BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-12-2019, 04:21 AM   #67
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjrennie View Post
I agree mainly though think they have been ok up to the point when a V5 dropped on.my doormat without any explanation or warning. It's not on.
I presume for the V5 to have been issued they have the necessary sigs in place for the car to be in your name - including finance docs. which might make cancelling somewhat less than straightforward....

I'd be saying I want a loan car of equal value and status until its released....
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 04:23 AM   #68
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
So, collection due on Saturday. Just received an email, not even the courtesy of a call, to say the release has been stopped. I've changed plates, cancelled and rearranged insurance. Just a brief email saying they cannot let the car go. Awaiting more information. Anyone ever heard such a story? I'm fuming.
M5 and M8 X5M X6M all stopped for the wiring to the gearbox is in danger of melting, no fix as yet I've heard.
People waiting for delivery are not happy, no time frame given for when cars will be released
      12-12-2019, 04:45 AM   #69
Shadowdemon1
Private
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition, X2 20d xdrive

Is there not a tendency for such issues to be catastrophized?

So far no issues with my car at all. If there is a problem, they will fix.

Luckily, i picked my car up two days before the stop release.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 05:01 AM   #70
bennyboy77
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3Msport 3.0d

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwtsn View Post
I'll contact BMW UK anyway the more they hear of it hopefully the further up the priority list it goes.

If I were BMW and heard they are potentially going to lose business over it I would want a fix ASAP.

Don't want to say too much to the dealer about potentially cancelling as they have been alright about it, they don't know as much as they should so from their point I guess they are frustrated too.
I agree mainly though think they have been ok up to the point when a V5 dropped on.my doormat without any explanation or warning. It's not on.
So spoke directly with BMW UK.

Despite my car being registered on 30th Nov to me and being in receipt of the V5 and despite my first finance payment going out before I actually collect the car, BMW UK will not allow me to collect the car.

Also there are no details on when the fix will be available and when the car could be released.

It may be that the car issue is resolved before I am able/planning to collect the car at the end of the month.

I also checked my BMW Finance documents and there were signed on Nov 27th and the right to cancel was 14 days from the date of contract not 14 days from when the vehicle was registered.... hence I am past the date to cancel.

In terms of UK Consumer goods act I can reject the car after 30 days and I believe this should include full settlement of all fees.

Basically I did the dealer a favour which resulted in mutual benefits by registering in Nov, but now the likely result is no car but payments being made towards it.

I am waiting for the BMW business mgr from the dealer to call me back but will be very clear that if I am not driving the car on 27th Dec I will be rejecting the car.

Not happy. BMW UK were very much, not our problem speak to the dealer we have no info.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 05:18 AM   #71
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyboy77 View Post

Despite my car being registered on 30th Nov to me and being in receipt of the V5 and despite my first finance payment going out before I actually collect the car, BMW UK will not allow me to collect the car.

Also there are no details on when the fix will be available and when the car could be released.

It may be that the car issue is resolved before I am able/planning to collect the car at the end of the month.

I also checked my BMW Finance documents and there were signed on Nov 27th and the right to cancel was 14 days from the date of contract not 14 days from when the vehicle was registered.... hence I am past the date to cancel.

In terms of UK Consumer goods act I can reject the car after 30 days and I believe this should include full settlement of all fees.

Basically I did the dealer a favour which resulted in mutual benefits by registering in Nov, but now the likely result is no car but payments being made towards it.

I am waiting for the BMW business mgr from the dealer to call me back but will be very clear that if I am not driving the car on 27th Dec I will be rejecting the car.

Not happy. BMW UK were very much, not our problem speak to the dealer we have no info.
Why would you reject it, they are checking for a problem and solving.

Get another demo vehicle - something you fancy, maybe a nice X7 7 seater for the xmas period when we all have people to ferry about and drive theirs for a couple of weeks and then get your very heavily discounted X3M..

Or cancel, have to find another deal and drive something worse....or pay a lot more...

