BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-30-2019, 03:51 PM   #45
Weebs
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebs View Post
That was my thinking but we’ve come to an agreement today, asked for deposit back and all of sudden a similar higher spec vehicle with 3 year service plan, boot liner and paint protection appeared for same money - hopefully at my dealer in next 10 days
Still no car, the new up speced X3 that was supposed to be in the country and with me has apparently a key transponder fault and so they need to change the cpu and new keys only told me Friday when I was suppose to be collecting the car - anyone know if this is just dealer lies as there’s a bigger issue such as scratches dents during delivery
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2019, 03:59 PM   #46
Louda0801
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F31 335d X drive

Quote:
Well today I was told that my new BMW X3 2.0 M Sport ordered in January with the build completed on the 12th February will not be getting shipped from South Africa until after the 29th March due to fears over border controls with Brexit and I can then expect a further 8 weeks from then till delivery, quite frankly I'm totally disgusted!!! Anyone else received this news today??
I don't get the delay. I ordered mine early Feb and it's in the country.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2019, 05:48 PM   #47
Weebs
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louda0801 View Post
Nor me and now even more annoyed that other vehicle that was apparently in the country and was and upspeced model hasn’t arrived due to a key transponder issue - beginning to think just been fed a pack of lies

Was your model just standard or extras and different specs?
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2019, 05:55 PM   #48
MediaMan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 3.0dM, Phytonic Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by b19rak View Post
Ordered mine mid December, was told March, early April. Now told today like the OP its Mid May. In a fit of rage i cancelled the order. Spent the day phoning around to see whats about, including other makes. I then realised there is f**k all else out there to the spec i want so reluctantly called the lease broker up and asked him to reinstate the deal, which has been confirmed.
Ooh. Another X3 in my locality...nice.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2019, 04:38 PM   #49
Louda0801
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F31 335d X drive

Quote:
Quote:
Nor me and now even more annoyed that other vehicle that was apparently in the country and was and upspeced model hasn’t arrived due to a key transponder issue - beginning to think just been fed a pack of lies

Carbon black
Oyster interior
Individual piano black trim
M sport plus
Electric mirrors
Lumbar support
Extended storage
HUD
Driving assistant pack

Thought the individual piano black trim would make it take longer.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2019, 01:49 AM   #50
Dravit Grey X545e
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Nor me and now even more annoyed that other vehicle that was apparently in the country and was and upspeced model hasn't arrived due to a key transponder issue - beginning to think just been fed a pack of lies

Carbon black
Oyster interior
Individual piano black trim
M sport plus
Electric mirrors
Lumbar support
Extended storage
HUD
Driving assistant pack

Thought the individual piano black trim would make it take longer.
I ordered piano black for my M40D but was told it was no longer an option... ordered 14 Nov, got email couple of days before Christmas saying build slot pulled due to spec change. Car delivered 19 March. Got first email congratulating me on placing order 6 March, having ordered in November, the next email a few days later was about handover! Not able to track any of build / shipping progress.

First world problem but would have been nice to know as no updates from dealer unless I called them.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2019, 04:34 AM   #51
miketee99
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 G01 20i M Sport

BREXIT Delays my BMW

Ordered x3 16th Feb 2019
Promised!!!Delivery 1st week of May 2019
Built and at status of 6000 with distribution 13th March 2019
Latest e-mail from BMW today 13th April attached
Going backwards fast
Cannot see BREXIT anytime soon

Dear Mike

Thanks for the email about the delivery of your BMW X3.

A number of South African built IVS status 6000 vehicles are being held currently at the ports of exit. This is due to our Brexit preparations and is designed to mitigate against the risk of any potential problems as a result of possible changes to customs processes at UK ports in the immediate aftermath of Brexit.

I’ve had a look and have found that your car was transferred to the distributor on 13-0302019 but got delayed, it is now due to be delivered on 23-06-2019.

I hope this was helpful and if you require further assistance then please get back in touch.

Kind regards

Hunain

BMW Group UK
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2019, 06:48 AM   #52
Slashers 28th/61st
Stumpy
England
Rep
Drives: X3 30d M Sport

What.......26th June ....that is surely a long wait, is this for the 40i.
Ordered my 3.0d mid Jan and was at dealer for last week of March 19, but this came from South Carolina USA....fortunately not SA.....Feel for'ya
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2019, 07:00 AM   #53
miketee99
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

No Slashers its an M sport 2.0i in Carbon Black with a few extra goodies-would have preferred an M sport 3.0i but not available in the UK-well mines not available at the moment !!

I can't help feeling with all the disarray that is in government at present that 26th June 2019 might be pie in the sky!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2019, 11:32 AM   #54
happyharry
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashers 28th/61st View Post
What.......26th June ....that is surely a long wait, is this for the 40i.
Ordered my 3.0d mid Jan and was at dealer for last week of March 19, but this came from South Carolina USA....fortunately not SA.....Feel for'ya
I ordered my 3.0d 1st March and was told build slot w/c 18th March. Estimated delivery date 20th May. Will need to check mine is not also delayed. I thought all X3's for the UK were built in SA is this not the case?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2019, 11:37 AM   #55
b19rak
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 G20 M340i

I’ll be checking mine again. If it’s moved again from mid may it’s going to be cancelled.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2019, 12:02 PM   #56
miketee99
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Rosslyn Deliveries extracted from a previous post

I came across this post in an earlier forum and have tried to use it for want of any later info Using the molroro site i can see that two vessels the Palmela and the Genuine Ace are calling at Durban in the next fortnight with voyages to Bremerhaven

I have my Ag Number My Dlr code and my VIN but nobody on Genius customer service or my dealer cannot and will not tell me any more

Thanks to the poster from Maryland who entered the included post

Rosslyn SA build here as well, took delivery a couple weeks ago.

