BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-01-2019, 04:06 PM   #89
lochview
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i (MY20 TU)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaretFozzy View Post
Quote:
So, in the UK at least, you now get acoustic glazing, folding mirrors, OS 7 with live cockpit professional and Apple CarPlay for roughly the same price as the existing base M40i/d

BMW are making it very difficult for me to consider not re-ordering my car, even though the three month wait that I've already endured has killed me as it is.
Actually, my nearest equivalent spec has increased in price by about £1000 to account for the better standard spec (acoustic glazing, folding mirrors, CarPlay and Live Cockpit Pro now standard, M seat belts and dynamic safety now in M Sport Plus pack but losing HK audio from M Sport Plus pack and speccing it separately)

I suppose it comes down to whether I think having the new dash, folding mirrors, acoustic glass and M seat belts is worth about £22 per month (and ANOTHER 3 month wait) more.

Decisions, decisions...
HK from the new updated price list says it is included in the M Sport Plus Pack (ZMS in some models) or Technology Pack (Z0J in other models).
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 04:22 PM   #90
ClaretFozzy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by lochview View Post
HK from the new updated price list says it is included in the M Sport Plus Pack (ZMS in some models) or Technology Pack (Z0J in other models).
HK for the M40’s is now either an £820 stand-alone option or is included in the Technology Pack (which has gone up £600 to £1900 as a consequence.)

M Sport Plus Pack has dropped from £2000 to £1700 but loses HK and gains M seat belts, Dynamic Safety and Extended Shadowline pack if you so wish to do away with the Cerium Grey parts.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 05:47 PM   #91
lochview
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
HK for the M40’s is now either an £820 stand-alone option or is included in the Technology Pack (which has gone up £600 to £1900 as a consequence.)

M Sport Plus Pack has dropped from £2000 to £1700 but loses HK and gains M seat belts, Dynamic Safety and Extended Shadowline pack if you so wish to do away with the Cerium Grey parts.
Can I ask what your monthly offer was and for what specification you are looking for?

Perhaps I can share my deal with you, so you can make a determination of whether it was good or not?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2019, 12:22 AM   #92
dylan1357
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M Comp

Garage List
What's the best discount based on July prices anyone has received?

I've been quoted 14.8% discount on PCP, so includes the the £2k bmw finance contribution

This is on a spec totalling £57,300 working out at £48,806
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2019, 01:00 AM   #93
ClaretFozzy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40d

Quote:
Can I ask what your monthly offer was and for what specification you are looking for?

Perhaps I can share my deal with you, so you can make a determination of whether it was good or not?
Hi mate.

The deal is £1000 deposit, £566 a month based on 8000 miles per annum on a 4 year PCP.

That’s for an X3 M40d with M Sport Plus Pack (adaptive suspension, 21” wheels, sun protection glass, Harman/Kardon sound)

Last edited by ClaretFozzy; 07-02-2019 at 01:11 AM..
Appreciate 1
      07-02-2019, 01:50 AM   #94
lochview
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Hi mate.

The deal is £1000 deposit, £566 a month based on 8000 miles per annum on a 4 year PCP.

That’s for an X3 M40d with M Sport Plus Pack (adaptive suspension, 21” wheels, sun protection glass, Harman/Kardon sound)
So, my deal was basically a X3 M40i with all the options available for the MY2020 version, which lists as £64,100.

Discounted down to £56k, then the £2k finance contribution from BMW, £2k from me, leaving £52k balance.

GFV was £26500 after 4 years with 10k miles per year amounting to £700 per month.

This is saving me over £130 a month on my current BMW, of a similar specification I purchased in December 2015.
Appreciate 1
      07-02-2019, 01:59 AM   #95
dylan1357
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hi mate.

That's for an X3 M40d with M Sport Plus Pack (adaptive suspension, 21" wheels, sun protection glass, Harman/Kardon sound)
So, my deal was basically a X3 M40i with all the options available for the MY2020 version, which lists as £64,100.

Discounted down to £56k, then the £2k finance contribution from BMW, £2k from me, leaving £52k balance.

GFV was £26500 after 4 years with 10k miles per year amounting to £700 per month.

This is saving me over £130 a month on my current BMW, of a similar specification I purchased in December 2015.
That's a good deal, 18.8% discount.

Who is the dealer if you don't mind me asking?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2019, 02:12 AM   #96
lochview
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan1357 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hi mate.

That's for an X3 M40d with M Sport Plus Pack (adaptive suspension, 21" wheels, sun protection glass, Harman/Kardon sound)

That's a good deal, 18.8% discount.

Who is the dealer if you don't mind me asking?
PM'd you
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2019, 02:14 AM   #97
andyM40i
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M40i

I've just picked up my M40i (2019) - spec is:

Carbon Black
M Sport Plus Pack
Tech Pack
Panoramic Sunroof
Folding Mirrors
Extended Storage
Lumbar Support
Galvanic Controls
Rear Seat Recline

List was just over £60k OTR I think, got it for £48,400 in the end. It was a stock car can the end of June which likely helped :-)
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2019, 02:19 AM   #98
lochview
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyM40i View Post

Carbon Black
M Sport Plus Pack
Tech Pack
Panoramic Sunroof
Folding Mirrors
Extended Storage
Lumbar Support
Galvanic Controls
Rear Seat Recline

List was just over £60k OTR I think, got it for £48,400 in the end. It was a stock car can the end of June which likely helped :-)
Good stuff - enjoy. I've got roughly till the end of October to wait for mine, but we'll see what Brexit has to say about that date nearer the time!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2019, 03:29 AM   #99
X3M40i_Nev
Straight Six Convert
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Garage List
2018 Mini JCW  [10.00]
2019 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyM40i View Post

Carbon Black
M Sport Plus Pack
Tech Pack
Panoramic Sunroof
Folding Mirrors
Extended Storage
Lumbar Support
Galvanic Controls
Rear Seat Recline

Cracking spec, and of course colour there
Got mine end of May, stock car too, £55k down to £45.5k for me.

