BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-03-2017, 11:52 AM   #45
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d Xline Melbourne Red

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky14 View Post
Are there any new colours - unfortunately I couldn't go to a M40i which gets a great new colour.
Are there any colours ?

Black or grey .. really disappointing palette

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Current: E85 Z4 3.0si roadster titanium/Syrah individual

Current: F31 320d touring black/black work hack
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2017, 12:08 PM   #46
Tjalle
Major
Rep
Drives: X4 35i

If my analysis is correct - see "The double clue"- there will be about 2- 3 months of M40i only. There is time for new colours to be introduced.

The good news is that the UK might not have to wait "traditionally long" - at least for the M40i (if allowed to the island) - but STD models will probably not surface until spring.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2017, 12:52 PM   #47
strike4A
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i LCI Tanzanite Blue II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_o View Post
Are there any colours ?

Phytonic Blue isn't exclusive to the M40i. These are the options:

Non-metallic:
- Alpine White
- Jet Black

Metallic:
- Black Sapphire
- Carbon Black
- Glacier Silver
- Mineral White
- Phytonic Blue
- Sophisto Grey
- Sparkling Storm
- Terra Brown

Jet Black, Mineral White, Sparking Storm and Terra Brown will not be available for M-Sport models.

Carbon Black is only available with M-Sport.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-03-2017, 12:59 PM   #48
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by strike4A View Post
Quote:
Are there any colours ?

Non-metallic:
- Alpine White
- Jet Black

Metallic:
- Black Sapphire
- Carbon Black
- Glacier Silver
- Mineral White
- Phytonic Blue
- Sophisto Grey
- Sparkling Storm
- Terra Brown

Jet Black, Mineral White, Sparking Storm and Terra Brown will not be available for M-Sport models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strike4A View Post
Quote:
Are there any colours ?

Non-metallic:
- Alpine White
- Jet Black

Metallic:
- Black Sapphire
- Carbon Black
- Glacier Silver
- Mineral White
- Phytonic Blue
- Sophisto Grey
- Sparkling Storm
- Terra Brown

Yup ... my point entirely as dull as ditchwater

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Appreciate 0
      08-04-2017, 03:21 AM   #49
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Quote:
Yup ... my point entirely as dull as ditchwater
Maybe they want to skim and sell nicer colors as "individual"
Appreciate 1
Andy_o77.00
      08-04-2017, 12:19 PM   #50
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Well

Having made an enquiry I'm being told that I should be able to get a car Feb/March 2018 if I order now

Can I take the wait after 10 months waiting for this one ?

Oh and the kicker .. my current X3 seems to be £5k in negative equity

So much for cast iron residuals ?

I suppose being a big diesel lump isn't helping

I suppose it's not too bad because I reckon I can VT round about then

So ... stick or twist ?

Appreciate 0
      08-07-2017, 02:23 PM   #51
Crassus
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 19' G20 X3 20i & 19' M140i

Quote:

So ... stick or twist ?
Residuals on most cars are bad because of the sheer volume of discounted pre-reg cars sitting on dealer lots. Wait until summer next year and there will be to pick up a G01 at sweet prices.

Nearly new G30s are already available with discounts of £6,000-15,000.
      08-08-2017, 06:55 AM   #52
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crassus View Post
Quote:

So ... stick or twist ?
Residuals on most cars are bad because of the sheer volume of discounted pre-reg cars sitting on dealer lots. Wait until summer next year and there will be to pick up a G01 at sweet prices.

Nearly new G30s are already available with discounts of £6,000-15,000.
The figures aren't as bad as I first thought .. it's less than £2k but still not great

Certainly at the moment I'm getting bombarded with invites to "special events" from dealers who seem to be desperate to sell cars at the moment

I do wonder whether the UK car tax changes in April are hitting the likes of BMW hard

There is a serious reluctance for people to pay car tax ... look at all the zero rate cars sold

The new X3 is just over £40k with msport or xline with Met paint

So on an Xline you add Met paint at £650 and that bumps up your tax by £2k over 5 years

Same with the 3 and 5 series .. can see it putting a lot of people off

Buy a car under £40k and pay £140 in tax .. go a penny over and pay £450

I don't think people buying £80k range rovers will be bothered but normal people buying normal cars will be

