BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-22-2017, 02:17 PM   #89
Sharpedge
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Yes you can put down £1K to reserve your build slot. I've been told Nov for all the finance detail to be released in full. I've had once built on the dealer configuration tool and have been given a quote. If i wanted to pay asking price I could have placed the order right then. I wanted to haggle so I was told to come back in Nov.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2017, 02:29 PM   #90
Langs_in_london
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i (On order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpedge View Post
Yes you can put down £1K to reserve your build slot. I've been told Nov for all the finance detail to be released in full. I've had once built on the dealer configuration tool and have been given a quote. If i wanted to pay asking price I could have placed the order right then. I wanted to haggle so I was told to come back in Nov.
Very helpful Sharpedge. Thank you. Let’s both keep an eye on the finance situation. The dealer told me there “is always margin to play with’ , so i’m sure we can haggle......

Meanwhile i’ll drop the deposit cash down.

LL
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2017, 02:40 PM   #91
strike4A
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i LCI Tanzanite Blue II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langs_in_london View Post
Very helpful Sharpedge. Thank you. Let’s both keep an eye on the finance situation. The dealer told me there “is always margin to play with’ , so i’m sure we can haggle......

Meanwhile i’ll drop the deposit cash down.

LL
I ordered last week from BMW Park Lane. The M40i is loaded on the BMW SA3 ordering system. Franchise dealers probably haven’t been allotted allocation yet so if you want to order now then you need to go via Park Lane as they are “HQ”.

GFV is around the £24k mark for 4 year PCP dependent on options. Roughly £9k deposit would result in £500 monthlies.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 02:34 AM   #92
Langs_in_london
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by strike4A View Post
I ordered last week from BMW Park Lane. The M40i is loaded on the BMW SA3 ordering system. Franchise dealers probably haven’t been allotted allocation yet so if you want to order now then you need to go via Park Lane as they are “HQ”.

GFV is around the £24k mark for 4 year PCP dependent on options. Roughly £9k deposit would result in £500 monthlies.
Wow, what a helpful place this is. That is exactly the information I was after, thank you very much.

LL

Last edited by Langs_in_london; 11-08-2017 at 05:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2017, 05:26 AM   #93
Langs_in_london
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

...and button pushed on the M40i
Let the waiting begin. Went for the Phytonic Blue, Cognac Seats, adaptive suspension, upgraded HK stereo, Head Up Display, Apple Carplay and Enhanced BT - That will do it..
Will let you know when I get a build slot, anyone else ordered in UK?

LL
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2017, 06:12 AM   #94
Slalom
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 04 Z4, 18 X3 M40i

Garage List
2004 Z4  [0.00]
2018 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Let the waiting begin. Went for the Phytonic Blue, Cognac Seats, adaptive suspension, upgraded HK stereo, Head Up Display, Apple Carplay and Enhanced BT - That will do it..

LL
Congratulations!

With luck it will not be too far off.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2017, 08:53 AM   #95
strike4A
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

LL
Similar spec to mine except adding sunroof and electric folding mirrors but no CarPlay. Can always add it after from ConnectedDrive store though. Just not convinced on it yet.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2017, 05:08 PM   #96
dbmb
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:

LL
Managed to order mine 4 weeks ago. Expecting Jan delivery at the moment.

M40 in Sapphire Black with 21's, Tech pack, Comfort pack, sunroof, black/blue leather, adaptive suspension, acoustic glass, HK and the park assist + for the surround cameras.

Dealer called this afternoon to say they have a launch event this weekend and have 3 cars in to view and drive.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2017, 03:02 AM   #97
allachie9
Grumpy Old Man
Scotland
Rep
Drives: G30 520i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmb View Post
Dealer called this afternoon to say they have a launch event this weekend and have 3 cars in to view and drive.
Lucky you, both with your order and especially with your dealer having a launch event and getting some cars in to view.
I'm still waiting for my dealer in the North East to say when he will be doing the same.
      11-09-2017, 04:58 AM   #98
Langs_in_london
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Yes, the cars are arriving this weekend to a lot of dealers......

I looked very closely at sunroof but turned it down due to costs and weight addition.....I lightened up the leather as a consequence....
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2017, 08:34 AM   #99
strike4A
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Updated November pricelist attached with M40i included
Attached Images
File Type: pdf JGB48542+BMW+X3+G01+PT+(Spreads).pdf (4.63 MB, 327 views)
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2017, 02:35 PM   #100
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Saw a couple of examples today up in Chester.

Huge improvement IMO on the past Car. Night and Day.

The blue looks superb and all wheel choices look very very nice.

The leather IMO was a tiny increment though over Dakota. I wish to see it in the brown though as it was just black in the showroom.
      11-11-2017, 04:07 PM   #101
Tengocity
General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 911, Cayenne Turbo, Disco 4

Coast to coast found me a dealer who was prepared to discount almost 8% on the M40i for anyone looking to order soon I'm the UK.

We are in no hurry so test driving a few options in the class and then will wait to see how the deals look next year.

The finance deal I was offered was 48 months 60k miles and the final payment was £21k, which sounds like bmw aren't expecting residuals to be all that great on those.
Current: Porsche 911 991 C4S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo, Land Rover Discovery 4. Gone...G01 X3 M40i, Cayman S 987, F31 340i, Cayman GT4, F82 M4 CP, Lotus Exige V6, G20 330e, F30 330e, Boxster S 987, F31 335d, Mini Cooper SD, E89 Z4, E90 330d 320d, E60 520d, E46 330d 320d, MX5s, E30 325i
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2017, 11:44 AM   #102
Crassus
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 19' G20 X3 20i & 19' M140i

I had a missed call from the local dealer today. Tomorrow I will find out when I can test drive it. I'm very happy with F25 and will consider the hybrid or electric version of the G01 when available in 2019/2020.
      11-12-2017, 12:08 PM   #103
dbmb
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Went and had a look at a couple yesterday at the local dealership. These cars look so much better in real life. I thought it was an X5 in the showroom at first. It's got a lot more presence then the previous and the interior is a huge step up in quality. In fact it makes my F80 M3 look cheap and dated.

Got to go for a drive in the 20d m-sport. It was a pretty high spec with the acoustic glass, 20inch wheels, HK, etc. Very planted and quiet on the road and the 2L diesel always surprises me with the amount of go it has. Even on 20in and with m-sport suspension the ride wasn't too hard so 21's with adaptive on the M40 should be great.

The new seats with the blue contrast stitching look nice and are very comfy with plenty of adjustment. I'm 6'2" and the car feels nice and spacious. Plenty of leg and head room. The view out over the bonnet (hood ?) is nice with the crease lines giving it a more aggressive look.

Overall, really impressed. Really looking fwd to my M40 now ?, although looking like delivery won't be until late Jan ?.
Appreciate 1
Max Well4717.50
      11-12-2017, 05:18 PM   #104
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmb View Post
Went and had a look at a couple yesterday at the local dealership. These cars look so much better in real life. I thought it was an X5 in the showroom at first. It's got a lot more presence then the previous and the interior is a huge step up in quality. In fact it makes my F80 M3 look cheap and dated.

Got to go for a drive in the 20d m-sport. It was a pretty high spec with the acoustic glass, 20inch wheels, HK, etc. Very planted and quiet on the road and the 2L diesel always surprises me with the amount of go it has. Even on 20in and with m-sport suspension the ride wasn't too hard so 21's with adaptive on the M40 should be great.

The new seats with the blue contrast stitching look nice and are very comfy with plenty of adjustment. I'm 6'2" and the car feels nice and spacious. Plenty of leg and head room. The view out over the bonnet (hood ?) is nice with the crease lines giving it a more aggressive look.

Overall, really impressed. Really looking fwd to my M40 now ?, although looking like delivery won't be until late Jan ?.
It seems this can't be understated - 'these cars look so much better in real life'. I had read similar comments from those having seen them in person at various shows before the release, but didn't place much emphasis on them. Now there will be those who have different subjective aesthetic tastes, as we all do, but for some reason the cameras (? many being cell phone derivatives), or the proximity of the filming, or the lighting, or the parallax, ... just don't do it justice. And the paint appearance if metallic is a chameleon as shared with our build, totally dependent on its surroundings. If one is on the fence regarding exterior design and/or paint presentation, perhaps waiting to see one in person at a show or a Dealership might assist.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2017, 03:30 AM   #105
Langs_in_london
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Can anyone comment on the 'Individual' Sunstone Metallic colour?......It's referenced in the latest PDF but I can't find a snap of it anywhere....My order is for the Blue at present, but I'd like to see it....

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2017, 07:57 AM   #106
Slalom
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 04 Z4, 18 X3 M40i

Garage List
2004 Z4  [0.00]
2018 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Can anyone comment on the 'Individual' Sunstone Metallic colour?......It's referenced in the latest PDF but I can't find a snap of it anywhere....My order is for the Blue at present, but I'd like to see it....

Cheers

I have ordered Sunstone, it is on the build & price engine for BMW in the Netherlands. Like many (most) colours on the X3, its tone will vary according to the ambient light.

Apparently, it is available as of December production along with Merino leather seating (in my case Tartuffo).

Last edited by Slalom; 11-13-2017 at 08:04 AM.. Reason: clarification on availability
Appreciate 1
Max Well4717.50
      11-13-2017, 08:43 AM   #107
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slalom View Post
I have ordered Sunstone, it is on the build & price engine for BMW in the Netherlands. Like many (most) colours on the X3, its tone will vary according to the ambient light.
Had we been given the option here in the USA, we probably would have gone with Sunstone Metallic as well. But as you mention, it is quite remarkable how BMW's metallic paint on the G01 can assume different character when viewed in different lighting conditions and locales. As the finish is so pristinely mirror-like it will reflect not only the light off the metallic flakes but also surrounding nearby objects and their colorations. As such, we've been very pleased with the Dark Graphite Metallic.

But it will be interesting to see ongoing photo contributions from Forum Members of their G01s in different lighting and locations as a more rounded idea of how the paint will look can then be achieved it seems.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-13-2017, 11:11 AM   #108
CalgaryAndUK
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 650 640D

Merino Leather

UK just released the three Merino leather options - love the texture of this so def going with it but it's not available in simple black! So have to choose between red/black (mainly red - somewhat garish especially the rear seat which is all bright red), tartufo (odd shade of brown) or white (beautiful but will be stained with blue jeans very quickly). Any thoughts? What are others choosing?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2017, 11:25 AM   #109
strike4A
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryAndUK View Post
UK just released the three Merino leather options - love the texture of this so def going with it but it's not available in simple black! So have to choose between red/black (mainly red - somewhat garish especially the rear seat which is all bright red), tartufo (odd shade of brown) or white (beautiful but will be stained with blue jeans very quickly). Any thoughts? What are others choosing?
Black with blue stitching for me. Just changed paint colour to Carbon Black. Think they will go well together.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2017, 11:42 AM   #110
Sharpedge
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Phytonic, Black with Blue stitching. Thought of going with the the Cognac to make it a little brighter inside. The other half said not a chance so I cut a deal and got the sun roof

Rest of the build - Tech Pack, Adaptive M Suspension, Acoustic side glass, Sun Prot, Anti-dazzle mirrors, Extended Storage, Driving Assis, Active cruise, Harman/Kardon..oh and a tow bar.
Appreciate 0