BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-18-2020, 02:43 PM   #45
Shmuffalo
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBell91 View Post
Scheduled to drop mine off Monday morning to have the paint work completed and everything fixed. Will update once it’s finished. Hopefully they give me a decent loaner since I’m sure it’ll take a week or so.
That quickly? That’s awesome. I’m sure they’ll give you a loaner, I’ve had nothing but good experience with them. They gave me a x3 m40 (i think that’s the model, I may have just tested it, or they gave me an x5 of some sort with new idrive and then the 2020 228 grand coupe. You can call ahead an ensure a loaner is available, and its necessary for work. Either way, each of two were practically new.

Last edited by Shmuffalo; 06-18-2020 at 02:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 03:10 PM   #46
Thewolfbmw
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 Competition (G80)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmuffalo View Post
Quote:
I will definitely let you know what happens. They are supposed to be sending it to my requested body shop to have the work completed. But, we don't know how long the repair will take. Depending how long it takes, I will be calling BMW for some sort of payment assistance or something. I'm still currently waiting on my service advisor to give me an update and the OK from BMW.
Just dropped mine off at the dealership- for pictures they're sending the pics to BMW. The shitty thing is the front lip is basically the entire bumper. I also noticed chips in the below the back bumper, which might be attributed to rocks, but i figured document all. It's just odd it's only effecting Donnington Grey, from what I've seen.

Production is December 2019 per the car's manufacturing sticker (how are you guys finding the specific date, I only see month). Checking the VIN, I see a sales date, but that's not my sales date.
Go to mdecoder.com. Put the last 7 of your VIN.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 04:33 PM   #47
Shmuffalo
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Thanks! December 3, 2019 production
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 09:58 PM   #48
sd306
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd306 View Post
Ah crap, I'll check my donington grey x4m tomorrow. Mine's been garaged in Texas weather only. Sunny, dry, and hot. Maybe in rain once.
2020 X4M - Donington Grey
Nov 19 Build Date

I didn't find any paint issues, but found some lovely smudges inside the headlights..
Attached Images

06-19-2020, 05:59 AM   #49
AMTUP1991
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd306 View Post
2020 X4M - Donington Grey
Nov 19 Build Date

I didn't find any paint issues, but found some lovely smudges inside the headlights..
Funny you should post this bc I literally have this SAME issue and when I asked I was told there was nothing they could do about it. But to me, it’s something that should also be addressed.
Appreciate 1
dds007411.00
      06-19-2020, 10:03 AM   #50
RedX3MC
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toronto Red X3 M Competition

Went to pick up my X3 yesterday from the dealership and the paint job looked like a toddler did it outside standing by a highway. Runs in the paint as well as trash. Also swirl marked up the gloss black piece underneath the spoiler. Defiantly amateur hour at the dealership. This Wednesday was two weeks since they have had my car.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 11:12 PM   #51
RR-NYC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedX3MC View Post
I have the same issue as well. The rear spoiler on mine has started to peel and flake off where it meets the glass, and on both corners of the spoiler. It is currently at the dealership getting the spoiler repainted under warranty. The service manager had to contact BMW for approval. Wednesday will make two weeks they have had the vehicle. I've also had issues with the bottom trim on the doors being misaligned, Driver side mirror had a visual defect, and Competition badge coming off tailgate. This is my first brand new BMW and I'm not to impressed to say the least.
Which door trim is misaligned?
I noticed the drivers door trim stuck out more than the rear (didn't line up) Upon further inspection, it wasn't the trim but the door. It doesn't help that the lower door trim on all four doors were loose.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2020, 07:45 AM   #52
smithf80
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedX3MC View Post
Went to pick up my X3 yesterday from the dealership and the paint job looked like a toddler did it outside standing by a highway. Runs in the paint as well as trash. Also swirl marked up the gloss black piece underneath the spoiler. Defiantly amateur hour at the dealership. This Wednesday was two weeks since they have had my car.
Document the condition, take it to a body shop you trust, have them document the condition and have them fix it, send the bill to the dealer.
      06-21-2020, 12:06 AM   #53
sd306
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 40i

Quote:
Funny you should post this bc I literally have this SAME issue and when I asked I was told there was nothing they could do about it. But to me, it’s something that should also be addressed.
They should replace the whole thing, they can do that but I bet they don't want to.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 05:34 PM   #54
ivansis
Rep
Drives: X3MC

No paint pealing so far but i'll be looking for it more closely.

Found some damage on front bumper. I'll be showing it to the dealer at my first service. it looks like something pushed the bumper from the inside. Detailer could have screwed this one up but i can't imagine how. When i was collecting my car i wasn't checking things thoroughly (my fault) and i'm sure they will claim the damage came from me.

Also i got some wrinkle on a door. i guess the cow was not that young and pretty

Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 07:18 AM   #55
AMTUP1991
Enlisted Member
Rep

Just dropped mine off for the paint to be repaired/repainted. We’ll see how long it takes and how it comes out. If it’s not like new I won’t be taking delivery. They also wanted to go ahead and do my first full service on it. Something about since I’m part of the pull ahead program or whatever and my car says it’s due in 4 months.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 06:53 AM   #56
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

No paint peeling, but the drivers side indicator lens in the wing mirror is cracked in several places but inside not from hitting something on the outside if you run your nail across it is smooth yet it's all cracked, that's going to be fun trying to get the dealer to replace.

