BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-12-2021, 03:54 PM   #243
Bestle
First Lieutenant
299
Rep
334
Posts

Drives: BMW X3M Competition, Audi R8
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan4 View Post
I got ~22%, I ordered a '21 but dealer matched the offer for an lci. I do know the offer has changed now though. 6% seems terrible though, have you tried trl?
I messaged him a few weeks back but no reply
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2021, 03:56 PM   #244
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
903
Rep
2,278
Posts

Drives: 340i on order
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: sheffield

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan4 View Post
I got ~22%, I ordered a '21 but dealer matched the offer for an lci. I do know the offer has changed now though. 6% seems terrible though, have you tried trl?
I messaged him a few weeks back but no reply
I know he didn't have many build slots and the q3 deals aren't as good.

The John Clark offer is probably still better than you've been quoted so far.

https://www.john-clark.co.uk/bmw/new...m-competition/
__________________
Current - X3m Comp

Gone but not forgotten - F80 m3 Comp, F30 340i, F30 - 320i
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2021, 04:22 PM   #245
f82fanatic
Major
848
Rep
1,248
Posts

Drives: Future X3M
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbpdpm View Post
My Brooklyn Grey is also set for week 31 build!
Congrats! Another one
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2021, 04:56 PM   #246
f82fanatic
Major
848
Rep
1,248
Posts

Drives: Future X3M
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by f82fanatic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by f82fanatic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylorguy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by f82fanatic View Post
Update: more allocations are coming! yesterday afternoon my dealership finally called to let me know mine is on the way!

No info regarding programs yet though…
Nice, congrats! What final build did you end up with?
X3M (not competition)

Marina Bay Blue
Tartufo interior
M Sport seats
Ventilated seats
Panoramic roof

This is what I had before (it used to be Pythonic, I assume they went with the new blue and not a black or a white &#129315

I still don't have the production number so I can't see it, but I'll get that soon. I'll keep you posted.
Week 31, here we come!

FYI, the ordering guide is still not available. Maybe by next week per the dealership.
Guys… I'm having thoughts about the styling of these wheels. Wondering if I should upgrade to one of the two other styles. I know many of you have the comp wheels. So what are your thoughts?

I have the 20s that come standard in my
Build.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2021, 05:15 PM   #247
evo-mike
Lieutenant
641
Rep
597
Posts

Drives: 2020 X3M, 2016 435i M-Sport
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: GA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by f82fanatic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by f82fanatic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by f82fanatic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylorguy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by f82fanatic View Post
Update: more allocations are coming! yesterday afternoon my dealership finally called to let me know mine is on the way!

No info regarding programs yet though…
Nice, congrats! What final build did you end up with?
X3M (not competition)

Marina Bay Blue
Tartufo interior
M Sport seats
Ventilated seats
Panoramic roof

This is what I had before (it used to be Pythonic, I assume they went with the new blue and not a black or a white &#129315

I still don't have the production number so I can't see it, but I'll get that soon. I'll keep you posted.
Week 31, here we come!

FYI, the ordering guide is still not available. Maybe by next week per the dealership.
Guys… I'm having thoughts about the styling of these wheels. Wondering if I should upgrade to one of the two other styles. I know many of you have the comp wheels. So what are your thoughts?

I have the 20s that come standard in my
Build.
I love the new comp wheels. On my 2020, I didn't go comp, but got the comp seats, wheels etc. but had I ordered one, I would have gone for the 20s. These new comp wheels are much nicer IMO, and I don't think you can get them without the comp package so now I wouldn't get an lci without the comp package
Appreciate 1
      07-12-2021, 07:23 PM   #248
wifesnewbmw
Private First Class
51
Rep
105
Posts

Drives: 2009 3 series 328Xi
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Thanks for checking again about the ordering guides! Seems like dealers dare kept in the dark. On the subject of wheels: Always personal taste - style and size. When it comes to choosing size - testosterone always says the bigger the better.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2021, 10:48 PM   #249
silverathlon
Private
56
Rep
70
Posts

Drives: Audi S3
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Anyone in Australia able to secure an allocation?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2021, 01:57 AM   #250
X3MCRN
Second Lieutenant
X3MCRN's Avatar
United_States
152
Rep
253
Posts

Drives: 2022 X3MC
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Mechanicville, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifesnewbmw View Post
Thanks for checking again about the ordering guides! Seems like dealers dare kept in the dark. On the subject of wheels: Always personal taste - style and size. When it comes to choosing size - testosterone always says the bigger the better.
I like the 21" 765 over the 892. I thought about 892 but my reason is probably more practical - detailing. After washing the car, those wheels are like a honeycomb for water to spray all over the car as soon as you're done polishing up the car with all those nooks and crannies as you drive down the road…. unless you have an air compressor which I can't have at the moment due to where I live. As for a quick wipe down? Hell no. It'll be a chore every time to clean even brake dust off.

