BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-01-2019, 08:43 AM   #1
martinX32018
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Advice needed

Hello,

I need some advice from you guys.

I received my new X3 3.0i yesterday. Was really happy with it until I noticed that it didn’t has the enhanced parking assit package (bird’s eye view of the car). I requested it in my request to my sales rep but when he searched for an available vehicle, he forgot to verify that. He assured me that it was exactly as I requested. I kind of relied on him...

I am really disappointed because I am stuck for 3 years with a vehicle that doesn’t fill all my needs and expectations (I am renting it). The package has not been included in the price so I didn’t pay for it but still, really disappointing.

What do you think I should do?

Thanks

M.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2019, 08:55 AM   #2
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

I really rely on it for the small british parking spaces and roads, but I guess they're all larger in Canada, same as US? So maybe not as important there.

They are really impressive though, especially the fish eye lens modes on the front and rear cameras to see down the road at blind junctions and parking spaces.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2019, 09:35 AM   #3
martinX32018
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureModelsOnly View Post
Refuse delivery find a new one.
Yes, that would be easy if I noticed it before signing all the paperwork!
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2019, 10:01 AM   #4
MarkyM
Major
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Maybe it's confusing you/them on the terms used?, parking assistance package is rear view camera and auto parking and parking assistance plus package adds the 3D view camera system

If you have it in writing you ordered the Plus version of the package you surely have a case to reject with the dealer?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2019, 02:50 PM   #5
martinX32018
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWModel3 View Post
No offense but every time I see this kind of thing in the forums it boggles my mind that people don't take an extra minute to double check what they're actually buying before signing. Consider it an expensive lesson for next time and any other time you rely on "dependable" people.
I took the time. But I missed that one. The car was parked with the nose pointing toward the road so I didn’t show up.

The requested package as the is 5DN i have the 5DM...

My dealer acknowledged that they made a mistake but I don’t know what they will propose yet.

We’ll see if they really care about their customers
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2019, 03:00 PM   #6
MechX3M40i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i Blue/Cognac

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinX32018 View Post
Quote:
No offense but every time I see this kind of thing in the forums it boggles my mind that people don't take an extra minute to double check what they're actually buying before signing. Consider it an expensive lesson for next time and any other time you rely on "dependable" people.
I took the time. But I missed that one. The car was parked with the nose pointing toward the road so I didn't show up.

My dealer acknowledged that they made a mistake but I don't know what they will propose yet.

We'll see if they really care about their customers
Good luck, hope the dealer can do something nice to you to 'compensate' you for that. I'm not optimistic that they could retro fit the option for you, or if they would go so far as swapping cars with you. But, Freebies like cargo mat, mud guards, floor liners, or even free tire/rim insurance would be nice.

By the way, $h!t happens. Don't beat yourself up on this. 3D view is very nice, but an X3 without this option is by no means a bum car. Don't let this small stuff prevent you from enjoying the car to the fullest. You will love it!
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2019, 10:41 PM   #7
RegieX
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive30i, Tesla M3

I bet they have not submitted any paperwork to DMV yet.
It is still a new car.
I would try to return it.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2019, 04:06 AM   #8
Lux700
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d - Black Sapphire

Quote:
To be fair, there’s a lot to check on today’s highly specced prestige marques. I’d also say that there has to be a degree of trust and responsibility with the supplier.

If the option is listed on the contract/order, which is the document the dealer would have got you to sign, then there must be a responsibility with the dealer to do something about it.

A mate of mine once ordered a brand new 5 Series from Park Lane. He checked it and signed for it and it wasn’t until the salesman phoned him after a couple of weeks, as a follow-up call, to find out how he was enjoying his new car that things came to light. When asked how he was liking it, my mate told him that it felt sluggish, the salesman said that it shouldn’t feel sluggish, it’s a fairly high performance model - bring the car in and we’ll have a look at it.

Some days later, after my mate had taken his car in to be looked over, he was sat drinking a coffee in the customer waiting area when a sheepish salesman approached him and told him that he’d been given the wrong car! Turned out that they’d given him an identical colour, model, and spec (visually) to another customer. The problem is that the other customer was some sheik and the car was extensively armoured and weighed considerably heavier than the standard model. Result... two new cars had to be ordered - the armoured one was apparently VERY expensive!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2019, 08:25 AM   #9
martinX32018
Rep

Retro fitting is not an option. You will need to change too many parts.

I got an answer at the end of the day. They are willing to take the car back. I will go see them at the end of the day. I will let you know how it went.

Thank you all for your help!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2019, 08:30 AM   #10
cgroves
Exalted Tire Scorcher
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinX32018 View Post
I took the time. But I missed that one. The car was parked with the nose pointing toward the road so I didn’t show up.

My dealer acknowledged that they made a mistake but I don’t know what they will propose yet.

We’ll see if they really care about their customers
When we were putting together our orders there was lots of confusion over what 5DN was versus 5DM. One of the salespeople insisted that one of them was a better package deal since it was cheaper without realizing it was cheaper because it didn't have a lot of functionality. I don't think BMW does a good enough job of providing information to the front line sales people on what *exactly* a lot of the technology options mean.
      05-02-2019, 08:31 AM   #11
BigJake
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3M40i

Until I bought my new one, I didn't realize it didn't have this either.

I really miss having it as it helped me navigate my tight garage. Now that I haven't had it for awhile, it isn't as bad, but man I wish I had the chance to add it on.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2019, 08:41 AM   #12
cgroves
Exalted Tire Scorcher
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux700 View Post
The problem is that the other customer was some sheik and the car was extensively armoured and weighed considerably heavier than the standard model. Result... two new cars had to be ordered - the armoured one was apparently VERY expensive!
Wow, I don't remember seeing THAT on the ordering guide. Some good coffee, armour, a big bull bar and a remote turret would be perfect for getting through those tough morning commutes.
      05-02-2019, 05:29 PM   #13
Lux700
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d - Black Sapphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgroves View Post
Wow, I don't remember seeing THAT on the ordering guide. Some good coffee, armour, a big bull bar and a remote turret would be perfect for getting through those tough morning commutes.
Agree. Would be ideal optional extras for commuting around the A406 in London; in fact many other roads too...
Appreciate 0