Not anywhere near your your spec, but M Plus Pack, Pano, folding mirrors, and about to get CarPlay coded today.

Personally not at all bothered about the "new live cockpit" as really like the current one, but some of the other "upgrades" would be nice, like shadowline, ID7, acoustic glass, standard folding mirrors etc
      07-05-2019, 05:03 AM   #100
lochview
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Hi All,

After a long hard think, I've decided to change my paint colour from Carbon Black to Glacier Silver.

I think given the Scottish weather, looking after a silver car will be less of an issue than looking after a black equivalent.

I also think the shadow line details will stand out better here and thus that was also a driving factor.

I've always had dark cars and if I could have had a Champagne Quartz on the X3 M40i, it would have been a no brainer.

However as I can't, I've chosen to go with something different for a change and I think this colour choice is a happy medium for me.

Sorry to all the guys out there that helped me with Carbon Black, but I think this is the best choice for me for the moment.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2019, 05:37 AM   #101
Supa Koopa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW IX3 M Sport Pro

If you wanted a Champagne Quartz why didn't you go for Sunstone Metallic? Certainly not my cup of tea, but isn't that what the colour is trying to be?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2019, 05:40 AM   #102
lochview
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa Koopa View Post
If you wanted a Champagne Quartz why didn't you go for Sunstone Metallic? Certainly not my cup of tea, but isn't that what the colour is trying to be?
Too gold for my liking - champagne quartz is so much more rich in colour and changes throughout different light spectrums.

Happy to have owned it in my 435d but time for a change
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2019, 09:24 AM   #103
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60i  [10.00]
Quote:
Hi All,

After a long hard think, I've decided to change my paint colour from Carbon Black to Glacier Silver.

I think given the Scottish weather, looking after a silver car will be less of an issue than looking after a black equivalent.

I also think the shadow line details will stand out better here and thus that was also a driving factor.

I've always had dark cars and if I could have had a Champagne Quartz on the X3 M40i, it would have been a no brainer.

However as I can't, I've chosen to go with something different for a change and I think this colour choice is a happy medium for me.

Sorry to all the guys out there that helped me with Carbon Black, but I think this is the best choice for me for the moment.

Cheers!
You'll be very pleased with the Glacier Silver. It shows the lines of the X3 well and is super easy to maintain. 👍🏻

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2019, 10:06 AM   #104
lochview
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagofan00 View Post
Quote:
Hi All,

Cheers!
You'll be very pleased with the Glacier Silver. It shows the lines of the X3 well and is super easy to maintain. 👍🏻
Yep, saw your car and looked damn fine!! Happy medium for me and looking forward to having something easy to maintain.
Appreciate 1
chicagofan0019143.00
      07-06-2019, 11:12 AM   #105
lochview
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Order officially placed today for a mid September build slot. Finally got my order number. Now for the long wait till my VIN is created...
Appreciate 1
chicagofan0019143.00
      09-20-2019, 03:52 PM   #106
lochview
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

So fellow forum members, would you recommend the X3 OEM rubber mats or the M Performance mats?

I've also decided to get the car a new car detail at a certified GTechniq installer in Stirling. Going for CSU Black with Exo coating, full interior protection and the works outside including taking the alloys off, coating and adding back.

Got a great deal, so look forward to seeing the finished article.

One thing, I'm contemplating having the 718M wheels where the cerium parts are, powder coated in either black or dark grey. Any consensus on whether you think this might be a good idea, or should I stick with the standard?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 06:14 PM   #107
uxz
Rep
Drives: 440i / X4 M40i

Quote:
So fellow forum members, would you recommend the X3 OEM rubber mats or the M Performance mats?

I've also decided to get the car a new car detail at a certified GTechniq installer in Stirling. Going for CSU Black with Exo coating, full interior protection and the works outside including taking the alloys off, coating and adding back.

One thing, I'm contemplating having the 718M wheels where the cerium parts are, powder coated in either black or dark grey. Any consensus on whether you think this might be a good idea, or should I stick with the standard?
How much were you quoted for that work?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2019, 12:30 AM   #108
lochview
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by uxz View Post
Quote:

How much were you quoted for that work?
PM'd you
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2019, 01:16 AM   #109
X3M40i_Nev
Straight Six Convert
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Garage List
2018 Mini JCW  [10.00]
2019 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:

DEFINITELY the M Performance ones!
I love my 718’s as they are, but will be Coating them when I swap
to winters. But those that go black bits instead of cerium, I can understand going black, but your idea sounds better and would look very good
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      09-21-2019, 01:24 AM   #110
lochview
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3M40i_Nev View Post
Quote:

DEFINITELY the M Performance ones!
I love my 718’s as they are, but will be Coating them when I swap
to winters. But those that go black bits instead of cerium, I can understand going black, but your idea sounds better and would look very good
Yeah, thanks Nev. I like the idea of having the cerium bits on the wheels coated in a dark gunmetal or black finish while leaving the polished pieces to create a contrast.

I will then get them ceramic coated as part of that treatment either with GTechniq C5 or Kamikaze Stance at the retailer to try and maintain the finish as long as possible.

Next year, I'm also contemplating swapping the tyres out for the X3M Michelin PS4S to get better grip and have the stock 21" tyres as a spare set. Seen that these tyres should work as others have done them here.

Thanks for the mats recommendation, that's swung it for me!

I'm thinking though of a better 3rd party mat for the boot than the BMW version as it looks very much of an afterthought than one that was truly made for the car... any thoughts on this?
Appreciate 0