I also think they look a little awkward on an SAV compared to the sedan/coupe platforms but that's subjective.
__________________
2013 328i
2018 340i
2022 X3M Competition
Appreciate 1
      07-13-2021, 07:32 AM   #251
swaggner
New Member
swaggner's Avatar
United_States
12
Rep
14
Posts

Drives: BMW X3M
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Baltimore, Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by f82fanatic View Post
Guys… I'm having thoughts about the styling of these wheels. Wondering if I should upgrade to one of the two other styles. I know many of you have the comp wheels. So what are your thoughts?

I have the 20s that come standard in my
Build.
I have a 2020 non-Comp with the 765 wheels…one detail that I really like is that the non polished areas on the non-Comp 765 wheel are “orbit grey” instead of black. It looks really good on a blue X3M (I have Phy Blue).

I assume the 2022s will carry over the same design but we’ll see when the order guides come out.
Appreciate 1
      07-13-2021, 07:55 AM   #252
f82fanatic
Major
848
Rep
1,248
Posts

Drives: Future X3M
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 340iRN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wifesnewbmw View Post
Thanks for checking again about the ordering guides! Seems like dealers dare kept in the dark. On the subject of wheels: Always personal taste - style and size. When it comes to choosing size - testosterone always says the bigger the better.
I like the 21" 765 over the 892. I thought about 892 but my reason is probably more practical - detailing. After washing the car, those wheels are like a honeycomb for water to spray all over the car as soon as you're done polishing up the car with all those nooks and crannies as you drive down the road…. unless you have an air compressor which I can't have at the moment due to where I live. As for a quick wipe down? Hell no. It'll be a chore every time to clean even brake dust off.

I also think they look a little awkward on an SAV compared to the sedan/coupe platforms but that's subjective.
I had a very similar design in a previous M3 competition. I liked it, but want something that deviates from that. Just to keep things interesting!

And you are right, they were really hard to clean!

Thanks for the input
Appreciate 1
X3MCRN151.50
      07-13-2021, 08:12 AM   #253
f82fanatic
Major
848
Rep
1,248
Posts

Drives: Future X3M
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (0)

Is there a benefit that you can think of from the performance standpoint (anything aside from looks!) from having a '21 vs a '20?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2021, 10:20 AM   #254
X3MCRN
Second Lieutenant
X3MCRN's Avatar
United_States
152
Rep
253
Posts

Drives: 2022 X3MC
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Mechanicville, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by f82fanatic View Post
Is there a benefit that you can think of from the performance standpoint (anything aside from looks!) from having a '21 vs a '20?
I read that the 892 saves a few pounds per wheel for those that appeals to
__________________
2013 328i
2018 340i
2022 X3M Competition
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2021, 10:34 AM   #255
danniexi
Brigadier General
danniexi's Avatar
No_Country
2420
Rep
4,078
Posts

Drives: 2022 F97 X3M Comp LCI
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NJ/NY

iTrader: (15)

Garage List
has anyone heard the difference between the base stereo system vs harmon kardon?

i totally forgot about the amp shortage and realized that the 2022 models will most likely only get the base hi-fi sound system with no harmon kardon upgrade whatsoever.

im not an audiophile by any means but this is disappointing me even further.
__________________
BMW MY22 F97 X3MC LCI - CURRENT BUILD THREAD
BMW MY16 F80 M3 - GONE
BMW MY08 E92 335XI - GONE
BMW MY06 E46 325XI - GONE
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2021, 02:24 PM   #256
JP30
Private First Class
JP30's Avatar
58
Rep
135
Posts

Drives: '21 X3M Comp
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Do we have a count on how many BG yet? lol

Disappointing about laser lights not being available.
HK is really quite poor honestly, I can't imagine what the base system is like
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2021, 03:25 PM   #257
f82fanatic
Major
848
Rep
1,248
Posts

Drives: Future X3M
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP30 View Post
Do we have a count on how many BG yet? lol

Disappointing about laser lights not being available.
HK is really quite poor honestly, I can't imagine what the base system is like
There are like 5 or 6 people on this thread with BG. There was one person that switched it to São Paulo Yellow. And the other color is Marina Bay Blue, which is mine.

