BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-05-2019, 05:53 AM   #45
Supa Koopa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW IX3 M Sport Pro

Nev, mines the same service date of March 2021. I'm going to question it with the dealer when I take it in to get my 2 pieces of knackered trim fixed. Surely it's 2 years from the registration date not manufacturing date. Ours were both made in March. Unless of course they are saying the oil would be 2 years old in March 21 whether it's been used or not so needs changing.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 11:38 AM   #46
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa Koopa View Post
Nev, mines the same service date of March 2021. I'm going to question it with the dealer when I take it in to get my 2 pieces of knackered trim fixed. Surely it's 2 years from the registration date not manufacturing date. Ours were both made in March. Unless of course they are saying the oil would be 2 years old in March 21 whether it's been used or not so needs changing.
Always 2 years from manufacturing, as soon as the oil goes into the engine it starts to age.

It is more noticeable with these US built cars that take over 2 months to get to us.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 06:57 AM   #47
Supa Koopa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW IX3 M Sport Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
Always 2 years from manufacturing, as soon as the oil goes into the engine it starts to age.

It is more noticeable with these US built cars that take over 2 months to get to us.
Cheers buddy, saves me asking a pointless question.
Appreciate 0