BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-09-2019, 12:09 PM   #45
Scorchio
Rep
Drives: Alpine edition M3

Well after only having the demo for one hour I must say I love it , total Jekyll and Hyde car and a lot of my friends that I sent pics of it were a bit shocked to hear how much power it had .

The sound was a bit disappointing but I guess we can blame the OPF for that and only hope that there is something in the pipeline but I am not holding my breath .
The boss signed off on the sakhir as she even said herself that it was stunning and not “tart red “ , looks like the car we secured is sitting in the compound up here in aberdeen so we should get ours next weekend all going well
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2019, 03:06 PM   #46
kzg1969
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp / M3 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorchio View Post
Well after only having the demo for one hour I must say I love it , total Jekyll and Hyde car and a lot of my friends that I sent pics of it were a bit shocked to hear how much power it had .

The sound was a bit disappointing but I guess we can blame the OPF for that and only hope that there is something in the pipeline but I am not holding my breath .
The boss signed off on the sakhir as she even said herself that it was stunning and not “tart red “ , looks like the car we secured is sitting in the compound up here in aberdeen so we should get ours next weekend all going well
John Clark?

I got a test drive scheduled tomorrow ... was worried 1hour would not be long enough
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 04:49 AM   #47
Abbot26
Private First Class
Wales
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero71 View Post
All of the have access to the same discount though Stratstones was marginally better than my dealer, but they matched it.
Yeah my local dealer “dick Lovett swindon’ wasn’t interested in matching it, best they could do was £679 pm, gave some old spiel about all the low spec cars that would be available for £549 don’t exist
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 06:32 AM   #48
Zero71
👽
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbot26 View Post
Yeah my local dealer “dick Lovett swindon’ wasn’t interested in matching it, best they could do was £679 pm, gave some old spiel about all the low spec cars that would be available for £549 don’t exist
They probably don't have any lower spec left. I ordered mine earlier in the week and it was pretty tricked out. Most of the options are up front rather than the balloon. A high spec for around £650 is still a killer deal.

When I say they matched the deal, it was the basis of the Stratstones deal - APR, dealer and BMW contribution, etc. Then they added on the options and threw in the paint protection.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 06:36 AM   #49
Zero71
👽
Scotland
Rep

I'm collecting in a couple of weeks, towards end of November. 🤩
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 06:41 AM   #50
aliwtsn
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Did they say if the car was in a holding compound in UK? You would think it would just be a case of putting it on a car transporter and up it goes to the dealer...then register and there you go sir
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 07:03 AM   #51
x3mcomp
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbot26 View Post
What spec was that for? They have room to move on that.

Quote:
They probably don't have any lower spec left. I ordered mine earlier in the week and it was pretty tricked out. Most of the options are up front rather than the balloon. A high spec for around £650 is still a killer deal.

When I say they matched the deal, it was the basis of the Stratstones deal - APR, dealer and BMW contribution, etc. Then they added on the options and threw in the paint protection.
I was told there were no lower spec cars in their dealer network. I had no offer of paint protection so I told them not to touch it. The dealer said they literally just unwrapped it and gave it to me. Mats and all were still wrapped in plastic in the boot.

Quote:
Why the wait??

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwtsn View Post
Did they say if the car was in a holding compound in UK? You would think it would just be a case of putting it on a car transporter and up it goes to the dealer...then register and there you go sir
The dealer showed on his screen that mine had arrived at the port and was in storage for 6 days before they marked it as sold. From then the turn around time was 2 days then I collected next day.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 09:10 AM   #52
aliwtsn
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep

Ah ok that explains it, perhaps I should have asked the dealer why is it taking so long. One dealer for the same car said it will be with them by the end of the month and then I changed to a local dealer and they said they "should" get it before Xmas.

I know some car manufacturers have holding compounds in UK and abroad in Zeebrugge in Belgium so I think I'll drop an email to them and find out where it is...
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 09:55 AM   #53
Zero71
👽
Scotland
Rep

@x3mcomp they will have in with them by the end of the week, but I'm not able to get to them until later in the month - I live 250miles away but went with them for personal reasons. I'll take a train down in a couple weeks and enjoy the drive home. Mine is in the UK, dealer will send me photos and a video when they get it.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 04:02 PM   #54
M5 TT
Captain
Scotland
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

I bought mine today, pick it up in 2 weeks (I work away) Got a great deal on a high spec but over 300 miles away. JC Aberdeen did not even reply to my enquiry. Not surprised.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 12:04 AM   #55
aliwtsn
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5 TT View Post
I bought mine today, pick it up in 2 weeks (I work away) Got a great deal on a high spec but over 300 miles away. JC Aberdeen did not even reply to my enquiry. Not surprised.
Nice, congrats!

What spec, colour?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 12:44 AM   #56
M5 TT
Captain
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Nice, congrats!

What spec, colour?