Looks like BG will be the most popular color!

And yes, the HK is surprisingly bad. I had one in my last M3. Not sure how much worse it can get with the Hi-Fi though.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2021, 04:00 PM   #258
evo-mike
Lieutenant
641
Rep
597
Posts

Drives: 2020 X3M, 2016 435i M-Sport
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: GA

iTrader: (0)

All US x3ms had HK standard so not really a comparison. When I get an x3 loaner that stock stereo is noticeably worse. As far as HK performance you need to adjust the equalizer in the settings and then it's reasonably ok, not great but not bad either.

As far as 20s vs 21s, 20s will have slightly better ride comfort, less traction due to slightly more narrow tires and slightly more body roll. 21s will be the inverse. Slightly better traction and less body roll with worse ride comfort.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2021, 05:14 PM   #259
f82fanatic
Major
848
Rep
1,248
Posts

Drives: Future X3M
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo-mike View Post
All US x3ms had HK standard so not really a comparison. When I get an x3 loaner that stock stereo is noticeably worse. As far as HK performance you need to adjust the equalizer in the settings and then it's reasonably ok, not great but not bad either.

As far as 20s vs 21s, 20s will have slightly better ride comfort, less traction due to slightly more narrow tires and slightly more body roll. 21s will be the inverse. Slightly better traction and less body roll with worse ride comfort.
I'm no audiophile and I can live with it, but I was very surprised when I bought my M3 at how mediocre it was. But you are right. It's not awfully bad, it's mediocre, even when equalized. The problem is expectations. After driving the car for 5 days you get used to it and just live with it without a problem.


Also, thanks for the comments on the wheels!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2021, 06:46 PM   #260
RSASupra
New Member
United_States
6
Rep
16
Posts

Drives: 2019 X3M40i, 2022 X3M Comp…
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Southern California

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I was able to change to the mobility kit and 892M wheels.

PS: The online tool doesn’t really capture the Brooklyn Grey well.
Attached Images
  

Last edited by RSASupra; 07-13-2021 at 06:51 PM..
Appreciate 1
      07-14-2021, 09:04 AM   #261
f82fanatic
Major
848
Rep
1,248
Posts

Drives: Future X3M
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo-mike View Post
All US x3ms had HK standard so not really a comparison. When I get an x3 loaner that stock stereo is noticeably worse. As far as HK performance you need to adjust the equalizer in the settings and then it's reasonably ok, not great but not bad either.

As far as 20s vs 21s, 20s will have slightly better ride comfort, less traction due to slightly more narrow tires and slightly more body roll. 21s will be the inverse. Slightly better traction and less body roll with worse ride comfort.
I couldn't resist… had to add these wheels (765M). They look much better than the standard ones (764M)

Thanks for the input everyone!

FYI. I can confirm that without competition package, you cannot add 892M wheels.

Funnily enough, the ordering guide incorrectly specifies that 765M can only be added with ZCP (Competition Package), when in reality 892M wheels are those that cannot be added without ZCP.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 09:11 AM   #262
taxibummin
Private
9
Rep
56
Posts

Drives: 2022 X3MC BGM & Sakhir
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Add me to the list of Brooklyn Grey/Sakhir Orange X3M Comps.

Dealer took my deposit and has my build in their order bank.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 09:12 AM   #263
RSASupra
New Member
United_States
6
Rep
16
Posts

Drives: 2019 X3M40i, 2022 X3M Comp…
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Southern California

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by f82fanatic View Post
I couldn't resist… had to add these wheels (765M). They look much better than the standard ones (764M)

Thanks for the input everyone!

FYI. I can confirm that without competition package, you cannot add 892M wheels.

Funnily enough, the ordering guide incorrectly specifies that 765M can only be added with ZCP (Competition Package), when in reality 892M wheels are those that cannot be added without ZCP.
The 765M do look great.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 09:23 AM   #264
danniexi
Brigadier General
danniexi's Avatar
No_Country
2420
Rep
4,078
Posts

Drives: 2022 F97 X3M Comp LCI
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NJ/NY

iTrader: (15)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSASupra View Post
I was able to change to the mobility kit and 892M wheels.
you’ve got to be kidding me…

build that my CA confirmed for me

__________________
BMW MY22 F97 X3MC LCI - CURRENT BUILD THREAD
BMW MY16 F80 M3 - GONE
BMW MY08 E92 335XI - GONE
BMW MY06 E46 325XI - GONE
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST