BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-02-2024, 06:03 AM   #1
Shortarmpithair
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw x3

Keys not responding, TPMS error

Hi,

2018 G01 X3

Alarm went off in the middle of the night and I was unable to disarm it using either keys, managed to get in the vehicle manually and started the car via the steering column to stop the alarm.

However, so it seems the keys buttons on either key are not responding to the car to unlock,and the car is not picking up the keys. turned it on "manually" via pullout/column and saw a TPMS error - I've also had the RAC out to change the main car battery and they couldn't get it recognise the key either, they've also confirmed the keys are sending a signal but the car isn't picking up the presensce of the key

any ideas?

TLDR: Keys not working/recognised, already tried new key batteries and car battery
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2024, 06:15 AM   #2
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortarmpithair View Post
Hi,

2018 G01 X3

Alarm went off in the middle of the night and I was unable to disarm it using either keys, managed to get in the vehicle manually and started the car via the steering column to stop the alarm.

However, so it seems the keys buttons on either key are not responding to the car to unlock,and the car is not picking up the keys. turned it on "manually" via pullout/column and saw a TPMS error - I've also had the RAC out to change the main car battery and they couldn't get it recognise the key either, they've also confirmed the keys are sending a signal but the car isn't picking up the presensce of the key

any ideas?

TLDR: Keys not working/recognised, already tried new key batteries and car battery
Any error codes generated when interrogated ?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2024, 06:23 AM   #3
Shortarmpithair
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw x3

I havent got a reader, though the RAC bloke shows me some of them and said he'll email them across, but he mentioned specifically there was a "SINE" but could be a red herring
Appreciate 0