BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-13-2019, 03:02 PM   #1
Linusj
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M Competition

Ordering an X3M, opinions on my spec

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I just ordered a new BMW X3M last Friday in C28 Donington Grey Metallic and with the HDJA Full Leather Merino/Alcantara interior.

Only options i left out was (why I choose not to):

- 402 Panoramic moonroof (heats the car on sunny days / weighs a lot?)
- 4FH Front ventilated seats (Never had this in any car, and heard it's noisy?)
- 417 Rear manual side window shades (Don't see any reason, because I choose tinted windows)
- 6U8 Gesture Control (I have access to everything on the steering wheel already)

I can still add these option on Monday. So what's your opinion?

I choose the parking assistant plus, and it's adds a lot of camera lenses, but I think they are quite "stealth" or am I wrong?

Thanks guys!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2019, 04:27 PM   #2
MrItaly
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M Competition

Ciao and congrats on your order. I had an '18 M40i fully loaded and an X3MC on order now. My thoughts based on my experience.......

1. I thought the moon roof really added a feeling of openness to the vehicle even when it was closed. There is an electric shade that you can close when parked that does a great job of keeping the heat down. Weight? Yeah, 200 lbs lighter without it, but I don't care that much to go without it. I ordered it my second time around.
2.Ventilated seats were noisy on high but not on low and still helped. Leather can be quite warm. I couldn't hear the ventilated seats when I cruised with the windows down, which I do often, and it made it that much more comfortable; I got them again.
3.Rear shades are cool if you have kids. They block even more light and look a helluva lot better than a my little pony window shade stuck to the glass. I got them again.
4. Gesture control--most reviewers I've seen called it a gimmick. I actually loved it and miss it in my rental while I await my new car. And yes, my rental has the commands on the steering wheel. I just liked it. What can I say? I'm getting it again.
5. The cameras are stealth and would probably require someone to point them out to you the first time before you could find all of them on your own.Not to mention, the 360 degree view they provide is a leader in its class.

Enjoy the new car. This is just my 2 cents.....

Last edited by MrItaly; 07-19-2019 at 05:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2019, 07:49 AM   #3
Linusj
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrItaly View Post
Ciao and congrats on your order. Enjoy the new car. This is just my 2 cents.....
Very much appreciated, thanks!

You make me, maybe, want to add the sunroof. This is the hardest option for me...

About the sun shades, I got a 7 months old baby and will probably own the car for 3 years. I just don't like that it's manual and not electric like the X5.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2019, 08:00 AM   #4
KCTiger
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

I have an X5M and the window shades are manual. If you have a baby definitely get them. I have a three year old and a 1.5 year old and the shades are always up. In my wife’s car we have stick on shades not too different than MrItaly it sounds like. O and my rear tint is around 15%.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2019, 07:17 PM   #5
fsugatorbait
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40

Garage List
2019 BMW X3 M40  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linusj View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrItaly View Post
Ciao and congrats on your order. Enjoy the new car. This is just my 2 cents.....
Very much appreciated, thanks!

You make me, maybe, want to add the sunroof. This is the hardest option for me...

About the sun shades, I got a 7 months old baby and will probably own the car for 3 years. I just don't like that it's manual and not electric like the X5.
Since you have young kids, get the side shades no question.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 08:19 AM   #6
hardparker
Father of Frankenfold
Rep
Drives: Yo daddy's 2014 X3 M Sport

Garage List
2013 BMW X1  [0.00]
2014 BMW X3  [0.00]
I like your options. PM me when you're selling it in three years. ;-)
      07-18-2019, 08:30 AM   #7
Linusj
Private
Rep

I was thinking forth and back a lot and last monday I added the options moonroof and Rear manual side window shades (for my daughter hehe).

Now let's hope I get a production week asap.

Going to be one of the first X3M's in Sweden.
Appreciate 1
ando1954.50
      07-18-2019, 04:33 PM   #8
MrItaly
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linusj View Post
I was thinking forth and back a lot and last monday I added the options moonroof and Rear manual side window shades (for my daughter hehe).

Now let's hope I get a production week asap.

Going to be one of the first X3M's in Sweden.
Bravo on both additions! I couldn't agree more.
Appreciate 0