Donington
Sakhir. My M5 had this leather, I really liked it. Wife not so keen
Pan Roof
Comfort Access
Privacy Glass
Heated Seats
Carbon inlays

maybe not that high a spec after all

Pretty much ticks all the boxes for me.
      11-11-2019, 01:15 AM   #57
moff
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X4M Competition

Quote:
Quote:
Nice, congrats!

What spec, colour?

Donington
Pan Roof
Comfort Access
Privacy Glass
Heated Seats
Carbon inlays

Congrats!!

To be fair these things come pretty loaded as stock.

I collect my car on Thursday from Stratstones in Chesterfield -

Toronto Red
Adelaide Grey
Pano roof
Carbon trim
Enhanced BT
Sun Protection Glass
Ventilated Seats

Fairly slim options too.

I'd have liked extended storage and parking assistant plus but I can easily live without them. At minimum I wanted the pano roof and enhanced BT.

Gone: 2019 X3M Competition, Toronto Red, Adelaide Grey.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 01:41 AM   #58
aliwtsn
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Donington
Pan Roof
Comfort Access
Privacy Glass
Heated Seats
Carbon inlays

Nice combo!

I have done it before where I ticked all the boxes for spec, did it on the M6 but tbh I only used 50% of them end up just more buttons of stuff you turn off. Getting the options you require is far more effective rather than 'fully loaded' and not using half of them.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 01:46 AM   #59
aliwtsn
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by moff View Post
Congrats!!

Toronto Red
Adelaide Grey
Pano roof
Carbon trim
Enhanced BT
Sun Protection Glass
Ventilated Seats

Fairly slim options too.

I'd have liked extended storage and parking assistant plus but I can easily live without them. At minimum I wanted the pano roof and enhanced BT.
Be interesting to see the difference in quality the enhanced bluetooth has on the HK system when streaming music rather than USB (knowing hardwired is always the best or FLAC/Hi res Audio). I went for that but more the wireless charging part so there isn't cables coming out the glovebox like my car has just now
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 02:55 AM   #60
aliwtsn
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep

Ah, my car is on the ship over to UK , hence why I can't get it very soon

Last edited by aliwtsn; 11-11-2019 at 03:07 AM..
Appreciate 1
moff1362.50
      11-11-2019, 06:59 AM   #61
Craig 1527
Craig
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: x3m comp

Collection day friday
X3mcomp what are your thoughts on car after the first few days ?

Last edited by Craig 1527; 11-11-2019 at 08:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 07:28 AM   #62
M5 TT
Captain
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Nice combo!

I have done it before where I ticked all the boxes for spec, did it on the M6 but tbh I only used 50% of them end up just more buttons of stuff you turn off. Getting the options you require is far more effective rather than 'fully loaded' and not using half of them.

thanks.

Yeah I agree. I had an RS6 with every option apart from ceramics (including TV) but never really used the 1/2 of it. Seems great when buying but pretty much a wate of cash
      11-11-2019, 02:02 PM   #63
x3mcomp
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig 1527 View Post
Collection day friday
X3mcomp what are your thoughts on car after the first few days ?
Loving it so far! Such an upgrade over the M140i, but also much bigger! I'll do a thorough write up when I've covered 500+ miles and again after the run in when I can give it some beans. Initial impressions are that yes it is stiff but that is to be expected for an M car, however, I don't find it much different in terms of comfort from the passive setup on the M140i. Unsure how much the tyres are making a difference in overall feel as mine is fitted with the Continental's as apposed to the Michelin's I've seen on other cars. I do think the car needs a bit more exhaust sound, you can hear its got the potential to sound amazing but it is muted by the filters. No pops/bangs/burbles as of yet, which is disappointing as my M140i did all of that. Really impressed by the overall handling of the car, but I have not pushed it at all, maybe being a bit too cautious during the running-in period, I even managed 26mpg on my commute earlier this week! Very unlikely to see above that I think. Most importantly, my better half is comfortable driving it and feels safer than in the M140i. Looking forward to seeing yours/hearing your thoughts.
Appreciate 1
      11-11-2019, 02:05 PM   #64
x3mcomp
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Be interesting to see the difference in quality the enhanced bluetooth has on the HK system when streaming music rather than USB (knowing hardwired is always the best or FLAC/Hi res Audio). I went for that but more the wireless charging part so there isn't cables coming out the glovebox like my car has just now
Maybe I've been living in a box but really enjoying wireless charging! Audio quality is okay and I'm making sure I am thoroughly breaking in the speakers.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 02:07 PM   #65
x3mcomp
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by moff View Post
Congrats!!

Toronto Red
Adelaide Grey
Pano roof
Carbon trim
Enhanced BT
Sun Protection Glass
Ventilated Seats

Fairly slim options too.

I don't have the PA+ and I definitely won't miss it as going from only rear sensors on the old car to all-round sensors, plus a camera, which is a massive step up for me! Looking forward to seeing pics!
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 02:09 PM   #66
x3mcomp
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Donington
Pan Roof
Comfort Access
Privacy Glass
Heated Seats
Carbon inlays

Keen to hear your thoughts after seeing your car history! Congrats!
Appreciate 0