You can track the vessel schedule for the carrier from this page.
http://www.molroro.com/MOLVesselSchedule.aspx

Just set your "POL" to 'durban' and see which vessels head to the US west coast.

Once your vehicle is out of production use this site to see when it gets dropped off at the port by BMW - http://41.160.4.58:8080/apex/f?p=102:11:0::NO

To search on this site change the Category type to 'Cars' and enter the last seven of your VIN. The site was about a day behind for my '18 340i xDrive, but let me know when it arrived at port (via rail) and which boat it left on, which I could then track with the vessel schedule site linked above.

And once underway the best site I found for vessel tracking was https://www.marinetraffic.com/, which was always more up to date than any of the other vessel tracking sites I looked at.

And for me, my boat (NEPTUNE ACE) went from Rosslyn/Durban to another port in SA and then straight New Jersey, skipping the stop in Europe. It then stopped in Baltimore which was my port of entry. Boats out of Rosslyn/Durban to the US do seem to be more spread out compared to German builds, leaving once every 3-4 weeks. My car sat at the port for 22 days becuase I just missed a vessel heading to the east coast. The transit at sea was 20 days.

I can't take credit for all this good tracking info, there's a thread with these details in another post. I can confirm this worked great for me.

Best luck tracking your vehicle. It's cliche because you see everyone saying it, but the wait is well worth it!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2019, 05:49 PM   #57
Slashers 28th/61st
Stumpy
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyharry View Post
I ordered my 3.0d 1st March and was told build slot w/c 18th March. Estimated delivery date 20th May. Will need to check mine is not also delayed. I thought all X3's for the UK were built in SA is this not the case?
NO.....Pretty sure yours (3.0 d ) will be built at Sparten-berg South Carolina USA happyharry
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2019, 07:06 AM   #58
b19rak
Private
Rep

I've called my lease broker this morning. Just waiting for a call back. I'm sure its going to be delayed.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2019, 08:14 AM   #59
Crassus
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 19' G20 X3 20i & 19' M140i

My car, a 20i, was painted and built last week. Any idea where it might be built. So far the dealer hasn't warned me of any brexit related delays.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2019, 08:26 AM   #60
MarkyM
Major
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crassus View Post
My car, a 20i, was painted and built last week. Any idea where it might be built. So far the dealer hasn't warned me of any brexit related delays.
It's more than likely South Africa but if you haven't already get the VIN Number from dealer, the 10th character will tell you where it's built, N is South Africa, L or M is USA
Appreciate 1
Crassus229.00
      04-15-2019, 09:48 AM   #61
b19rak
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by b19rak View Post
I've called my lease broker this morning. Just waiting for a call back. I'm sure its going to be delayed.
Just confirmed that X cars are being held at port due to a further 4 week Brexit delay. Unfortunately i'm going to have to cancel. Gutted.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2019, 10:13 AM   #62
miketee99
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Bloggers with UK orders for X3 BEWARE

That is not good news and I should imagine that all posters who have X3s on order from South Africa will be in exactly the same situation. BMW are keeping very quiet about this ridiculous state of affairs.

Meanwhile I will continue to enjoy my Black Sapphire M Sport 325 CI that I purchased from new in 2005 and has been practically faultless in all that time.

Please see pics attached.

Miketee99
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
MarkyM381.50
Crassus229.00
muzzalad268.50
      04-15-2019, 10:30 AM   #63
MechX3M40i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i Blue/Cognac

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketee99 View Post
That is not good news and I should imagine that all posters who have X3s on order from South Africa will be in exactly the same situation. BMW are keeping very quiet about this ridiculous state of affairs.

Meanwhile I will continue to enjoy my Black Sapphire M Sport 325 CI that I purchased from new in 2005 and has been practically faultless in all that time.

Miketee99
Your 14 year old car is looking great! Pristine!
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2019, 10:42 AM   #64
MarkyM
Major
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketee99 View Post

Miketee99
Every cloud as they say, that looks superb, the best shape 👍
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2019, 12:41 PM   #65
happyharry
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyharry View Post
Update: So I contacted my dealer to see if they were aware of any Brexit delays and was advised as follows:

'We are aware of a couple of delays but from what we can see on our system it hasn't affected the delivery of your car, it's still showing as the end of May for arrival here at the dealership. It's on the ship up from South Africa as we speak. Worst case scenario is it might be the very beginning of June but I doubt that very much.'

I located the ship it is on using my VIN and it is currently on route on the Morning Catherine
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2019, 01:21 PM   #66
miketee99
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Beating the BREXIT BLOCKADE apparently

You must be happy Harry!!

Which method did you use to get from VIN number to vessel name please?

Thanks
Miketee99
Appreciate 0