Tough decision....take the emotion out and think rationally and you could actually use this to your advantage!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 05:19 AM   #72
Jimmyjones654
Rep
Drives: X3M & M4

Quote:

Also if you did decided to stay with the car and the delay and picked it up in January your car should be a 69/20 not a 69/19 so would devalue your car more
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 05:19 AM   #73
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBMWM5 View Post
M5 and M8 X5M X6M all stopped for the wiring to the gearbox is in danger of melting, no fix as yet I've heard.
People waiting for delivery are not happy, no time frame given for when cars will be released
Does this mean M5 owners can expect a recall JOHNBMWM5 ? Better start thinking of where and what I want as a loan car whilst they have it.....
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 05:22 AM   #74
M4SW
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M Competition

I'm interested to watch this thread. I'm collecting my new X3M Comp in just over a week. I emailed my dealer to ask about the stop release and mentioned the thread here. They replied this morning stating no problems, the car can be collected as planned. However, I'm now nervous I'll get a call in a day or two saying I can't collect the car.

Can anybody confirm if this is a blanket 'stop release' that applies to all X3M's in the UK, or just some specific cars can't be released?

Could somebody post the letter they've received from BMW up here for us to read perhaps?

Those that have been told they can't collect I sincerely hope you get an answer and collection date soon. It must be so frustrating. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 05:27 AM   #75
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyjones654 View Post
Also if you did decided to stay with the car and the delay and picked it up in January your car should be a 69/20 not a 69/19 so would devalue your car more
Think you will find if he is on the finance then it has already been registered... I'd say free loan car until ready, free RIS, maybe even free service pack, or perhaps some accessory or other is the way to go...
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 05:35 AM   #76
X3MSteve
Private
Rep
Drives: X3M

Just spoke to my dealer for monday collection, no issues highlighted on mine, he is going to double check. I have a reg number too and it’s getting a pdi today!

He is aware of the issue though as he’s had to tell someone that they can’t have their x4m
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 05:49 AM   #77
aliwtsn
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3MSteve View Post
Just spoke to my dealer for monday collection, no issues highlighted on mine, he is going to double check. I have a reg number too and it’s getting a pdi today!

He is aware of the issue though as he’s had to tell someone that they can’t have their x4m
Sounds hopeful, fingers crossed it goes to plan.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 05:51 AM   #78
bennyboy77
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
Quote:

Why would you reject it, they are checking for a problem and solving.

Get another demo vehicle - something you fancy, maybe a nice X7 7 seater for the xmas period when we all have people to ferry about and drive theirs for a couple of weeks and then get your very heavily discounted X3M..

Or cancel, have to find another deal and drive something worse....or pay a lot more...

Tough decision....take the emotion out and think rationally and you could actually use this to your advantage!
Yo are definitely right that there is some emotion in it which largely stems from the BMW UK response. The person I spoke to was perfectly polite and I have no issues in how he was personally respond to my queries. However I do have an issue that they believe it's not really their issue that I am unable to use the goods that I am paying for.

Clearly I will give the dealer the opportunity to rectify but it isn't acceptable to be paying for something you have never received. That needs to be dealt with professionally and not how it is currently being handled by BMW UK.

For certain every other car manufacturer has issues and for sure cars are complicated things. Outside of all the specs etc... customer service is one of the things that should be use to determine if you want the brand.

Thus far my own opinion is that BMW UK are not handling this well.....

Another concern is that if the dealer basically lets me take the car because it was registered on 30th Nov and the fix isn't implemented when I collect. What happens if the issue results in a failure as I have been told by BMW UK that I cannot take the car.....

In short it is a mess.....
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 05:54 AM   #79
bennyboy77
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3MSteve View Post

I called BMW UK directly. All my details were on their system. He could see all the details had details of the tech issue etc.... in short I don't believe that are any X3M/X4M's cars which don't have the issue and if you are collecting after 5th Dec the dealer will not be allowed to release. The communication from BMW UK does not seem good and the current outlook for a fix is not confirmed.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 05:55 AM   #80
bennyboy77
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4SW View Post
I'm interested to watch this thread. I'm collecting my new X3M Comp in just over a week. I emailed my dealer to ask about the stop release and mentioned the thread here. They replied this morning stating no problems, the car can be collected as planned. However, I'm now nervous I'll get a call in a day or two saying I can't collect the car.

