BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-20-2020, 07:58 AM   #133
inmidoutsole
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: M3c / Z4 M40i / EQS 580

literally one month old :

second pic: broken guide rail that needs to be replaced
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Max Well4686.00
stein_325i25051.00
      08-20-2020, 08:21 AM   #134
evo-mike
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M, 2016 435i M-Sport

Man I thought you were going cf roof
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 07:16 PM   #135
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by inmidoutsole View Post
literally one month old :

second pic: broken guide rail that needs to be replaced
Thanks for sharing the images, inmidoutsole . Shows all the wasted space which could be used for a more aero-refined roof if one were so inclined.

Wouldn't be too worried about the broken part and the vehicle age, at least as a reflection of overall design and production. Out of the number of BMW models we've owned over the years, the majority have been rock solid (which is why we keep purchasing them). The 'gremlins' are part of mass production of incredibly complex vehicles, and all it takes is one (or two) parts malfunctioning to put our vehicles in the shop.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 08:33 PM   #136
Newx3mowner
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X3M

No remote start

No low end torque (came from a 6.4L charger) Top end is great!

MPG not great, but expected

"Ventilated" seats are rather weak

I have no issues with ride quality or steering as some do. Overall very happy with the purchase. I know there isn't a car made today that is perfect.
Appreciate 1
FrankieNuo1210.00
      08-21-2020, 12:03 AM   #137
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

The only regret that I have.
US highway system is lame. No AutoBahn.
By the time I almost finished with 2nd gear, I passed the highway speed limit already. No fun.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 4
      08-22-2020, 02:46 PM   #138
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
By the time I almost finished with 2nd gear, I passed the highway speed limit already. No fun.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newx3mowner View Post
No remote start

No low end torque (came from a 6.4L charger) Top end is great!

MPG not great, but expected

"Ventilated" seats are rather weak

I have no issues with ride quality or steering as some do. Overall very happy with the purchase. I know there isn't a car made today that is perfect.
Low End Torque its the way the Flat Torque High HP on the tuning/turbos is and is rather fixed with a Bootmod3 tune, especially with the Custom Tune I have i have to tell my dad relax when taking off

Indeed Ventilated seats are VERY weak

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 2
AlexFL7833.00
      08-22-2020, 05:19 PM   #139
ckneasel
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR-NYC View Post
No regrets but I don't know if I would do it again.

The car itself is great. I love the size and performance but I think the fit and finish, especially for an $80k vehicle, is an embarrassment. It's easy to blame Spartanburg but this think lower models like the X3 have less stringent QA because I had no fit and finish issues with my X5 from the same factory
Coming from an F15 X5, i find that the engineering and quality in the X3 is pretty lackluster... It's not terrible, but you can tell it's on a lower level than the X5...

And to think my 2017 was actually tech from 2012-13...

I chose to go with the M40i and I am not disappointed in the driving dynamics of it whatsoever... Just couldn't justify the price of the M...
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2020, 05:32 PM   #140
floating.spirit
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Garage List
2020 X3MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by inmidoutsole View Post
I knew I shouldn't have gone for the sunroof, since today it won't close anymore

tried to reset it by pushing up the sunroof button for about a minute but all it did is leave my roof in a crooked position as only the left side moved
I also hate being right all the time 😜
Appreciate 1
FrankieNuo1210.00
      08-22-2020, 05:45 PM   #141
allinon72
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20' M2C, 23' X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckneasel View Post
Quote:

The car itself is great. I love the size and performance but I think the fit and finish, especially for an $80k vehicle, is an embarrassment. It's easy to blame Spartanburg but this think lower models like the X3 have less stringent QA because I had no fit and finish issues with my X5 from the same factory
Coming from an F15 X5, i find that the engineering and quality in the X3 is pretty lackluster... It's not terrible, but you can tell it's on a lower level than the X5...

I chose to go with the M40i and I am not disappointed in the driving dynamics of it whatsoever... Just couldn't justify the price of the M...
Care to elaborate on the build quality issues? Of course the X3 isn't going to be quite as premium as the X5, just as my X3 makes my wife's X1 look like a dinosaur.
Appreciate 1
FrankieNuo1210.00
      08-22-2020, 07:28 PM   #142
ckneasel
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinon72 View Post
Care to elaborate on the build quality issues? Of course the X3 isn't going to be quite as premium as the X5, just as my X3 makes my wife's X1 look like a dinosaur.
For one the moment I sat in the X3 after driving 5 hours in my X5 to pick it up, the seats were not nearly as comfortable... My X5 was an M-Sport version so they weren't super plush or anything, but there was quite a difference... I do have the ventilated option on the X3, and apparently those seats aren't as "comfy" as the non ventilated version...

