BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-28-2020, 08:18 PM   #1
///M-Furby
Master Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 SO

Looking for Trunk Bike Rack for 2018 X3 G01

Anyone have recommendations for a trunk Bike rack (it will be for small kids bike)? I'm looking for something relatively inexpensive.

Also, any recommendations for roof mounted cargo? Again, not looking to spend an arm and a leg as I won't use it often (might be one time use).
"Boo" CPO 2006 330xi | Sold
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2020, 07:56 AM   #2
atrueb
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 G01

If you have a trailer hitch, I would suggest any model from Thule. I have a "easy fold xt 2" which I am really happy with. Once setup properly you can mount it within a minute.
Regarding the roof rack I got the BMW one as it fits perfectly onto the rails and it is not much more expense than racks from other companies, which in turn may not fit perfectly.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-29-2022, 08:20 PM   #3
Ice9
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i 2016 X5M, 2008 R8

THULE Bike rack

here's another Thule bike rack. Mounts to a standard trailer hitch (hope you ordered a factory hitch. Retro is kind of messy). It is easy to use and sound. Speaking of "sound," I heard a sound in the middle of the night that sounded like bolt cutters. can't believe I rolled over and went back to sleep. The next day, I saw that my $7000 mountain bike was f*&^%king gone!

Moral of the story, even a thick cable or chain and lock will not protect your bike. If you put on a bike rack, use it for transporting only. Store you bike inside.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-30-2022, 10:19 AM   #4
brettl
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice9 View Post
here's another Thule bike rack. Mounts to a standard trailer hitch (hope you ordered a factory hitch. Retro is kind of messy). It is easy to use and sound. Speaking of "sound," I heard a sound in the middle of the night that sounded like bolt cutters. can't believe I rolled over and went back to sleep. The next day, I saw that my $7000 mountain bike was f*&^%king gone!

Moral of the story, even a thick cable or chain and lock will not protect your bike. If you put on a bike rack, use it for transporting only. Store you bike inside.
Wow, bummer. Nothings safe anymore….
Appreciate 0