BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-27-2023, 11:59 AM   #67
TacosRule!
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundelM3 View Post
The March 2023 software update blocked coding out the Auto Start/Stop feature itself and also the "memory" option for that feature. Apparently, it now requires some sort of server connection (likely via the G-1 system at a dealership) to do that. The work-around is to use iDrive to set up "Sport Individual" mode to all "Comfort" settings. Otherwise, you have to push the button next to the Start button on the console EVERY time you start the car. Aggravating!

You're not the first or second person to say that. And it makes sense because I am having one hell of a time trying to get not only start-stop, but others to stick using protool. I got 03.2023 installed back in january through the dealer when they replaced HUH and some other stuff.

Last edited by TacosRule!; 06-27-2023 at 12:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2023, 12:01 PM   #68
TacosRule!
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by shag View Post
I coded Traffic Light Detection on my G05 with 5AU. I had to change the country bitmaps to allow the feature to work in any country (FF,FF,FF, etc). It can be an annoyance when using assisted driving as it won’t stop at the right position, and can lead to unwanted DA Pro behaviour. This is why most coders don’t share the full recipe… Beware!

I remember that trying to code stop sign recognition (might be GWW?) required a FSC.

Please don’t ask me how to code this; it was a while ago and I’d have to dig out my old coding values. One thing’s for sure - BimmerCode can’t do it. You need E-Sys.

I’m going back to a G01 soon (missed the M40i too much) so I may look into this again.

I use assisted driving all the time, so if this is the case it will stay disabled. I'll talk to protool support and maybe bimmer.ca and see what they say. And yes you need the FSC for

AppID 335(0x14F) - HIGH CCM - Citiy Collision Mitigation
AppID 429(0x1AD) - HIGH VFW - Visual Front Warning - (VFW GiveWayWarner)
AppID 336(0x150) - HIGH WWA - Wrong Way Assist (High Assist Premium)

which are not available in CONUS, so its no go.
Appreciate 0