BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
XBimmers | BMW X3 Forum BMW X3 and X4 Forums | F25 (2011 - 2017) | F26 (2014 - Current) Second Generation BMW X3 (F25) General Forum 2017 Model Year F25 BMW X3 Changes, Ordering Guide, and Pricing Guide

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-14-2016, 02:28 AM   #45
honeybadgerch
Private
honeybadgerch's Avatar
Switzerland
10
Rep
67
Posts

Drives: 2016 X3 2.0d xline
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Interlaken

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashnbrn5 View Post
It looks like a cleaner version of the new x5 tail lights. A redesign is an understatement.
Just to be clear, the pic you posted is not the G01, just the 2017 MY update?

Those tails look stunning, about time they got it up to snuff.

Edit: Are you sure that isn't an X1?

Last edited by honeybadgerch; 06-14-2016 at 02:47 AM.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2016, 05:40 AM   #46
Harroldv
Private First Class
Belgium
30
Rep
112
Posts

Drives: F36 420xd Gran Coupe 2014
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Loppem

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashnbrn5
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybadgerch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashnbrn5 View Post
I recently saw the 2017 X3 on the highway at night cruising, and BMW did a really good job with the tail lights. Big difference compared with the "old".
Do the "tubes" look more "glowy" or is it a redesign? And yes those are technical terminology
It looks like a cleaner version of the new x5 tail lights. A redesign is an understatement.
That's an X1

Doubt they will change headlights or taillights for 2016/2017 as new model will be released soon
Appreciate 1
      06-14-2016, 06:43 AM   #47
honeybadgerch
Private
honeybadgerch's Avatar
Switzerland
10
Rep
67
Posts

Drives: 2016 X3 2.0d xline
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Interlaken

iTrader: (0)

I looked at that post before having my morning coffee, walked to the kitchen, made a coffee, and then it came to me. I hang my head for not having spotted it immediately
Appreciate 1
      06-14-2016, 08:05 AM   #48
Harroldv
Private First Class
Belgium
30
Rep
112
Posts

Drives: F36 420xd Gran Coupe 2014
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Loppem

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybadgerch
I looked at that post before having my morning coffee, walked to the kitchen, made a coffee, and then it came to me. I hang my head for not having spotted it immediately
How's the wait going? Mine is another three weeks out i think.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2016, 01:32 PM   #49
honeybadgerch
Private
honeybadgerch's Avatar
Switzerland
10
Rep
67
Posts

Drives: 2016 X3 2.0d xline
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Interlaken

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harroldv View Post
How's the wait going? Mine is another three weeks out i think.
Man I envy you... be sure to post some pics of the new X3 when she arrives! Can't wait to check out your setup.

As for mine, expected delivery beginning of September... Imagine that, I ordered it in the last week of March!! Oh well time flies during the summer, so at least there's that.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2016, 06:18 PM   #50
Harroldv
Private First Class
Belgium
30
Rep
112
Posts

Drives: F36 420xd Gran Coupe 2014
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Loppem

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybadgerch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harroldv View Post
How's the wait going? Mine is another three weeks out i think.
Man I envy you... be sure to post some pics of the new X3 when she arrives! Can't wait to check out your setup.

As for mine, expected delivery beginning of September... Imagine that, I ordered it in the last week of March!! Oh well time flies during the summer, so at least there's that.
It's anX3 35d M sport, carbon black and Oyster, with all the bells and whistles
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2016, 06:38 PM   #51
Crashnbrn5
Banned
United_States
304
Rep
1,252
Posts

Drives: 2016 335i GT M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harroldv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashnbrn5
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybadgerch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashnbrn5 View Post
I recently saw the 2017 X3 on the highway at night cruising, and BMW did a really good job with the tail lights. Big difference compared with the "old".
Do the "tubes" look more "glowy" or is it a redesign? And yes those are technical terminology
It looks like a cleaner version of the new x5 tail lights. A redesign is an understatement.
That's an X1

Doubt they will change headlights or taillights for 2016/2017 as new model will be released soon
I really could have sworn I read the badge "X3" as the vehicle passed me on my right. I dunno. You can for sure be right.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2016, 01:32 PM   #52
honeybadgerch
Private
honeybadgerch's Avatar
Switzerland
10
Rep
67
Posts

Drives: 2016 X3 2.0d xline
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Interlaken

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harroldv View Post
How's the wait going? Mine is another three weeks out i think.
Dealership called, came in early (really early). Picking it up tomorrow!

