BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-15-2022, 07:16 PM   #67
Type M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 24 M4CX On Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by beammeupscottie View Post
Sales center claims mine will arrive at the VPC Saturday night @7PM….I went from 1 day ahead to 2 weeks behind after shipping. SMH.
You are lucky! I had a Week 6 build. It left the factory on 2/9 and left Kansas City Rail Yard on 2/11. According to BMW Genius, it was estimated to arrive at my local Rail Yard in Washington state on 2/27. Just this week I was told it's now estimated to arrive on 3/21 and if I'm so lucky I may be able to take delivery that weekend. I suppose the wait is almost over and I should consider myself lucky that I had an allocation and all that. The most frustrating part for me was not necessarily the wait, but just the lack of communication. I literally had the Genius staff copy and paste the exact same response 2 weeks apart. I guess I just expect better customer service from BMW. The last vehicle I had which I was able to custom order as well was a C8 Corvette. Kudos to Chevy there because their Corvette Concierge always had detailed information and the Vette was super easy to track.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2022, 08:20 PM   #68
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 Comp BGM / Sahkir

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Type M View Post
Quote:
Sales center claims mine will arrive at the VPC Saturday night @7PM….I went from 1 day ahead to 2 weeks behind after shipping. SMH.
You are lucky! I had a Week 6 build. It left the factory on 2/9 and left Kansas City Rail Yard on 2/11. According to BMW Genius, it was estimated to arrive at my local Rail Yard in Washington state on 2/27. Just this week I was told it's now estimated to arrive on 3/21 and if I'm so lucky I may be able to take delivery that weekend. I suppose the wait is almost over and I should consider myself lucky that I had an allocation and all that. The most frustrating part for me was not necessarily the wait, but just the lack of communication. I literally had the Genius staff copy and paste the exact same response 2 weeks apart. I guess I just expect better customer service from BMW. The last vehicle I had which I was able to custom order as well was a C8 Corvette. Kudos to Chevy there because their Corvette Concierge always had detailed information and the Vette was super easy to track.
Hey I agree that their comms are horrendous! You're right, it's not the actual waiting; it's the not knowing any details of what's going on. They're clueless. We are actually spending a good amount of cash in this cash strapped market. The least they could do is to take a deep dive into their logistics and give us accurate info to ease the anxiety of waiting. It's almost patronizing what they keep repeating over and over; as to being lucky; I say they're the lucky ones to have our steady stream of business and loyalty-current sitting on a rail yard in Barstow since 10:45AM 3/10 & today is 3/15 …here's a screenshot of a genius response…
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-15-2022, 09:12 PM   #69
Type M
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Hey I agree that their comms are horrendous! You're right, it's not the actual waiting; it's the not knowing any details of what's going on. They're clueless. We are actually spending a good amount of cash in this cash strapped market. The least they could do is to take a deep dive into their logistics and give us accurate info to ease the anxiety of waiting. It's almost patronizing what they keep repeating over and over; as to being lucky; I say they're the lucky ones to have our steady stream of business and loyalty-current sitting on a rail yard in Barstow since 10:45AM 3/10 & today is 3/15 …here's a screenshot of a genius response…
Now that I see the responses you got, this just makes it more sad to think about from a customer service perspective. They literally have a template and they just change the dates. Here are my identical two replies I got. Come on BMW, you can do better...
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      03-16-2022, 12:30 AM   #70
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Now that I see the responses you got, this just makes it more sad to think about from a customer service perspective. They literally have a template and they just change the dates. Here are my identical two replies I got. Come on BMW, you can do better...
Wow identical. Template for certain. It's really not hard for them to simply call the shipping companies and ask what's up. I posted another thread where a shipper chimed in and said they're short handed and are getting slammed so I get it. BMWNA needs to step it up still and consider other means of transport. I ordered my last one and had it shipped private carrier for $1200 from NJ and that took 4.5 days to get to California on a covered carrier. It was a flawless delivery too. They should give us that option. I'd be willing to pay albeit the shipping cost shot up to $1800 at the lowest.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2022, 09:03 PM   #71
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Ok mine was on a train that broke down apparently! The train was in for maintenance for 6 days sitting on a parallel track with our cars loaded in the car racks behind it…according to Norfolk Southern smh
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2022, 07:03 PM   #72
americanaaaa
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC

Quote:
Ok mine was on a train that broke down apparently! The train was in for maintenance for 6 days sitting on a parallel track with our cars loaded in the car racks behind it…according to Norfolk Southern smh
SHITE!

I’m sure its only a few more days!
2014 BMW 650i Conv. Gone!
2011 BMW 335i Conv. Gone!
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2022, 07:06 PM   #73
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanaaaa View Post
Quote:
SHITE!

I’m sure its only a few more days!
That's what they keep saying…a few more days then you look up and it's a week later…smh. Any news on yours?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2022, 08:41 PM   #74
americanaaaa
Private
Rep

Quote:
That's what they keep saying…a few more days then you look up and it's a week later…smh. Any news on yours?
It’s supposed to arrive at San Bernardino tomorrow and them hopefully delivery next weekend. We will see!
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2022, 09:23 PM   #75
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
It’s supposed to arrive at San Bernardino tomorrow and them hopefully delivery next weekend. We will see!
Ahh; my sales advisor said mine is supposed to show up at San Bernardino tomorrow also…who gave you the heads up? And did you ever get your bill of laden?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2022, 09:32 PM   #76
americanaaaa
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's supposed to arrive at San Bernardino tomorrow and them hopefully delivery next weekend. We will see!
Ahh; my sales advisor said mine is supposed to show up at San Bernardino tomorrow also…who gave you the heads up? And did you ever get your bill of laden?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's supposed to arrive at San Bernardino tomorrow and them hopefully delivery next weekend. We will see!
No I didn't ask for the bill of lading, I just don't have the headspace to follow it that closely. I spoke to my last weekend and he said that it had left Kansas City and was due to arrive in San Bernardino on the 18th tomorrow. He said that it has been averaging 5 days from San Bernardino to the dealership. That's good enough for me right now I was build week 9, just a week later than yours

