BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-28-2022, 11:07 AM   #1
EndoDoc
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3 35i MSport

Rough Idle and Pulled Code 190F08

I have a 2014 X3 35i that I took in for an oil change and had them take a look at my rough idle issue, an independent shop. The rough idle is intermittent and mostly after the car is warmed up. Happens often on warmer days. The rough idle goes away when I rev the engine up a few times. They pulled a code as noted in the subj line but I have seen it hit on my search on the F30 side and not on the F25. Are they trying to hose me or is this truly a common problem? They quoted me $280 for repair.

They also diagnosed early signs of transmission shudder when I asked them about my possible wheel bearing humming noise at high speeds.

TIA for your replies.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 12:25 PM   #2
okayr
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X3 xDrive28i

I never got a check engine light for this so it may not be the same issue. But i needed a the whole vapor canister replaced at my last visit. Sounds better than needing the whole thing done as it was ~$600 if I didn't have a warranty.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 12:33 PM   #3
EndoDoc
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by okayzac View Post
I never got a check engine light for this so it may not be the same issue. But i needed a the whole vapor canister replaced at my last visit. Sounds better than needing the whole thing done as it was ~$600 if I didn't have a warranty.
Have never had a check engine light for it either, it's intermittent and not too disruptive but I figured they could look at it. Do you recall the code they read for your dx?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 01:16 PM   #4
okayr
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X3 xDrive28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndoDoc View Post
Have never had a check engine light for it either, it's intermittent and not too disruptive but I figured they could look at it. Do you recall the code they read for your dx?
No codes for it. I had brought it in for a thermostat code/loss of power/cold engine temp and the thermostat and water pump had already been replaced so they were digging deeper. It wasn't passing one of the emissions checks. While it wasn't the culprit it was still a problem.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 08:53 PM   #5
brianhinton77
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 28i, 2016 X5 M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndoDoc View Post
I have a 2014 X3 35i that I took in for an oil change and had them take a look at my rough idle issue, an independent shop. The rough idle is intermittent and mostly after the car is warmed up. Happens often on warmer days. The rough idle goes away when I rev the engine up a few times. They pulled a code as noted in the subj line but I have seen it hit on my search on the F30 side and not on the F25. Are they trying to hose me or is this truly a common problem? They quoted me $280 for repair.

They also diagnosed early signs of transmission shudder when I asked them about my possible wheel bearing humming noise at high speeds.

TIA for your replies.
Not sure if it is a common problem, but one that looks like tank ventilation lines. If you use www.bmwfault.codes, if will give you general information on your code as well as any other codes you may have in the future:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 09:20 PM   #6
EndoDoc
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianhinton77 View Post
Not sure if it is a common problem, but one that looks like tank ventilation lines. If you use www.bmwfault.codes, if will give you general information on your code as well as any other codes you may have in the future:
Thank you that helps, just want to make sure I am not just signing up for parts swapping and never really fixing the problem.
Appreciate 0