BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-26-2017, 09:42 PM   #2223
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhoudaniell View Post
Yeah I think I understand the part about the mirror, but either way it sounds like if I want it to automatically fold, it will require the holding of either CA or FOB? I tried it with both. The one thing that I did notice was that if I have the mirrors folded, and unlock my car, it unfolds with a touch - so that's why I was curious as to if there's a way to either code the vehicle to fold the mirrors with "engine shutdown", or just "lock", instead of holding it. I mean at the end of the day, it's not a big deal to just press the button in my door to fold it, but I definitely don't see myself holding down CA or the FOB after locking the car just to fold the mirrors.
The only associated behavior, of that I know, to engine condition (on/off) is door locks.

You can reduce or remove delay so that that mirrors fold sooner/tied to door lock (KMFRT_SCHLIESSEN). If you completely remove initiation delay, then you lose ability to disable interior alarm tilt sensor with double lock action.

Here is video with bad lighting:

Last edited by Almaretto; 03-26-2017 at 10:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2017, 02:31 PM   #2224
zhoudaniell
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
The only associated behavior, of that I know, to engine condition (on/off) is door locks.

You can reduce or remove delay so that that mirrors fold sooner/tied to door lock (KMFRT_SCHLIESSEN). If you completely remove initiation delay, then you lose ability to disable interior alarm tilt sensor with double lock action.

Here is video with bad lighting:

So reporting back. Still no luck with the animation screen. I have it set to lock and electronics off like you said, but I think it's doing the same thing as before where if I take more than 5 secondsish to unlock and turn on, it goes straight to the main menu. Any thoughts on what's going on there?

Also not sure if you'd know the answer to this or not, but I play google music through my iPhone via Bluetooth. Most of the times when I start playing no information displays on entertainment. I have to switch it to radio, then back to Bluetooth, for it to have the artist and lambing information. Any idea what's going on there?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2017, 02:36 PM   #2225
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
So reporting back. Still no luck with the animation screen. I have it set to lock and electronics off like you said, but I think it's doing the same thing as before where if I take more than 5 secondsish to unlock and turn on, it goes straight to the main menu. Any thoughts on what's going on there?

Also not sure if you'd know the answer to this or not, but I play google music through my iPhone via Bluetooth. Most of the times when I start playing no information displays on entertainment. I have to switch it to radio, then back to Bluetooth, for it to have the artist and lambing information. Any idea what's going on there?
When I shot video yesterday after locking and unlocking multiple times, I did not see animation. I suspect because vehicle had woken up already.

i have no idea as I never stream music via BT.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2017, 02:41 PM   #2226
zhoudaniell
Private
Rep

Quote:
When I shot video yesterday after locking and unlocking multiple times, I did not see animation. I suspect because vehicle had woken up already.

i have no idea as I never stream music via BT.
Hm, so I guess there isn't a way to guarantee the animation? I'm assuming that the system is "starting up" as soon as you unlock?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2017, 02:43 PM   #2227
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Hm, so I guess there isn't a way to guarantee the animation? I'm assuming that the system is "starting up" as soon as you unlock?
I am still saying that I generally always see animation on every startup. The exception was while rapidly testing unlock/lock & shooting video; as such, I likely needed more than a half minute to allow vehicle to sleep.

If video is that important to you, you can always watch anytime you want on youtube:
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2017, 04:18 PM   #2228
zhoudaniell
Private
Rep

Quote:
I am still saying that I generally always see animation on every startup. The exception was while rapidly testing unlock/lock & shooting video; as such, I likely needed more than a half minute to allow vehicle to sleep.

If video is that important to you, you can always watch anytime you want on youtube:
haha, yeah I guess it's just a little addon that would be nice to have. It sounds like, from previous posts, that the system starts turning on as soon as the doors are unlocked, either via CA or FOB.

Thanks for all your help so far, Almaretto!

shawnsheridan I've seen you post in a couple of the threads about the start up navigation. It sounds like some people were saying that it could be possible to delay the system start after unlocking the doors, although, I couldn't find a confirmation on how to code this. Do you have any recommendations for this?

For context, I changed my animation screen to ///m and won't see the intro animation unless I pretty much start the car within a few seconds of unlocking the door.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2017, 06:00 PM   #2229
zhoudaniell
Private
Rep

Quote:

sorry, another silly question for you. After I did my initial coding, does my token ever expire? I tried connecting back to my car today but there for some reason was no connection. Not sure if I need to regenerate a token or if I'm doing something wrong. I had my car powered on and made sure the cable was secure on both the car and the laptop.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2017, 06:29 PM   #2230
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
sorry, another silly question for you. After I did my initial coding, does my token ever expire? I tried connecting back to my car today but there for some reason was no connection. Not sure if I need to regenerate a token or if I'm doing something wrong. I had my car powered on and made sure the cable was secure on both the car and the laptop.
Yes, .EST Token has a Validity Period, but this has nothing to do with Connection to car. .EST Token is used only post connection and for FDL Coding only.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2017, 06:44 PM   #2231
zhoudaniell
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Yes, .EST Token has a Validity Period, but this has nothing to do with Connection to car. .EST Token is used only post connection and for FDL Coding only.
Oh interesting. Im charging my computer and will try again in a few hours.

Any thoughts on my previous question about the intros animation?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2017, 06:49 PM   #2232
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Oh interesting. Im charging my computer and will try again in a few hours.

