BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-16-2021, 11:50 PM   #1
08focus1
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Rear wiper delete

Has anyone done a rear wiper delete? I've deleted them on a few Audis I've owned in the past just to clean up the look of the rear. I personally will never use it. Just trying to see what it would take on these cars vs others. I assume it would be as simple as removing the interior trim panel on the rear hatch and removing the motor and arm in order to install a quality plug in the glass. Does anyone know if it would cause any error messages?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2021, 08:33 AM   #2
DenverSteve
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW

Maybe it would work in central California. But it's a blessing anywhere east of where you are. If I wanted to clean up the back, I would just debadge. Also, I would never buy a car that someone deleted any electronic items.
      11-17-2021, 12:58 PM   #3
denniss
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08focus1 View Post
Has anyone done a rear wiper delete? I've deleted them on a few Audis I've owned in the past just to clean up the look of the rear. I personally will never use it. Just trying to see what it would take on these cars vs others. I assume it would be as simple as removing the interior trim panel on the rear hatch and removing the motor and arm in order to install a quality plug in the glass. Does anyone know if it would cause any error messages?
want clean look get x4mc
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 04:14 AM   #4
FBF01
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp

I'd love a rear wiper delete, also coming from Audis, but cant seem to find any companies who make the rubber grommet to replace it with

GONE: RS3 8V FL NARDO GREY STAGE 1
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 09:53 AM   #5
08focus1
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by denniss View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08focus1 View Post
want clean look get x4mc
My two german shepherds hardly fit in my X3MC let alone a X4MC. Lol.
Appreciate 1
denniss391.50