Turn signal stalk has a completely different feeling to it, which was immediately apparent to me...

Just stupid little odds and end things like that, that I'm continuing to notice... In no way am I saying the X3 is a bad car, the more seat time in it, the better i feel, but you can certainly tell it's 2 different "experiences" in premium feeling...
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2020, 07:32 PM   #143
allinon72
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20' M2C, 23' X1

Quote:
Quote:
For one the moment I sat in the X3 after driving 5 hours in my X5 to pick it up, the seats were not nearly as comfortable... My X5 was an M-Sport version so they weren't super plush or anything, but there was quite a difference... I do have the ventilated option on the X3, and apparently those seats aren't as "comfy" as the non ventilated version...

Turn signal stalk has a completely different feeling to it, which was immediately apparent to me...

Just stupid little odds and end things like that, that I'm continuing to notice... In no way am I saying the X3 is a bad car, the more seat time in it, the better i feel, but you can certainly tell it's 2 different "experiences" in premium feeling...
You're entitled to your opinion certainly, but as it happens frequently, we're comparing an M car to a non-M car. The X3M is not a luxury car and should not be considered as such, it is a performance car first with some luxury touches. It will not be the most comfortable at anything. This does not speak to build quality.
Appreciate 1
FrankieNuo1210.00
      08-22-2020, 08:22 PM   #144
MrItaly
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Having moved back from Northern Italy, I feel your pain....
Appreciate 3
AlexFL7833.00
FrankieNuo1210.00
r33_RGSport12801.50
      08-23-2020, 12:01 AM   #145
RR-NYC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

For starters:
Driver door didn't line up with the body
All four lower door trim pieces were loose.
Alcantara trim on bolsters aren't taught
Paint peeling on lower rear bumper
Finger prints on the LED lenses
Minor dent in dashboard
Appreciate 1
dds007411.00
      08-23-2020, 03:06 AM   #146
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
For starters:
Minor dent in dashboard
crazy. luckily, i have none of those. you got hosed.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2020, 07:13 AM   #147
RR-NYC
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Quote:
For starters:
Minor dent in dashboard
I think the first part of you message is correct, you are lucky that you don't have any of those. I didn't get hosed, I've looked at several X3M and M40i's and the loose lower door trim seems to affect more than not. When I noticed the drivers door not lining up I immediately brought it back to the dealer thinking it may have been a poor repair job. All 3 other X3Ms had the exact same issue with the driver door and loose trim as mine

I just think most don't look close enough to notice these things
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2020, 07:25 AM   #148
JayM40i
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW x7 40i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
For starters:
Minor dent in dashboard
I think the first part of you message is correct, you are lucky that you don't have any of those. I didn't get hosed, I've looked at several X3M and M40i's and the loose lower door trim seems to affect more than not. When I noticed the drivers door not lining up I immediately brought it back to the dealer thinking it may have been a poor repair job. All 3 other X3Ms had the exact same issue with the driver door and loose trim as mine

Had the same issue on my x3 m40i. Think it just needs a quick tightening but it's still annoying when you just purchased a new car. Makes me wonder about the other things I haven't noticed yet/can't see.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2020, 07:34 AM   #149
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:

I told my dealer I need one hour to inspect my delivery, wrote down every tiny imperfection (loose trim pieces and so on) and told them to fix all of those. Came back three days later, car was flawless.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2020, 07:59 AM   #150
RR-NYC
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I told my dealer I need one hour to inspect my delivery, wrote down every tiny imperfection (loose trim pieces and so on) and told them to fix all of those. Came back three days later, car was flawless.
I bought in middle of spring during the pandemic. When it's cold and raining outside and they won't let you inside the dealership, it's pretty difficult to do what you did.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2020, 01:44 PM   #151
myewdell
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M

Does your RPM bounce?

I keep noticing my RPM bounce at around 2k following starting up the car. Worse in Sport Plus mode than efficient and was wondering if anyone else experienced it?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 12:30 PM   #152
BigBMWguy85
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Comp Vert

Seats hurt within 30 minutes of a drive

The bottom bolsters of the 2022 X3m Comp are literally unbearable. It makes me happy I am not alone (when looking through the forums), but sad that I will sell this car because of the pathetic attempt at making seats for anyone that's > 6' tall and muscular with big thighs/ass. lol

Has anyone changed the seats with a fabricator? The bolsters make my drive miserable after 30 minutes. Luckily I purchase a purple seat pad and have that in there for the time being until I get rid of the car. There IS NO other spots SUV that I want or that can match the driving experience. It is really really unfortunate.

I should have a at pad in my 80k sport suv. If only all the people checking out the car from the outside knew about the inside.
Appreciate 0