BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-23-2022, 10:34 PM   #1
deltavid
Rep
Drives: 2017 X3

2017 X3 - infotainment question

Hey, I recently had to get my head unit replaced on my 2017 X3 because the original was defective. Turns out that they updated the software fully but not the maps. Routes on the NAV system that I was taking before I had the unit replaced were totally fine and now I am missing roads and routes are going totally out of the way because of this which is really annoying. I checked the version and I'm back to 2016-2 for North America which is definitely the problem as NAV is missing roads that were there before so I must have had a newer version.

This was my first dealer visit since I bought the car used (with extended warranty) so is it normal for the dealership not to do a map update to bring it back to the version that it was before replacement?

Unfortunately I don't know version it was before and I didn't think about checking and bringing this up when I was at the dealer so that's my bad.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2022, 09:04 AM   #2
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

My guess would be it never occurred to them. What they would do if it had occurred to them is another question. You should call and ask them. But it also depends on how far away your dealership is and how convenient it is for you to go there and leave your car, etc., because updating maps yourself is not a big deal. And also, whatever version you had would not have been the latest, and it's not clear to me that the dealer would owe you the latest. Anyway, ask them and if they say no, then just do it yourself.
Appreciate 0