BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-06-2019, 02:26 PM   #1
x3mcomp
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

(UK) X3M Competition Inbound! (Pics added)

Made a deal to trade in my M140i this week for an X3M Competition in Donington Grey (quick thinking on the username). This will be my first M car and first SUV. The M140i has been great and I will miss it dearly however with my other half having a big family I now often have to make space for passengers (something the 3dr M140i struggled with).

I am disappointed in the knowledge that the OPF will detract from the S58 soundtrack. My brother also owns an M140i and he has the OPF, there is a significant difference between his car and my pre-OPF car. Hoping there will be a "warranty friendly" option available soon. What do the UK owners here think of the noise?

I will be posting pictures when I collect the car on Friday!

Last edited by x3mcomp; 11-08-2019 at 04:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 02:50 PM   #2
aliwtsn
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by x3mcomp View Post
Made a deal to trade in my M140i this week for an X3M Competition in Donington Grey (quick thinking on the username). This will be my first M car and first SUV. The M140i has been great and I will miss it dearly however with my other half having a big family I now often have to make space for passengers (something the 3dr M140i struggled with).

I am disappointed in the knowledge that the OPF will detract from the S58 soundtrack. My brother also owns an M140i and he has the OPF, there is a significant difference between his car and my pre-OPF car. Hoping there will be a "warranty friendly" option available soon. What do the UK owners here think of the noise?

I will be posting pictures when I collect the car on Friday!
Congrats on the car, great colour that would be my other choice .....
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 03:14 PM   #3
x3mcomp
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwtsn View Post

Congrats on the car, great colour that would be my other choice .....
What colour do you want? Is that an M6 I spy in your pic? Love the M6!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 03:29 PM   #4
aliwtsn
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
What colour do you want? Is that an M6 I spy in your pic? Love the M6!
Probably going to go for Metallic black, my daily car is an S5 Sportback and it's blue so don't fancy another blue car, I thought about Sophisto grey as initially I liked it but test drove an X4M Comp in that colour and either the light didn't do it justice or something but it wasn't for me. Black with a ceramic coating will be the one I think, can't find a donington grey with the spec I am after.

Yes, sadly I don't have the M6 anymore but was over 2 years of pleasure driving that! Kids come along so had to go. Went back to Audi hence the S5 SB then decided I needed another M car so back on this forum
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 03:30 PM   #5
MMJD
Private
Rep
Drives: M4 YAS BLUE

Congratulations on your X3M!

I’ve come form M140i pre OPF, then M4 pre OPF and looking to order an X3M over the next week as I now have a small person in the family to think of. Like you I will miss the pops and gurgles.

The M4 is a great car, I don’t have to sell, but I feel that the practicality and the power of the X3M is a nice downgrade/upgrade, however you think of it.

At the moment I’m looking at either black/black or donington/black or grey with extras to around £81k.

There are some fantastic offer, the best I’ve had back so far from my preferred dealer is over 17% discount + the FS, bring it to around £23k discount from list @ 2.9%.

Look forward to seeing some pictures of yours.

MJD
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 04:00 PM   #6
x3mcomp
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Probably going to go for Metallic black, my daily car is an S5 Sportback and it's blue so don't fancy another blue car, I thought about Sophisto grey as initially I liked it but test drove an X4M Comp in that colour and either the light didn't do it justice or something but it wasn't for me. Black with a ceramic coating will be the one I think, can't find a donington grey with the spec I am after.

Yes, sadly I don't have the M6 anymore but was over 2 years of pleasure driving that! Kids come along so had to go. Went back to Audi hence the S5 SB then decided I needed another M car so back on this forum
I've only ever had black or blue cars so the grey will be a nice change. I was lucky to find one with the options I wanted.

I was toying with the idea of a 2015+ M6 but couldn't bring myself to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMJD View Post

I've come form M140i pre OPF, then M4 pre OPF and looking to order an X3M over the next week as I now have a small person in the family to think of. Like you I will miss the pops and gurgles.

The M4 is a great car, I don't have to sell, but I feel that the practicality and the power of the X3M is a nice downgrade/upgrade, however you think of it.

At the moment I'm looking at either black/black or donington/black or grey with extras to around £81k.

There are some fantastic offer, the best I've had back so far from my preferred dealer is over 17% discount + the FS, bring it to around £23k discount from list @ 2.9%.

MJD
I've gone Donington with black, thought about the orange but unsure if I could live with it. I wasn't too keen on the grey leather though. Think my list price was £5 under £80k.

Sounds like you've been offered a good discount. I had some negative equity to clear on my M140i which ate into my deposit unfortunately.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 04:12 PM   #7
aliwtsn
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep

Quote:

I’ve come form M140i pre OPF, then M4 pre OPF and looking to order an X3M over the next week as I now have a small person in the family to think of. Like you I will miss the pops and gurgles.

The M4 is a great car, I don’t have to sell, but I feel that the practicality and the power of the X3M is a nice downgrade/upgrade, however you think of it.

At the moment I’m looking at either black/black or donington/black or grey with extras to around £81k.

There are some fantastic offer, the best I’ve had back so far from my preferred dealer is over 17% discount + the FS, bring it to around £23k discount from list @ 2.9%.

