BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-08-2021, 11:08 AM   #1
Nauset Light
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3

Garage List
Dealer discounts and incentives

Hi, I'm currently negotiating on a 2022 X3 M40I. What are the current incentives? The biggest dealer discount so far is only 4% off msrp. Still trying to find out about incentives. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2021, 12:14 PM   #2
Chevyguy2021
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi A3 Sline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nauset Light View Post
Hi, I'm currently negotiating on a 2022 X3 M40I. What are the current incentives? The biggest dealer discount so far is only 4% off msrp. Still trying to find out about incentives. Thanks in advance.
Quote:
I don't think their are any currently. I was not able to get any discount off a 2022 order. 4% seems decent
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2021, 12:28 PM   #3
DenverSteve
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW

Check with your dealership or BMW.com and they list any available. About the best I've seen currently is a combined max of about $4000 off list. There are no cars and few coming. Buy what you can find, as quick as you can, and enjoy it.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2021, 02:32 PM   #4
f82fanatic
Major
Rep
Drives: iX

No incentives right now for 2022 except for those personal ones: graduate, O/Ls, Penfed, loyalty, etc.

Hire a broker. They have the best prices available. Right now, an M40i to order will be around 5-6% off MSRP before any incentives you qualify for. In my opinion, well worth the 400-500 they charge.

They've gotten a little worse since last month.
Appreciate 2
X3MCRN175.50
      08-08-2021, 05:19 PM   #5
Derek.H
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Porsche Cayenne

I was able to get 4K off msrp on my order with a broker but a dealership message me saying they might able to get me 8% off msrp but require me to go in and talk to them
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2021, 05:29 PM   #6
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek.H View Post
I was able to get 4K off msrp on my order with a broker but a dealership message me saying they might able to get me 8% off msrp but require me to go in and talk to them
Do not do that. It's Bs. Tell them you are out of state on a trip. Need to sign over email and will go by in a week or so.

Why would they need you to show up in person?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2021, 05:59 PM   #7
rodo94
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC Carbon Black

dealer said no discount on M models, idk if M40i is included.
BS or not?
Folks say 7% is 'easy' to get, what model?
Appreciate 1
      08-08-2021, 06:12 PM   #8
Alias1431
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

Discounts can always be had. A broker will do the legwork for you. If you are willing to do the legwork, don't hire a broker, do it yourself. If you are not willing to do the legwork, hire a broker.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2021, 08:51 PM   #9
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias1431 View Post
Discounts can always be had. A broker will do the legwork for you. If you are willing to do the legwork, don't hire a broker, do it yourself. If you are not willing to do the legwork, hire a broker.
I've done it both ways. It's a lot of work, but It's fun to do it on your own.

if you have some free time, go for it. You'll get the dumbest excuses and craziest convos, but in the end you'll get a deal, of that I'm sure. It's fun.

If you don't want to spend the time and limit headaches, go with a broker.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2021, 08:59 PM   #10
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodo94 View Post
dealer said no discount on M models, idk if M40i is included.
BS or not?
Folks say 7% is 'easy' to get, what model?
Maybe he doesn't do discounts and it's not BS. It's dealer dependent. The negotiation strategy is known as "fishing for fools." He rather wait for someone that will pay full price than deal.

If you make 5-6 calls to dealers in different places for sure you'll get a discount. Maybe your market sucks, that's why you need to play around with the areas.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2021, 09:24 AM   #11
DenverBMW
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 230i, 1997 E36 M3

i can not say for the USA but in Canada there is never any incentives on the new model year. You will only find incentives to clear out the older model year.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2021, 10:05 AM   #12
zukmeister
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3 M40i

What I've found out is that people always way over exaggerate what deal that got. Many also don't know know what out the door price means. I would venture to say that 8 out of 10 on here are full of shit... probably 9. I do sales for living (not car sales) and in my dealings with general public many of them lack any kind of negotiation skills and to claim that all these people are getting these massive discounts is just nonsense.

Agree to a deal that works for you and never look again. Don't look at these threads as you're bound to be disappointed or angered by someone who claims they got something that they likely didn't. All I can tell you is don't be a sheep and buy a car solely on what the monthly payment will be because this is one sure way to get cucked.
Appreciate 2
      08-09-2021, 10:35 AM   #13
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukmeister View Post
What I've found out is that people always way over exaggerate what deal that got. Many also don't know know what out the door price means. I would venture to say that 8 out of 10 on here are full of shit... probably 9. I do sales for living (not car sales) and in my dealings with general public many of them lack any kind of negotiation skills and to claim that all these people are getting these massive discounts is just nonsense.

Agree to a deal that works for you and never look again. Don't look at these threads as you're bound to be disappointed or angered by someone who claims they got something that they likely didn't. All I can tell you is don't be a sheep and buy a car solely on what the monthly payment will be because this is one sure way to get cucked.
Agreed on never ever negotiating over monthly payment. They will try to take you there. Resist the urge to throw a price. Negotiate inputs and give them the number that your model throws to know how much you should be paying.

Absolutely not true that most people are not getting deals. You need to look in different markets. This will obviously increase certain costs for you (shipping, notary services, etc) vis-à-vis buying locally. On the flip side, using a different market might benefit you in other ways. E.g.: bullshit doc fee of $900 bucks in FL for most dealers, when some states have these capped below $200, or whatever that number might be.

You need to look at the deal holistically and know what you are getting into. Only practice will let you get there. Read about leasing and the main inputs.

All in all, remember one thing, and hopefully people don't get offended here. The X3 is not a super desirable car, even for a new mode year. You can get a good discount if you search and make sure that they are not taking you for a fool. Check all numbers. Make sure they don't add additional fees to reduce the discount.

And lastly, many people here are not in the market or are simply unable to get a discount given their strategy and cannot comprehend how it happened. Patience and research, that is it.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2021, 10:42 AM   #14
abh2188
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by f82fanatic View Post
No incentives right now for 2022 except for those personal ones: graduate, O/Ls, Penfed, loyalty, etc.

Hire a broker. They have the best prices available. Right now, an M40i to order will be around 5-6% off MSRP before any incentives you qualify for. In my opinion, well worth the 400-500 they charge.

Are they doing PENFED discount? Anyone can join PENFED now, you just have to be PENFED member to get discount, right?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2021, 10:46 AM   #15
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by abh2188 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by f82fanatic View Post

Are they doing PENFED discount? Anyone can join PENFED now, you just have to be PENFED member to get discount, right?

Thanks in advance!
Yes. Need 60 days of membership before you sign the lease for PENFED to provide the offer though.

Also, bear in mind that you should negotiate all discounts over MSRP before incentives whenever posible.

It's easier for the dealerships to confuse you otherwise.
Appreciate 1
abh218830.50
      08-09-2021, 05:54 PM   #16
JayM40i
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW x7 40i

Quote:
Quote:
PM me. I'm local and might be able to help
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 12:14 AM   #17
Sandpiper
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i xDrive

I've never heard of brokers. Where and how do you find them? And does PENFED refer to Pentagon Federal Credit Union? Are they better than Costco Auto Program or any other credit unions' auto programs?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 06:41 AM   #18
zukmeister
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandpiper View Post
I've never heard of brokers. Where and how do you find them? And does PENFED refer to Pentagon Federal Credit Union? Are they better than Costco Auto Program or any other credit unions' auto programs?
There are brokers for everything. Stock brokers, food brokers, car brokers, freight brokers.

Essentially you're paying a middleman to find you something you could find yourself and they charge you a fee for it. You could do the same yourself and save money.

This is why I continue to say that people claiming on here to get these massive deals and mentioning the use of brokers in same sentence are all full of shit.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 07:16 AM   #19
suby01
Cowboy Astronaut Millionaire
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M40i

Quote:

Not if youre buying cash.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 08:21 AM   #20
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandpiper View Post
There are brokers for everything. Stock brokers, food brokers, car brokers, freight brokers.

Essentially you're paying a middleman to find you something you could find yourself and they charge you a fee for it. You could do the same yourself and save money.

This is why I continue to say that people claiming on here to get these massive deals and mentioning the use of brokers in same sentence are all full of shit.
Another naysayer that doesn't know what he is talking about.

Do you have to pay a fee? Yes.

Is it considerable and does it derail the deal? No.

It's about $400 and it saves you about 15 hours of work. He handles the shipping. And the cost is same or better than if you went direct.l to dealer. He also get you a discount for other services that the dealer offers. I don't get any of those, but some people do.

How much is an hour of one's time worth?

Did you punch in what 1% of discount equates too? In my deal a 1% discount equates to about $750 saved. Then explain to me how using a broker severely affects "getting a massive deal"

If someone tells you they got 10% off without broker fee, that is about 9.5% off net of broker fees. Got it?

Lastly, a 6, 7 or 8% off is not a massive deal. It's just a good or adequate deal.
Appreciate 1
      08-10-2021, 10:52 AM   #21
Chevyguy2021
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi A3 Sline

I got like 11% off msrp last week on a 2021. I had to find the deal though. Most dealers gave me the BS no discount to be had. Sorry. I am happy with my deal. Maybe look for a 2021
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      08-10-2021, 01:18 PM   #22
Nauset Light
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3

Garage List
In the past I usually get about 8% + incentives. Not as easy this time around.
Appreciate 0