Maybe the time has come for BMW to stop offering 25% off list and just reduce the list prices

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2017, 07:44 AM   #53
PerryGunn
Idiot-in-chief
Rep
Drives: around: in: circles:

Garage List
Quote:
I do wonder whether the UK car tax changes in April are hitting the likes of BMW hard

There is a serious reluctance for people to pay car tax ... look at all the zero rate cars sold

The new X3 is just over £40k with msport or xline with Met paint

So on an Xline you add Met paint at £650 and that bumps up your tax by £2k over 5 years

Same with the 3 and 5 series .. can see it putting a lot of people off

Buy a car under £40k and pay £140 in tax .. go a penny over and pay £450

I don't think people buying £80k range rovers will be bothered but normal people buying normal cars will be

Maybe the time has come for BMW to stop offering 25% off list and just reduce the list prices
This is one of the reasons that we bought forward the purchase of our replacement X3.

We got our LCI 20d MSport in September 2014, no choice on the spec but with no wait as it was a cancelled order that had just arrived in the showroom, and would have been looking to replace it around September this year. Explored the possibility with our local dealer around end Nov/early Dec last year and got a very good deal on a factory-build 30d MSport that we could spec the way we wanted.

This suited me perfectly as we much prefer the 30d and we'll probably keep it until the bugs have been ironed out of the G01 and it's available as the LCI version (assuming we decide another X3 is the way we want to go)

I think you're right in that the manufacturers will end up reducing list prices and discounts - at least on cars with list prices in excess of £40k that are typically discounted to below £40k. The first 'premium' manufacturer to do so could even make a decent marketing campaign out of the changes
Andy_o77.00
      08-09-2017, 03:57 AM   #54
Smithy2014
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0d msport Auto

Got my LC1 a week before the tax changes, £140 a year instead of £450 a year for road tax.

Really happy with my LC1 and although I am not a massive fan of the GO1 I am sure it will grow on me in time. I think we all have to admit the days of getting an X3 with a few choice options for under 40K are gone. I like the look of the Jag E-Pace (always thought the F-Pace was like the X5 in size) and even one of those was coming out at 49K. Curiously specced a Range Rover Velar and even a low powered engine with a few choice options was tipping the scales at 62K!!
      08-10-2017, 12:44 AM   #55
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy2014 View Post
Got my LC1 a week before the tax changes, £140 a year instead of £450 a year for road tax.

Really happy with my LC1 and although I am not a massive fan of the GO1 I am sure it will grow on me in time. I think we all have to admit the days of getting an X3 with a few choice options for under 40K are gone. I like the look of the Jag E-Pace (always thought the F-Pace was like the X5 in size) and even one of those was coming out at 49K. Curiously specced a Range Rover Velar and even a low powered engine with a few choice options was tipping the scales at 62K!!
The velar will still look more expensive at 62k than the X3.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 01:48 AM   #56
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by X4guy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy2014 View Post

The velar will still look more expensive at 62k than the X3.
But will it still look more expensive with an AA truck sat behind it ?

Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 09:13 AM   #57
ddanny
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Is already known when the X3 M40i in the UK can be ordered ?
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2017, 02:29 AM   #58
strike4A
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddanny View Post
Is already known when the X3 M40i in the UK can be ordered ?
You can put down a holding deposit now with a dealer.

UK configurator now live. Only the diesel models for the moment as M40i will be coming 2-3 months after initial launch.

http://www.bmw.co.uk/vc/ncc/xhtml/st...4#MODEL_ENGINE
Appreciate 1
SamS866.50
      08-17-2017, 04:39 PM   #59
Sharpedge
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

I have the car spec done in the guise of a 30D M Sport to see how the extras hike the price. Waiting to drop them all onto the M40i config when it goes live. Would very much like to know what the official price of the M40i is going to be and which extras are going to be loaded as standard over the 30D M Sport. There is a post in the forum on the US price list which specs rather a lot as standard, keyless entry, dark windows ext. The German site has almost everything as an extra so that is not much help.

