feel outdated before I’d even picked it up. I like the new M seat belts. Not a fan of the gloss black grilles now included in the M Sport Plus Pack so have kept the Cerium Grey option ticked.

Original car will now be sold as a stock car (it’s already in the UK). New car should be here early November.
Nice. Our cars will probably be on the same boat. Long wait.
Appreciate 0