BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-12-2020, 12:23 PM   #133
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
I can't wait for 500 hp mulch runs! No, seriously!
In honor of Transfer picking up his new X3MC yesterday [ https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showp...&postcount=160 ], am sharing an image taken during my Spring ‘550 HP mulch runs’ yesterday morning, which I haven’t had a chance to do since delivery back in September. Able to haul 18 Bags with each run, so with only 3 trips I was able to put out 54 bags. Another 54 tomorrow morning and I’ll be done for the year.

From Drag Strip, to Sport+ drives along winding country roads, to heavy duty cargo capabilities - our X3MC continues to perform and bring a smile!
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
pluckydks621.50
AlexFL7834.00
r33_RGSport12912.50
      04-12-2020, 04:10 PM   #134
MrItaly
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Well View Post
In honor of Transfer picking up his new X3MC yesterday [ https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showp...&postcount=160 ], am sharing an image taken during my Spring ‘550 HP mulch runs’ yesterday morning, which I haven’t had a chance to do since delivery back in September. Able to haul 18 Bags with each run, so with only 3 trips I was able to put out 54 bags. Another 54 tomorrow morning and I’ll be done for the year.

From Drag Strip, to Sport+ drives along winding country roads, to heavy duty cargo capabilities - our X3MC continues to perform and bring a smile!
As I stated in my YouTube video comments, it truly is a versatile vehicle that checks all the boxes if you only had room for one car in your stall or you just wanted it all from a single car.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12912.50
      04-12-2020, 10:35 PM   #135
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

Quote:

Damn just looked back and that post was from 2/2019. What a different time we're in now.
Appreciate 1
Max Well4716.00
      04-13-2020, 05:10 PM   #136
Max Well
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post

Damn just looked back and that post was from 2/2019. What a different time we're in now.
Indeed ...

F/U on today's runs - did five more @ 18 bags each. So in two mornings I hauled 288 cu ft of mulch (144 bags), or 10.67 cu yd. Now that I know how much I actually need, in the future I'll probably just have two pallets (70 bags each) delivered, but as this was the first time mulching this home I honestly had no idea how much I would need. I've used bulk loads many times in the past, but with so many plants it's a lot easier for me now to use bags than dumping from a wheelbarrow.

Our X3MC made the mulch runs enjoyable!
Appreciate 1
Transfer5250.00
      04-13-2020, 05:46 PM   #137
spta97
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 X3MC

Did the back sag with all that mulch?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2020, 07:08 PM   #138
MrItaly
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M Competition

Quote:
Indeed ...

F/U on today's runs - did five more @ 18 bags each. So in two mornings I hauled 288 cu ft of mulch (144 bags), or 10.67 cu yd. Now that I know how much I actually need, in the future I'll probably just have two pallets (70 bags each) delivered, but as this was the first time mulching this home I honestly had no idea how much I would need. I've used bulk loads many times in the past, but with so many plants it's a lot easier for me now to use bags than dumping from a wheelbarrow.

Our X3MC made the mulch runs enjoyable!
If you haul often, might I reccomend a stealth hitch, my friend? It'll save you time and gas money in the long run if you need to move more volume. Of course, you'd need a trailer too. Just saying, it does come in handy when the ginormous cargo area won't haul everything you need or you don't want to put those contents inside your vehicle (lawn trimmings, firewood, stone, etc)
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 08:12 AM   #139
Max Well
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spta97 View Post
Did the back sag with all that mulch?
Not at all. Unlike the boulders, fertilizer and top soil I also haul, bags of mulch are relatively light so it becomes more of a volume constraint issue (which is where our X3MC shines in comparison to the competition, except of course for the RR and SVR lines). It does sag some when I haul ~700 lbs of the other items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrItaly View Post
If you haul often, might I recommend a stealth hitch, my friend? It'll save you time and gas money in the long run if you need to move more volume. Of course, you'd need a trailer too. Just saying, it does come in handy when the ginormous cargo area won't haul everything you need or you don't want to put those contents inside your vehicle (lawn trimmings, firewood, stone, etc)
If I owned a trailer (and had room in the garage for one), I might consider a stealth hitch. I've read through your posts on it and it seems like a good product for the X3M series. But honestly, I'm able to haul about anything I need in the cargo area of our X3MC. I have a heavy-duty tarp and a good vacuum for anything that falls off of it, so for me, it's not a necessity.
Appreciate 0