BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-24-2022, 04:02 AM   #991
spangle1980
Deadly
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d BG LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty5858 View Post
They've been ok, just communication has been shocking.

It's due end of April…. X3 M40d BG, might see you about….
This is such a tease. I ordered by 40d BG back in November when not many BG around. By the time September comes (current projection) I won't be "fresh" anymore. Every bastard car I see is grey :-/
Appreciate 2
Keefy1594.00
      03-24-2022, 04:21 AM   #992
Scotty5858
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by spangle1980 View Post
Quote:

This is such a tease. I ordered by 40d BG back in November when not many BG around. By the time September comes (current projection) I won't be "fresh" anymore. Every bastard car I see is grey :-/
I feel your pain…. I've only seen 1 but BG seems to be the colour everyone is going for…… bit like the old Nardo grey RS3's everywhere!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2022, 05:24 AM   #993
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d LCI

Quote:
I feel your pain…. I've only seen 1 but BG seems to be the colour everyone is going for…… bit like the old Nardo grey RS3's everywhere!
I've seen both X3 and X4 in GB recently. In fact that's the only colour I've seen in the wild LOL. Just so common....
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2022, 05:30 AM   #994
Scotty5858
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi66 View Post
Quote:
I've seen both X3 and X4 in GB recently. In fact that's the only colour I've seen in the wild LOL. Just so common....
We're part of the clan
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2022, 06:13 AM   #995
teresaz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 Audi A3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spangle1980 View Post
Quote:

When I test drove the X3 it was BG. I loved it almost bought it then - but when we left the dealership to consider building- it seemed every car we saw on the road was BG or whatever the make's take on it was.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2022, 09:14 AM   #996
Rain
Private First Class
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 G01 LCI 30e

I'm personally got fed up with all those delays... Order placed with deposit August 2021 (almost fully loaded 20i except Panorama & towbar). Initially was planned for December, then January 2022, then April, shortly for May and now delayed yet again for June 2022.

Not sure if I want to wait for it anymore to be fair...

Dealer offer me less loaded 30e that is available in 2 weeks for ~7k euro more (but lacking M Sport seats [have ventilated seats instead], M brakes, Harmon Kardon, interior lightening and few less significant to me extras as well as 100 liters less in trunk volume lol).

At this point not sure what will be the right move and should I get the 30e now, wait eventually for this 20i (until who knows when) or cancel my order and by used one (Premium selection).

What would you advice, guys?
      03-24-2022, 09:38 AM   #997
CFonAir
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW '22 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain View Post
I'm personally got fed up with all those delays... Order placed with deposit August 2021 (almost fully loaded 20i except Panorama & towbar). Initially was planned for December, then January 2022, then April, shortly for May and now delayed yet again for June 2022.

Dealer offer me less loaded 30e that is available in 2 weeks for ~7k euro more (but lacking M Sport seats [have ventilated seats instead], M brakes, Harmon Kardon, interior lightening and few less significant to me extras as well as 100 liters less in trunk volume lol).

At this point not sure what will be the right move and should I get the 30e now, wait eventually for this 20i (until who knows when) or cancel my order and by used one (Premium selection).

Different manufacture, but we've been in the same situation with my wife's vehicle. We ordered in August, and haven't had so much as a single update since. The dealer is, understandably, clueless.

He called last week and offered us the same model, but a dramatically stripped down version in terms of options. We declined.

Our analysis was that we're not in any particular hurry, and her current vehicle is getting the job done. I do not want to buy a lesser-equipped vehicle under pressure I'm creating for myself, and then find it's worth much less as a trade later.

If her vehicle were in a condition where we felt an upgrade was absolutely necessary, I think we'd have been a bit more thoughtful about options.
Appreciate 1
Rain39.00
      03-24-2022, 12:47 PM   #998
Pete17
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0i M Sport

Quote:

I know how you are feeling, I ordered August 2021 and told December for delivery. The car got built 24th November and went to Germany last week landed in the UK. Dealer said could have the car Friday but have gone for Sunday 27th. SA phones today we still going for Sunday but car is not with them yet should turn up today. Who knows if I will collect it Sunday or not I have my doubts.
Appreciate 1
Rain39.00
      03-24-2022, 02:18 PM   #999
mikeoz
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40d LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_340i View Post
Watch out guys - BMW seem to have logistic delays in Southampton now! Honestly you can't make this up.
My dealer has cancelled my collection on the 26th as car won't arrive at the dealership till at least the 28th.
Any idea why?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2022, 02:19 PM   #1000
mikeoz
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40d LCI

Quote:

Probably the low spec is why no one else has bought that 30e already. You may end up disappointed tbh then your stuck with a car that annoys you every day?
Appreciate 1
Rain39.00
      04-25-2022, 11:34 AM   #1001
Rain
Private First Class
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 G01 LCI 30e

After 8 months and vehicle switch, and another 1 month wait for delivery for Austria in the end I got the 30e. I can say so far I'm satisfied and can live with the few extras that disappear between the builds
Attached Images