What about you? Yours should be arriving any day now, no?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2016, 01:46 PM   #53
Harroldv
Private First Class
Belgium
30
Rep
112
Posts

Drives: F36 420xd Gran Coupe 2014
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Loppem

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybadgerch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harroldv View Post
How's the wait going? Mine is another three weeks out i think.
Dealership called, came in early (really early). Picking it up tomorrow!

What about you? Yours should be arriving any day now, no?
That's very early indeed!! Great start of the summer for you! Congrats!

Mine should be coming in as well in the next week or so.

What spec did you order?
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2016, 10:51 AM   #54
Harroldv
Private First Class
Belgium
30
Rep
112
Posts

Drives: F36 420xd Gran Coupe 2014
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Loppem

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybadgerch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harroldv View Post
How's the wait going? Mine is another three weeks out i think.
Dealership called, came in early (really early). Picking it up tomorrow!

What about you? Yours should be arriving any day now, no?
Did you already pick up your new X3?

Mine arrived at the dealer on Friday. Probably looking to pick it up on Saturday
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2016, 03:12 PM   #55
honeybadgerch
Private
honeybadgerch's Avatar
Switzerland
10
Rep
67
Posts

Drives: 2016 X3 2.0d xline
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Interlaken

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harroldv View Post
Did you already pick up your new X3?

Mine arrived at the dealer on Friday. Probably looking to pick it up on Saturday
Got er' on Friday! Haven't had much time to play with it, here's a few pics

It has the new iDrive system too! It's awesome, the tile start screen and a totally new layout. It's snappier and easier to figure out than the old one. Hopefully yours has it too!

Edit: How the heck do you upload pics?!

Last edited by honeybadgerch; 07-04-2016 at 03:26 PM.
Appreciate 1
      07-30-2016, 11:57 AM   #56
CESIUM
Private First Class
3
Rep
115
Posts

Drives: 2013 X3 35i Msport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybadgerch View Post
Got er' on Friday! Haven't had much time to play with it, here's a few pics

It has the new iDrive system too! It's awesome, the tile start screen and a totally new layout. It's snappier and easier to figure out than the old one. Hopefully yours has it too!

Edit: How the heck do you upload pics?!
Would love to see some pictures... and a bit of an update. Mine arrives in a month, not a ton of info out there for the 2017 x3.

Throw your pics up on photo bucket then link to them, they just need to be hosted somewhere.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2016, 03:18 PM   #57
CESIUM
Private First Class
3
Rep
115
Posts

Drives: 2013 X3 35i Msport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harroldv View Post
Did you already pick up your new X3?

Mine arrived at the dealer on Friday. Probably looking to pick it up on Saturday

Are those updates everywhere? Or are they just for EU? I really home mine being built now gets that steering wheel! I know I get the iDrive, and am excited for that. Send some pics!
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2016, 03:47 PM   #58
Harroldv
Private First Class
Belgium
30
Rep
112
Posts

Drives: F36 420xd Gran Coupe 2014
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Loppem

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESIUM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harroldv View Post
Did you already pick up your new X3?

Mine arrived at the dealer on Friday. Probably looking to pick it up on Saturday

Are those updates everywhere? Or are they just for EU? I really home mine being built now gets that steering wheel! I know I get the iDrive, and am excited for that. Send some pics!
Those updates should be everywhere for newly build X3's since April 2016.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2016, 04:48 PM   #59
CESIUM
Private First Class
3
Rep
115
Posts

Drives: 2013 X3 35i Msport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harroldv View Post
Those updates should be everywhere for newly build X3's since April 2016.
awesome, thank you!

They didn't show on the BMW build and price page (Canada) which was why I asked... This is going to be a long month!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2016, 04:45 AM   #60
Harroldv
Private First Class
Belgium
30
Rep
112
Posts

Drives: F36 420xd Gran Coupe 2014
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Loppem

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESIUM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harroldv View Post
Those updates should be everywhere for newly build X3's since April 2016.
awesome, thank you!