Any thoughts on my previous question about the intros animation?
No, I don't know any way to delay the system start after unlocking the doors.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2017, 11:04 PM   #2233
zhoudaniell
Private
Rep

Quote:
Any idea why I still can't connect? The cable is legit, and has been working up until today. I'm not getting any connection notifications on the bottom right of windows 10 either when I connected my car to the Pc. Can't quite figure out what I'm doing wrong

EDIT: tried connecting a normal ethernet to the computer, and it takes it. So I don't think the problem is the computer.

This is what the car port looks like - does it look normal? Not sure if I should be concerned that I can see gold plates in a couple of the slots, but not all of them.
View post on imgur.com

If it is normal, then I'm wondering if the cable literally just gave out after a few uses? Is that common?

Last edited by zhoudaniell; 03-27-2017 at 11:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2017, 06:51 AM   #2234
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Any idea why I still can't connect? The cable is legit, and has been working up until today. I'm not getting any connection notifications on the bottom right of windows 10 either when I connected my car to the Pc. Can't quite figure out what I'm doing wrong

EDIT: tried connecting a normal ethernet to the computer, and it takes it. So I don't think the problem is the computer.

This is what the car port looks like - does it look normal? Not sure if I should be concerned that I can see gold plates in a couple of the slots, but not all of them.
View post on imgur.com

If it is normal, then I'm wondering if the cable literally just gave out after a few uses? Is that common?
No idea, really. It could very well be the cable. I always have a spare as backup in case. Being less than $20 a cable, its worth it.

Appreciate 0
      03-28-2017, 12:23 PM   #2235
zhoudaniell
Private
Rep

Quote:
No idea, really. It could very well be the cable. I always have a spare as backup in case. Being less than $20 a cable, its worth it.
Ok, I ordered another one and I'll see what's up.

My PC went through a windows update as well. Even for some reason if the firewall or antivirus was reenabled, or any of the other points that are listed to make sure are set before using E-sys, the "connection" should technically still exist right?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2017, 12:36 PM   #2236
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Ok, I ordered another one and I'll see what's up.

My PC went through a windows update as well. Even for some reason if the firewall or antivirus was reenabled, or any of the other points that are listed to make sure are set before using E-sys, the "connection" should technically still exist right?
Not quite sure what you are asking, but if the Firewall or Anti Virus, including Windows Defender, was somehow re-enabled, then Ethernet Port could have been blocked, so no connection.

Appreciate 0
      03-28-2017, 01:44 PM   #2237
zhoudaniell
Private
Rep

Quote:
Not quite sure what you are asking, but if the Firewall or Anti Virus, including Windows Defender, was somehow re-enabled, then Ethernet Port could have been blocked, so no connection.
Would it block all things entering the ethernet port, or just the enet cable? my ethernet for my router still worked well with the port.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2017, 01:52 PM   #2238
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Would it block all things entering the ethernet port, or just the enet cable? my ethernet for my router still worked well with the port.
Normally Firewall will block specific port. If for example it blocked Port 6801, then only ENET Connection would be affected.

Appreciate 0
      03-28-2017, 01:58 PM   #2239
zhoudaniell
Private
Rep

Quote:
Normally Firewall will block specific port. If for example it blocked Port 6801, then only ENET Connection would be affected.
Hm, ok. yeah I disabled firewall and windows defender, and it still didn't detect an ethernet connection. Hoping that it's an issue with the cable.

Does this look off to you at all? I want to make sure its not on the car side of things - not sure if there's supposed to be gold plates on every little hole or not.

View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2017, 02:01 PM   #2240
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hm, ok. yeah I disabled firewall and windows defender, and it still didn't detect an ethernet connection. Hoping that it's an issue with the cable.

Does this look off to you at all? I want to make sure its not on the car side of things - not sure if there's supposed to be gold plates on every little hole or not.

View post on imgur.com
No, not every connector. ENET has only a few wires, so only those would need contacts.

Appreciate 0
      03-28-2017, 02:03 PM   #2241
zhoudaniell
Private
Rep

Quote:
No, not every connector. ENET has only a few wires, so only those would need contacts.
ok good, because that'd be even a bigger issue. Thanks Shawn, I'm really hoping that it's just the cable then. Should be able to retest next week.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2017, 02:05 PM   #2242
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
ok good, because that'd be even a bigger issue. Thanks Shawn, I'm really hoping that it's just the cable then. Should be able to retest next week.
Ok, good luck.

Appreciate 0
      03-30-2017, 11:24 AM   #2243
PerryGunn
Idiot-in-chief
Rep
Drives: around: in: circles:

Garage List
Hi - just got car back from dealer who has recoded some modules

Getting an error when reading coding data from CAFD files

New I-Step is F025-17-03-503 so I'm guessing that I need new psdzdata files (my current version is from v.60.0_PSdZData_Lite and E-Sys 3.28.1 with Launcher 2.6.2.124)

If I need a new version can I have a link to the latest please?

Thanks very much

Last edited by PerryGunn; 03-30-2017 at 11:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2017, 12:21 PM   #2244
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryGunn View Post
Hi - just got car back from dealer who has recoded some modules

Getting an error when reading coding data from CAFD files

New I-Step is F025-17-03-503 so I'm guessing that I need new psdzdata files (my current version is from v.60.0_PSdZData_Lite and E-Sys 3.28.1 with Launcher 2.6.2.124)

If I need a new version can I have a link to the latest please?

Thanks very much
PM Sent
Appreciate 1