Also got 1/2 inch of thread sticking up on the dash roll top from the stitching right in the drivers line of sight, which I keep forgetting about but it's been there since I took delivery.

Some of the paint issues on the thread are dire they need to sort the QC in that factory.
      07-13-2020, 05:54 PM   #57
Shmuffalo
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Update if anyone is having issues. Just heard from my BMW dealership this morning, and they're repairing the paint peeling from the bumper lip, just waiting on them to let me know when to bring it in and they'll have a loaner ready.

Oh, also noticed the tow hatch fell off again yesterday (no clue where it fell off, didn't drive it that much). The dealership applied an adhesive last time, so they're replacing that as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2020, 05:33 AM   #58
AMTUP1991
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmuffalo View Post
Update if anyone is having issues. Just heard from my BMW dealership this morning, and they're repairing the paint peeling from the bumper lip, just waiting on them to let me know when to bring it in and they'll have a loaner ready.

Oh, also noticed the tow hatch fell off again yesterday (no clue where it fell off, didn't drive it that much). The dealership applied an adhesive last time, so they're replacing that as well.
I got my car back. I have to clean the car up this morning to see how it looks. So far it looks really good. I gave them a recommendation for who I wanted to use for the paint work so that I could keep an eye on it. Honestly, they got the paint match perfect. The only slight thing is they sanded slightly too hard on the spoiler so you can see fine lines if you really look in the sun. It’s a lease so not too worried about it as it’s barely noticeable.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2020, 02:50 PM   #59
Shmuffalo
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I got my car back. I have to clean the car up this morning to see how it looks. So far it looks really good. I gave them a recommendation for who I wanted to use for the paint work so that I could keep an eye on it. Honestly, they got the paint match perfect. The only slight thing is they sanded slightly too hard on the spoiler so you can see fine lines if you really look in the sun. It’s a lease so not too worried about it as it’s barely noticeable.
I don’t know what theyre doing... I think replacing the part is far more costly, but no clue how they’re going repaint in my spot, the chip is in such weird spot
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2020, 07:24 PM   #60
c64me
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3, BMW X3M

Have a Donnington X3M with paint peeling on the rear exhaust surround behind the rear wheel. My local dealer is telling me they are denying a warranty claim. Anyone have any contact information for BMWNA for escalation?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2020, 07:37 PM   #61
pluckydks
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 M3 ZCP, 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by c64me View Post
Have a Donnington X3M with paint peeling on the rear exhaust surround behind the rear wheel. My local dealer is telling me they are denying a warranty claim. Anyone have any contact information for BMWNA for escalation?
When you type "BMW NA" into the Google machine, the first link is to...BMW NA itself. Before you even click that, a couple lines below is "Contact Us".

https://www.bmwusa.com/contact-us.html
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2020, 07:39 PM   #62
c64me
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3, BMW X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluckydks View Post
When you type "BMW NA" into the Google machine, the first link is to...BMW NA itself. Before you even click that, a couple lines below is "Contact Us".

https://www.bmwusa.com/contact-us.html
Thank you. I was under the impression that this forum was for an exchange of valuable information rather than snippy responses. Apparently, I was mistaken.

I was more interested in learning whether any forum member had interacted with a specific individual at BMWNA on this particular issue to achieve a resolution.

Aside from the "helpful" advice I received from this forum, I spoke with BMWNA who seemed to deem this as a cosmetic issue that they were not inclined to cover under warranty. However, after speaking with my sales representative at my local BMW dealer, they are covering the repair in its entirety. I am scheduled to drop the car on Tuesday for repaint.

In the event I can offer a forum member any valuable assistance with this issue, I am happy to do so.
Appreciate 1
elisiX687.00
      07-18-2020, 06:19 PM   #63
Shmuffalo
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by c64me View Post
Thank you. I was under the impression that this forum was for an exchange of valuable information rather than snippy responses. Apparently, I was mistaken.

I was more interested in learning whether any forum member had interacted with a specific individual at BMWNA on this particular issue to achieve a resolution.

Aside from the "helpful" advice I received from this forum, I spoke with BMWNA who seemed to deem this as a cosmetic issue that they were not inclined to cover under warranty. However, after speaking with my sales representative at my local BMW dealer, they are covering the repair in its entirety. I am scheduled to drop the car on Tuesday for repaint.

In the event I can offer a forum member any valuable assistance with this issue, I am happy to do so.
I didn’t take the post as snippy, not many of us have a direct BMW Corporate contact. I think most of the thread pointed to going to your dealer. It took a little while to receive approval... I had a rather strange paint issue with the front lip, but otherwise, haven’t seen it denied bringing it to your dealer.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2020, 11:54 PM   #64
AlpineWhite_SJ
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP, 2020 F97 X3MC

I keep checking when doing washes but so far no issues, other than a rock chip on the hood after a decent road trip.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2020, 05:14 PM   #65
Skibof
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X3M

X3M X4M Paint Peeling

These are all dealer repaints from shipping damage. Factory would never let them out like this.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 07:42 PM   #66
AMTUP1991
Enlisted Member
Rep

So, I hate to inform that after my paint repair, my spoiler is beginning to peel.... again. Not sure yet how I’m going to handle this.
Appreciate 0