I love the 21" rims but have been horrified by the £400+ price per tyre for replacement run flats.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2017, 02:55 AM   #60
ddanny
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpedge View Post
I have the car spec done in the guise of a 30D M Sport to see how the extras hike the price. Waiting to drop them all onto the M40i config when it goes live. Would very much like to know what the official price of the M40i is going to be and which extras are going to be loaded as standard over the 30D M Sport. There is a post in the forum on the US price list which specs rather a lot as standard, keyless entry, dark windows ext. The German site has almost everything as an extra so that is not much help.

I love the 21" rims but have been horrified by the £400+ price per tyre for replacement run flats.
BMW X3 M40i coasts
£51,280 in UK
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2017, 03:02 AM   #61
strike4A
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Base price for M40i will be £51,280.

Spec-wise, I can't see much else being added as standard to the M Sport spec (Pro Nav, Heated Seats, Park Assist).

What's odd is that if you follow through a 30d M Sport spec online through to the finance screen it gives a PCP APR of 9.8% which has got to be a mistake.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2017, 10:15 AM   #62
Sharpedge
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Today I drove a current model X3 30D M Sport to see what the engine is like. A few weeks ago I drove a 540i M as this will relate to whats going into the M40i. The big diesel has loads more power than my current 2lt diesel Q5. The hard question is do I need the M40i over the 30D? The diesel has much better mileage but the petrol will be more fun to drive. With diesel falling out of favour right now I don't want to drop £50k and make a massive loss in a few years when the UK Gov decides that diesel cars have got to go! I know it's down to me at the end of the day...any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2017, 10:41 AM   #63
Peter_R
Air Vice Marshall
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 LCI xDrive 2.0i M Sport

Quote:
Today I drove a current model X3 30D M Sport to see what the engine is like. A few weeks ago I drove a 540i M as this will relate to whats going into the M40i. The big diesel has loads more power than my current 2lt diesel Q5. The hard question is do I need the M40i over the 30D? The diesel has much better mileage but the petrol will be more fun to drive. With diesel falling out of favour right now I don't want to drop £50k and make a massive loss in a few years when the UK Gov decides that diesel cars have got to go! I know it's down to me at the end of the day...any thoughts?
I have received several emails from North Oxford BMW saying they had available to them some very good deals for the X3 30d for registration on 1st Sept 2017 (67 plate).

I suspect that BMW have already got some prebuilt and in the UK and they are available to any dealer in the UK. I suspect it is up to the dealer to sort out his profit margin and sell these.

I was in North Oxford BMW on Thursday and was advised all the official details for the G01(not word of mouth blurb) would be released on 4th September.

I have had my Pre LCI (63 plate) X3 xDrive 30d MSport for nearly 3 years now. It is an Ex BMW Management vehicle and had taken the depreciation £££ Loss with them. The car is too heavy to even consider going to a 2 litre. I found it was too sluggish.

If I was in the market for a new 30d, I would wait because I am sure there will be good offerings (old stock F25) even after the release of the GO1.

PS. I do not drive slowly. Pottering around and booting it in traffic I get 33 to 34 mpg. On motorway runs and driving up around the speed of all fast traffic, I get 36 mpg. That is excellent with all the grunt available.

As an aside, I cannot see diesels having to go just like that. Too many votes to lose and anyway, there are too many diesels on the road. They will just have to let them die slowly. Also bear in mind the latest EU6 cars are extremely clean and the factories are not set to change over to petrol. Lots to consider. Just wait for a while and see what happens.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2017, 11:17 AM   #64
Sharpedge
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Peter, can you confirm if you found the 20D or the 30D sluggish?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2017, 11:35 AM   #65
Peter_R
Air Vice Marshall
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 LCI xDrive 2.0i M Sport

The 20d is sluggish.

The 30d has all the grunt in the world and is great for overtaking.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2017, 04:44 PM   #66
ianfp
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40D M Sport

I didn't find the 20D to be too sluggish for my use. The 0-62 time is faster than most family saloons, but I would prefer the 30D for regular motorway journeys.

My 30D is currently returning 32 mpg around town and I have had 36 mpg on medium journeys of around 30 miles on A roads and its a X5 M Sport! I never drove a 30D X3, but it must be a very potent car!
Appreciate 0