MJD
Just done a quick check and my current figures are sitting at a £23k discount also ....
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 04:21 PM   #8
MMJD
Private
Rep
Drives: M4 YAS BLUE

Quote:
Just done a quick check and my current figures are sitting at a £23k discount also ....
Seems to be the offer on the table at the moment! They will drop to 0% but then they won’t include the larger contribution.

Like you I have some negative, approximately £4.5k which my dealer will also clear 75% of.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 04:45 PM   #9
moff
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X4M Competition

More X3M’s!!

Congrats.

I collect my Toronto red and grey next week, I went loud!

Will get some pics up on Thursday.

Now got to find a dealer with a kind RIS price and work out how to make the car louder!

Gone: 2019 X3M Competition, Toronto Red, Adelaide Grey.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 07:25 AM   #10
dylan1357
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M Comp

Garage List
On the exhaust note...

I'm still pre 1200 mile service, so haven't revved it hard, from what I've heard it sounds pretty tame...however my wife thinks it sounds ridiculous compared to my S4...

I had acoustic glass on the S4, but the X3 seems to have better insulation and maybe glass. So, I hear nothing most the time, but outside I believe it's making quite a bit of noise.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 11:07 AM   #11
Zero71
👽
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3MC

Congrats! I've just placed an order for a UK stock car on those crazy deals they are offering right now. Cancelled my 30D order (which was due next week!).
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 11:59 AM   #12
x3mcomp
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan1357 View Post
On the exhaust note...

I'm still pre 1200 mile service, so haven't revved it hard, from what I've heard it sounds pretty tame...however my wife thinks it sounds ridiculous compared to my S4...

I had acoustic glass on the S4, but the X3 seems to have better insulation and maybe glass. So, I hear nothing most the time, but outside I believe it's making quite a bit of noise.
I'll be gutted if it's not as loud as my M140i.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 12:01 PM   #13
x3mcomp
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero71 View Post
Congrats! I've just placed an order for a UK stock car on those crazy deals they are offering right now. Cancelled my 30D order (which was due next week!).
Nice! When do you collect yours?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 12:03 PM   #14
x3mcomp
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by moff View Post
More X3M's!!

Congrats.

I collect my Toronto red and grey next week, I went loud!

Will get some pics up on Thursday.

Now got to find a dealer with a kind RIS price and work out how to make the car louder!
Wow that is a loud colour, looking forward to seeing the pictures.
Appreciate 1
moff1361.00
      11-07-2019, 01:54 PM   #15
aliwtsn
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Seems to be the offer on the table at the moment! They will drop to 0% but then they won’t include the larger contribution.

Like you I have some negative, approximately £4.5k which my dealer will also clear 75% of.
Nearly a done deal for me now managed a little more discount. Didn't have an existing car to trade in or clear neg equity so should be straight forward......thing is I won't be back in the country until mid December so will have to be a nice Xmas present for me once ceramic coated
Appreciate 2
moff1361.00
      11-07-2019, 02:20 PM   #16
moff
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X4M Competition

Quote:
Quote:

Nearly a done deal for me now managed a little more discount. Didn't have an existing car to trade in or clear neg equity so should be straight forward......thing is I won't be back in the country until mid December so will have to be a nice Xmas present for me once ceramic coated
Excellent work

Gone: 2019 X3M Competition, Toronto Red, Adelaide Grey.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 04:52 PM   #17
Zero71
👽
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Nice! When do you collect yours?
Not sure. All approved and reserved today. Hoping to hear from dealer tomorrow on a date and pick out reg. Hopefully soon. 🤩
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 03:28 AM   #18
aliwtsn
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Not sure. All approved and reserved today. Hoping to hear from dealer tomorrow on a date and pick out reg. Hopefully soon. 🤩
Congrats! Which colour combo did you opt for?
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 04:40 AM   #19
Zero71
👽
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Congrats! Which colour combo did you opt for?
I wanted the Pano roof, so that restricted me to a near fully loaded Donington Grey (which was my preferred colour) with Adelaide Grey interior (which I am OK with, but would have preferred Orange or Tartufo). Super excited as I was supposed to be collecting a 30D next week until the crazy deals appeared.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 04:55 AM   #20
aliwtsn
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
I wanted the Pano roof, so that restricted me to a near fully loaded Donington Grey (which was my preferred colour) with Adelaide Grey interior (which I am OK with, but would have preferred Orange or Tartufo). Super excited as I was supposed to be collecting a 30D next week until the crazy deals appeared.
Nice choice , I test drove a car with the Sakhir interior and liked it alot but wasn't sure if it would keep growing on me or then think 6 months down hmmn why did I go for this again....

Ha, that was a turn up for the books with the existing order I think alot will be in the same shoes as you but ideal timing
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 05:19 AM   #21
Zero71
👽
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Nice choice , I test drove a car with the Sakhir interior and liked it alot but wasn't sure if it would keep growing on me or then think 6 months down hmmn why did I go for this again....

Ha, that was a turn up for the books with the existing order I think alot will be in the same shoes as you but ideal timing
Yeah. More than I planned to spend - would have been happy to lose the DA+ and Comfort, but nice to have.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 05:21 AM   #22
Zero71
👽
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
What are you getting?
Appreciate 0