BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-10-2022, 01:35 PM   #45
///minh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 m3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strick View Post
Amazing spec, now I'm really tempted to go AW!
Thank you, honestly there are a lot of colors out there that would look amazing on the x3/x4m. No regret here going with AW though. Love the white and gloss black contrast on it. Do keep in mind if you live in a state similar to Washington state, it's a headache driving in the rain. The vehicle gets really dirty after one drive in the rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f80NJ17 View Post
I had the same color combo on my F80 but went with brook grey/ sahkir now

But wow that White/sahkir looking fresh
Thank you, love brook grey as well but didn't want to get another grey vehicle added to the stable. Lol
Appreciate 1
Strick243.00
      04-11-2022, 09:28 AM   #46
bean town
Rep
Drives: 2022 x3m competition

Looks fantastic
Appreciate 1
///minh564.00
      05-07-2022, 10:59 AM   #47
///minh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Finally pulled the trigger and purchased OEM cf strut bar. Looks so much better than the aluminum one and it's a tad bit lighter as well.

Also installed the door light projectors. Love them as it give the car a little more jazz at night time.
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
BrockDM2040.50
danniexi3051.50
Max Well4716.00
dooo97.00
      08-19-2022, 02:33 AM   #48
///minh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Been a while and finally have some time to update on the build. With almost a year of ownership and 2k miles…everyday I have a thought of selling her. But then when I take her out, that thought changed instantly. Not sure what the next mods are going to be. Not sure if I want to spend a ton more on kwv3s, carbon exterior pieces, tuning, etc ohhhh...the dilemma!

But here are a few things that were done from the last update:

1. Installed INDIV Center Console Trim. Amazing quality with a 99.9% match to OEM CF interior trim. Highly recommended!

2. Thank you to pyo I was able to figure out on how to code the ambient colors. Changed Bronze to Cyan Blue, Orange to Red, Lilac to Magenta and a few other combos. I feel the stock colors are tad bit boring and this is a must on the to do list. Got a lot of compliments from my passengers on how cool/fun the new colors are.

3. Finally got ahold of the 50th anniversary emblems for the hood, trunk, and the wheels. A little bias but they go so well with Alphine White.

4. Picked up a set up G8x front mount intakes from a buddy and retrofitted to the x3m. Being my first turbo car, always wanted to hear the turbo spool and this setup did exactly just that while giving the front end an aggressive look. The sound is so intoxicating!!!

The reasons I went with the Burgertuning G8x front mount intakes retrofit instead of Rktunes because of metal piping instead of silicone pipes, a cleaner look than Rktunes setup where you can see the pipe sticking out like a sore thumb , not able to use the the engine cover unless you modify it. Only downside of this this setup is that you would need to get a G8x turbo inlet because the X3m/X4m's inlet is a bit shorter and will not reach the pipe.
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
pyo548.00
Max Well4716.00
danniexi3051.50
BrockDM2040.50
dooo97.00
      08-19-2022, 02:38 PM   #49
BrockDM
Captain
Rep
Drives: F97 X3MC

Really nice updates! I do wish my RK intake had the hidden cross over pipe. I may try to mock something up to fit it lower into the bay.

I'm guessing you got the kit from Kasey? Those look like his work ha.
      08-19-2022, 07:39 PM   #50
///minh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrockDM View Post
Really nice updates! I do wish my RK intake had the hidden cross over pipe. I may try to mock something up to fit it lower into the bay.

Thank you. I'm not sure why RK did that middle pipe like that. Hopefully you can figure it out because that cr*p is horrendous. :/

Yup, got the kit from Kasey. It came off of his car since he sold it and got the e90. Small world though, he was in my state then moved over there and he met up with you for a shoot.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2022, 09:13 AM   #51
BrockDM
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///minh View Post
Quote:

Thank you. I'm not sure why RK did that middle pipe like that. Hopefully you can figure it out because that cr*p is horrendous. :/

Yup, got the kit from Kasey. It came off of his car since he sold it and got the e90. Small world though, he was in my state then moved over there and he met up with you for a shoot.
Agreed haha.

Did you have to trim, remove or relocate anything to run the cross over pipe down there or did it just drop in? If I recall getting the piping behind the grills took some modification but it might be easier than I thought to relocate the RK. Im determined now lol
      08-24-2022, 12:25 PM   #52
///minh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Agreed haha.

Did you have to trim, remove or relocate anything to run the cross over pipe down there or did it just drop in? If I recall getting the piping behind the grills took some modification but it might be easier than I thought to relocate the RK. Im determined now lol
No trimming but would just need to remove front side of the bracket and the pipe will drop right in. Let me know if you need any help. I hope you can figure it out since rktunes setup is hideous. Lol
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
BrockDM2040.50
      08-24-2022, 01:59 PM   #53
BrockDM
Captain
Rep

Quote:
No trimming but would just need to remove front side of the bracket and the pipe will drop right in. Let me know if you need any help. I hope you can figure it out since rktunes setup is hideous. Lol
Thank you! I actually have a buddy making me a carbon fiber cross over pipe to replace the RK silicon so once that is finished I'm going to tuck it right up front. I might not go as low as yours is just to show it off a bit haha.
      08-25-2022, 11:14 PM   #54
witha_k
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3M Competition

Quote:
Finally pulled the trigger and purchased OEM cf strut bar. Looks so much better than the aluminum one and it's a tad bit lighter as well.

Also installed the door light projectors. Love them as it give the car a little more jazz at night time.
Was ecstatic when i popped the hood open on my new 22 x3m comp and saw the carbon strut bar from the factory already installed, definitely makes the engine bay look great
Appreciate 2
      09-01-2022, 02:37 PM   #55
MisPWR
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4M F98

Quote:
Been a while and finally have some time to update on the build. With almost a year of ownership and 2k miles…everyday I have a thought of selling her. But then when I take her out, that thought changed instantly. Not sure what the next mods are going to be. Not sure if I want to spend a ton more on kwv3s, carbon exterior pieces, tuning, etc ohhhh...the dilemma!

But here are a few things that were done from the last update:

1. Installed INDIV Center Console Trim. Amazing quality with a 99.9% match to OEM CF interior trim. Highly recommended!

2. Thank you to pyo I was able to figure out on how to code the ambient colors. Changed Bronze to Cyan Blue, Orange to Red, Lilac to Magenta and a few other combos. I feel the stock colors are tad bit boring and this is a must on the to do list. Got a lot of compliments from my passengers on how cool/fun the new colors are.

3. Finally got ahold of the 50th anniversary emblems for the hood, trunk, and the wheels. A little bias but they go so well with Alphine White.

4. Picked up a set up G8x front mount intakes from a buddy and retrofitted to the x3m. Being my first turbo car, always wanted to hear the turbo spool and this setup did exactly just that while giving the front end an aggressive look. The sound is so intoxicating!!!

The reasons I went with the Burgertuning G8x front mount intakes retrofit instead of Rktunes because of metal piping instead of silicone pipes, a cleaner look than Rktunes setup where you can see the pipe sticking out like a sore thumb , not able to use the the engine cover unless you modify it. Only downside of this this setup is that you would need to get a G8x turbo inlet because the X3m/X4m's inlet is a bit shorter and will not reach the pipe.
Absolutely love the intakes. I'll DM you about them, I have a couple questions.
Appreciate 1
///minh564.00