BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-13-2018, 01:31 PM   #1
Wanna3
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 xDrive30i

"Unknown" status in Connected app

When I checked the Connected app a short time ago it was showing "Unknown" for rear window (ie, hatch) status. Knowing that a lot of posters have had problems with the hatch opening on its own I had my wife check on it. It was fully closed and locked. She opened and closed it just to be sure, and the app switched to "closed" and then back to "unknown" again. Anyone else had this problem, or have any thoughts as to what's going on?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2018, 01:41 PM   #2
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Gremlins.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2018, 01:55 PM   #3
nogren
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: G01 30d

I haven't even got the app (on iOS) working yet, nor the portal. Had the car for a week. The app claims my ConnectedDrive subscription is not yet active. Dealer can't do much. National BMW support can't fix it, and escalate it to the cloud guys in Germany. Still no feedback ..

My guess is that they are having load issues somewhere in their cloud and/or network, and that the upper layer is not defensive enough in their systematisation, so things end up in the wrong state.

/n
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2018, 02:14 PM   #4
MechX3M40i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i Blue/Cognac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna3 View Post
When I checked the Connected app a short time ago it was showing "Unknown" for rear window (ie, hatch) status. Knowing that a lot of posters have had problems with the hatch opening on its own I had my wife check on it. It was fully closed and locked. She opened and closed it just to be sure, and the app switched to "closed" and then back to "unknown" again. Anyone else had this problem, or have any thoughts as to what's going on?
Poor AT&at network in your area? I was told that's what the car uses to communicate...

Also, if I remember correctly many of those tailgate opening were attributed to 'butt pressing' the remote, which got fixed by using a key fob case. I have those key fob case myself and never had the tailgate open by itself.
Appreciate 0