Can anybody confirm if this is a blanket 'stop release' that applies to all X3M's in the UK, or just some specific cars can't be released?

Could somebody post the letter they've received from BMW up here for us to read perhaps?

Those that have been told they can't collect I sincerely hope you get an answer and collection date soon. It must be so frustrating. Good luck.
If you have the VIN number you can call BMW UK and they will confirm the situation
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 06:01 AM   #81
Jimmyjones654
Rep

As above
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M4SW54.00
      12-12-2019, 06:09 AM   #82
aliwtsn
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp

Quote:
Quote:

If you have the VIN number you can call BMW UK and they will confirm the situation
I spoke to BMW UK just there with my VIN and they said they can't see any issues but they can tell me it's arrived at the dealer I feel like I am going round in circles here it's laughable.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 06:55 AM   #83
bennyboy77
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwtsn View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I spoke to BMW UK just there with my VIN and they said they can't see any issues but they can tell me it's arrived at the dealer I feel like I am going round in circles here it's laughable.
So had a really sensible conversation with BMW FS Escalations.

They have taken full ownership of the situation, are getting the full low down on my situation. Will work with my dealer to look at what can be done if I cannot collect the car at the end of the month.

Any and all things were discussed including covering of finance payments whilst without the vehicle, supply of a loan vehicle etc.... but basically should the need arise that I can't have access to my vehicle at the end of the month that they would work to amicable arrangement or accept the rejection and fully settle the agreement.

Not ideal, but irrespective of what happens on my collection date, I feel pretty happy that the matter will be addressed.

A much different conversation than the one with BMW UK.
Appreciate 1
M4SW54.00
      12-12-2019, 07:04 AM   #84
mjrennie
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X4M Competition

I've put my cards on the table with the dealer. It's a car and not worth the hassle. Either I cancel or they loan me something and work out a suitable arrangement that offsets the waiting, costs, etc. Or they come up with something. Just sitting here waiting is not a good option.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 08:37 AM   #85
daltonvaas
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 840i GC (on order)

OK so I was due to travel from Surrey to North Lancashire this Sartuday to collect and just got the dreaded call that my car in on a stop release! I did ask them why they didn't flag this before as the car has been waiting at the dealer since last Monday!

What's worst is that I sold my current car this week thinking I was getting the new one on Saturday so i'm without vehicle.

The only positive so far is that I 'made' them throw in the Cosmetic Repair Plus plan for free of charge, i'm considering asking for them to fund a car for me until this one can be released as i'm now without vehicle for god knows how long?

Thoughts? Any chance this might be resolved fast? Has anyone already had their issue resolved?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 08:40 AM   #86
Jimmyjones654
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by daltonvaas View Post
OK so I was due to travel from Surrey to North Lancashire to collect and just got the dreaded call that my car in on a stop release! I did ask them why they didn't flag this before as the car has been waiting at the dealer since last Monday!

What's worst is that I sold my current car this week thinking I was getting the new one on Saturday so i'm without vehicle.

The only positive so far is that I 'made' them throw in the Cosmetic Repair Plus plan for free of charge, i'm considering asking for them to fund a car for me until this one can be released as i'm not without vehicle for god knows how long?

Thoughts? Any chance this might be resolved fast? Has anyone already had their issue resolved?

The m140i has a similar issue in America and someone on the forum waited 6 weeks for bmw to find a fix !!!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 08:44 AM   #87
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
Does this mean M5 owners can expect a recall JOHNBMWM5 ? Better start thinking of where and what I want as a loan car whilst they have it.....
Not sure when this recall would come, but new car sale delivery has STOPPED. Much to the dismay and annoyance of purchasers. No sign of a quick fix either.
      12-12-2019, 08:45 AM   #88
Jimmyjones654
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBMWM5 View Post
Not sure when this recall would come, but new car sale delivery has STOPPED. Much to the dismay and annoyance of purchasers. No sign of a quick fix either.
The m5 has now been stopped ?
Appreciate 0