I'm really busy with other stuff that's keeping me somewhat distracted
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2022, 10:24 PM   #77
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No I didn't ask for the bill of lading, I just don't have the headspace to follow it that closely. I spoke to my last weekend and he said that it had left Kansas City and was due to arrive in San Bernardino on the 18th tomorrow. He said that it has been averaging 5 days from San Bernardino to the dealership. That's good enough for me right now I was build week 9, just a week later than yours

I'm really busy with other stuff that's keeping me somewhat distracted
Gotcha. I'm in a rental until mine arrives so everyday that goes by is costing me $$$ hope everything stays on track for you….
Appreciate 1
      03-19-2022, 08:21 PM   #78
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Left Verdemont CA less than 15 miles from the San Bernardino Hub/VPC roughly 5 hours ago according to the rail tracker…late by 12 days…finally got the rail car out of maintenance apparently; yes I'm nuts for tracking this closely
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-19-2022, 08:51 PM   #79
Type M
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Left Verdemont CA less than 15 miles from the San Bernardino Hub/VPC roughly 5 hours ago according to the rail tracker…late by 12 days…finally got the rail car out of maintenance apparently; yes I'm nuts for tracking this closely
Hoping that by this time next week, we'll both have taken delivery of our rides. Mine was a Week 6 build that finished early too....
Appreciate 1
      03-19-2022, 09:24 PM   #80
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Hoping that by this time next week, we'll both have taken delivery of our rides. Mine was a Week 6 build that finished early too....
My CA says from 1 to 5 days after VPC scan in and inspection if all is ok…we shall see; this time around has been bizarre to say the least…fingers crossed!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2022, 12:51 PM   #81
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Made it to San Bernardino hub this am….9:57AM…..hopefully almost ready to collect…fingers crossed for VPC inspection…
Appreciate 1
      03-20-2022, 04:46 PM   #82
Type M
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Made it to San Bernardino hub this am….9:57AM…..hopefully almost ready to collect…fingers crossed for VPC inspection…
Just out of curiosity, when you log into My Garage on the BMW site what does your status say? Mine had said "In Transit" this entire time, but just right now when I checked it is now "At The Port" which is technically one step back from In Transit.... LOL.... did my train go back to South Carolina with my X3M still on it... LOL... I really hope this At The Port means its at my local rail yard getting ready to be transported to my dealer.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2022, 05:29 PM   #83
F87LUV
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2, '23 GT4

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
I couldn't get through calling the Genius number when I tried to check my status. It's been "scheduled" for over a week now but my tentative PCD delivery date was moved up almost a month. No trains for me.
Attached Images

03-20-2022, 09:23 PM   #84
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Just out of curiosity, when you log into My Garage on the BMW site what does your status say? Mine had said "In Transit" this entire time, but just right now when I checked it is now "At The Port" which is technically one step back from In Transit.... LOL.... did my train go back to South Carolina with my X3M still on it... LOL... I really hope this At The Port means its at my local rail yard getting ready to be transported to my dealer.
From others who's posted that means it's now at your local port….
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2022, 09:26 PM   #85
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F87LUV View Post
I couldn't get through calling the Genius number when I tried to check my status. It's been "scheduled" for over a week now but my tentative PCD delivery date was moved up almost a month. No trains for me.
Awesome! Next time I'll do a pcd delivery then private carrier to my state… the wait is daunting and seemingly perilous…after the long wait our vehicles could've sustained substantial damage from transport on the "cattle car racks'

For the record I always knew more than the so called genius team. They aren't "allowed" to track via rail due to security or whatever excuse they have. They'll only give you what they see on screen which was always days behind real time tracking.
Appreciate 1
F87LUV3688.00
      03-20-2022, 09:42 PM   #86
F87LUV
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2, '23 GT4

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by F87LUV View Post
Awesome! Next time I'll do a pcd delivery then private carrier to my state… the wait is daunting and seemingly perilous…after the long wait our vehicles could've sustained substantial damage from transport on the "cattle car racks'

For the record I always knew more than the so called genius team. They aren't "allowed" to track via rail due to security or whatever excuse they have. They'll only give you what they see on screen which was always days behind real time tracking.
I haven't been waiting too long. I put my deposit down in February for a March build but it would be nice to get timely updates!
      03-21-2022, 12:17 PM   #87
D-Pat Murph
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X3Mc

Garage List
2022 BMW X3Mc  [0.00]
I was lucky and got an allocation from my dealer the day I ordered(March 9th). Went with Malachite Green Metallic (205) Sakhir Orange/Black Extended Merino Leather with red calipers, Comp+ executive packs and a couple extra options. They gave me a 2-3 month time estimate for delivery. Called BMW Genius today to see if anything has changed and they told me its looking like a week 22 build. Hopefully things will move faster, but have been told the individual color tends to prolong things. I ordered from BMW of Sudbury in Massachusetts.
2001 M3 -sold
Appreciate 1
      03-21-2022, 02:37 PM   #88
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Mine just went backwards and says at the port; which I was told by other members that means at the local VPC when it does that…we shall see…sigh
Attached Images

Appreciate 0