They didn't show on the BMW build and price page (Canada) which was why I asked... This is going to be a long month!
What is your build spec?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2016, 08:09 AM   #61
CESIUM
Private First Class
3
Rep
115
Posts

Drives: 2013 X3 35i Msport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harroldv View Post
What is your build spec?
Can I find that without a VIN?

I ordered it on 07/20/16
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2016, 08:38 AM   #62
Harroldv
Private First Class
Belgium
30
Rep
112
Posts

Drives: F36 420xd Gran Coupe 2014
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Loppem

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESIUM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harroldv View Post
What is your build spec?
Can I find that without a VIN?

I ordered it on 07/20/16
If you ordered m sport than steering wheel is the new m sport steering wheel.

Idrive5 is on all new ordered X3's.

If you know the line (m sport/basic/xline) colour exterior/interior and what packages then you'll know the broad lines.

Mine is a M sport, carbon black/ oyster nevada leather, nav pro, led headlights, pano roof, tinted rear windows, wireless charging and wifi hotspot preparation, hud, fineline anthrazit wood
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2016, 09:59 AM   #63
honeybadgerch
Private
honeybadgerch's Avatar
Switzerland
10
Rep
67
Posts

Drives: 2016 X3 2.0d xline
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Interlaken

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESIUM View Post
Are those updates everywhere? Or are they just for EU? I really home mine being built now gets that steering wheel! I know I get the iDrive, and am excited for that. Send some pics!
I'll try to take a couple of pics this week for you. The new iDrive is really great improvement
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2016, 11:26 AM   #64
CESIUM
Private First Class
3
Rep
115
Posts

Drives: 2013 X3 35i Msport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harroldv View Post
If you ordered m sport than steering wheel is the new m sport steering wheel.

Idrive5 is on all new ordered X3's.

If you know the line (m sport/basic/xline) colour exterior/interior and what packages then you'll know the broad lines.

Mine is a M sport, carbon black/ oyster nevada leather, nav pro, led headlights, pano roof, tinted rear windows, wireless charging and wifi hotspot preparation, hud, fineline anthrazit wood
Yes I ordered: M sport, carbon black / oyster nevada, Premium Enhanced, Fineline antracite, Drive assistant plus.

I didn't get the LED headlights and am second guessing that a little bit. Also didn't get the wireless charging... but overall pretty similar.

Question, without the LED headlight package, will I still be rid of the hideous orange turn signals on the front that I have in my 2013 x3?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2016, 12:45 PM   #65
Harroldv
Private First Class
Belgium
30
Rep
112
Posts

Drives: F36 420xd Gran Coupe 2014
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Loppem

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESIUM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harroldv View Post
If you ordered m sport than steering wheel is the new m sport steering wheel.

Idrive5 is on all new ordered X3's.

If you know the line (m sport/basic/xline) colour exterior/interior and what packages then you'll know the broad lines.

Mine is a M sport, carbon black/ oyster nevada leather, nav pro, led headlights, pano roof, tinted rear windows, wireless charging and wifi hotspot preparation, hud, fineline anthrazit wood
Yes I ordered: M sport, carbon black / oyster nevada, Premium Enhanced, Fineline antracite, Drive assistant plus.

I didn't get the LED headlights and am second guessing that a little bit. Also didn't get the wireless charging... but overall pretty similar.

Question, without the LED headlight package, will I still be rid of the hideous orange turn signals on the front that I have in my 2013 x3?
Basically almost same spec as mine! Good choice!

With the Xenons you have the blinking lights on the side, with the LED's you have them on top in a line-like light. Looks much butter and i'm extremely happy with the LEDs!
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2016, 05:16 PM   #66
CESIUM
Private First Class
3
Rep
115
Posts

Drives: 2013 X3 35i Msport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ontario

iTrader: (0)

I love it man, looks amazing. This just got me EVEN more excited.
Thanks for the pic!

Now I'm confused about the lights. So mine will be clear, no orange, but they will blink on side and not in line? I just don't want the orange
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:44 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST