BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-03-2024, 02:33 AM   #23
thestimp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X3MC MBB - C-17 Globemaster

Garage List
2022 X3mC  [10.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3coco View Post
Super disappointed when I found out that after June, Spotify was no longer supported on Android for idrive 6. I have a backup iPhone 7,so I downloaded Spotify and Amazon music (which is only an iPhone bmw connected app) to see if that would work better. I found that if I connected via Bluetooth, I could have both phones connected. Galaxy set to phone connectivity and iPhone set to apps and audio. It worked great, I streamed through wifi on the car and my saved songs. Unfortunately, I realized that I could not read or respond to any of my text messages, etc because the iPhone was hooked up to the apps and bmw connected. I unpaired the iPhone from Bluetooth, as I prefer being able to control my galaxy via Bluetooth and all the phone functions. I then realized that I could stream all my music through apps via USB cable on the iPhone, and all my problems were solved. I get to use all my phone functions, and I also get clear sound and the apps through the USB connection. Just thought I'd share. Sorry for the run on sentences.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roidautoidrive

we made an app years ago....
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2024, 11:14 AM   #24
thestimp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X3MC MBB - C-17 Globemaster

Garage List
2022 X3mC  [10.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lissajonees View Post
Instead of listening or downloading music on Spotify for a fee, you can choose free websites like csengohang.mobi.
This is a bot, delete this idiots account.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2024, 02:12 AM   #25
jamesselenla
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmv

It's great that you found a way to solve the problem and shared your experience. Connecting via USB is really a smart choice for controlling your phone and enjoying music in the car. Thank you for sharing!
Appreciate 0