BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-14-2021, 09:36 AM   #265
f82fanatic
Major
Rep
Drives: iX

And another BG! Congrats on the build!
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 09:37 AM   #266
cbpdpm
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Comp Xdrive Conv

Harmon Kardon/Wireless charging not available on 22s?

Just got off the phone with BMW Genius.
Good news: My build scheduled to start 7/25.
Bad news: He stated no Harmon Kardon or Wireless charging on 22s.
My build sheet printed on 7/12 at dealership shows wireless charger under Executive package. Website shows HK as standard feature.
If these features are absent, should we be compensated? Or, should I just try to cancel order?
Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 10:03 AM   #267
taxibummin
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC BGM & Sakhir

Congrats on the build. Mine is the same minus the driving assistance and I totally didn't add 1CR Remote Engine Start to my build as I thought it was going to be standard on these vehicles. Have to reach out now and add that before it's too late.

It's still possible to change options as long as the vehicle isn't in production right?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 10:11 AM   #268
taxibummin
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC BGM & Sakhir

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbpdpm View Post
My build sheet printed on 7/12 at dealership shows wireless charger under Executive package. Website shows HK as standard feature.
If these features are absent, should we be compensated? Or, should I just try to cancel order?
Thanks in advance.
Weird, my build sheet doesn't have wireless charger under executive package or anywhere else.
The Harman Kardon is an option for the 2022 X3's so I don't see why they can't be added to the XM3/4?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 10:17 AM   #269
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:
Thanks in advance.
No way! Don't cancel now because you are missing these two options!
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 10:19 AM   #270
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

My car entered production and I have a VIN!

Week 31 people, Christmas came early 😃😃😃

For all of those who want to make changes, do them right away
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 10:46 AM   #271
X3MCRN
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC

Quote:
Thanks in advance.
I'm very particular and while the HK system may not be the best, it's better than the base and it's seriously making me wonder if I want to even go through with the build myself at this point. Yes, I like shiny new things, but it's shameful to have a great high end vehicle with a sound system than was barely acceptable to me in my 328 several years back. I asked if they would substitute Bowers into the car and was told no. What irks me most is that BMW does a press release in June stating the standard HK and a month later, no order guide and a dumbed down X3M. Maybe I'll finance my current lease in December when the lease is up and trade it when they get their shit together next year but I'm unsure how that would work on the trade, so likely I'll go with a semi-welfare X3M
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 11:18 AM   #272
ChipC
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 340iRN View Post
I'm very particular and while the HK system may not be the best, it's better than the base and it's seriously making me wonder if I want to even go through with the build myself at this point. Yes, I like shiny new things, but it's shameful to have a great high end vehicle with a sound system than was barely acceptable to me in my 328 several years back. I asked if they would substitute Bowers into the car and was told no. What irks me most is that BMW does a press release in June stating the standard HK and a month later, no order guide and a dumbed down X3M. Maybe I'll finance my current lease in December when the lease is up and trade it when they get their shit together next year but I'm unsure how that would work on the trade, so likely I'll go with a semi-welfare X3M
On your lease, you may want to contact BMWFS and see if they will extend it for a period of time (3 or 6 months) until you can find the right X3 to lease. They were willing to do that for me in May of 2020 until I could find an X3M. I was at the end of my lease of an 2017 X5 M50i. They just extended my same payment for those months.

I think that would be better than financing the payoff which may have you upside down (depending on the used market at the time) and require cash out during the trade.

Just something to think about.
Appreciate 1
X3MCRN175.50
      07-14-2021, 11:33 AM   #273
Tim@codemybimmer
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M Competition F98 LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by f82fanatic View Post

Congrats! I'm still thinking if I should switch out to CF or Piano Black Wood from the Open-Pored Wood they now offer on it.

Quote:
Are you sure its on the X3/X4Ms as well OR only for the 30i and M40i?

I did note they removed HK as an option on the models where it's optional, while kept them when it's spec'd as standard, which is the case for the X3/4M.

Wireless charging however i understand, since I've seen someone's order on a X6 where it says "Deletion of wireless charging and wifi hotspot"
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 11:34 AM   #274
JP30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '21 X3M Comp

That would be very disappointing if no wireless charging or HK sound on new builds. Time will tell over the next few weeks
It's interesting how much confusion and unknowns there are right now with no official order guide, etc
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 11:40 AM   #275
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim@codemybimmer View Post
Quote:

Congrats! I'm still thinking if I should switch out to CF or Piano Black Wood from the Open-Pored Wood they now offer on it.

Quote:

I did note they removed HK as an option on the models where it's optional, while kept them when it's spec'd as standard, which is the case for the X3/4M.

Wireless charging however i understand, since I've seen someone's order on a X6 where it says "Deletion of wireless charging and wifi hotspot"
Just talked to BMWNA. HK and wireless charging "turned off" for all X3Ms 2022. We'll get a credit for it.

Also talked to my CA. He told me he just built an M8 with wireless charger deletion. If he doesn't have it, you can bet your behinds that we don't either 🤣
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 12:47 PM   #276
danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 F97 X3M Comp LCI

Garage List
apparently we’re not getting floor mats because of the chip shortage.

whatever. going full YOLO with this build. i’ll take what i can get.
BMW MY06 E46 325XI - GONE
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 01:55 PM   #277
wifesnewbmw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 3 series 328Xi

340iRN: depends how nice you want to be with deletions! There should be an automatic (don't laugh) deduction since the HK and wireless are not available - but your dealer may try to "forget" about these. Moreover, I would let the car come in and then negotiate down - no matter what - with dealer. First for the deductions (HK and wireless)...and then...since this is not the car you ordered - negotiate a further reduction - and if requirement - upgrade the audio yourself with the extra savings. I'm generally sympathetic towards the dealer - they can't be happy about what's going on
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 01:58 PM   #278
wifesnewbmw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 3 series 328Xi

jp30: Official guide - can change and be updated anytime! It's in the fine print somewhere. So not sure trying to hold to that has any relationship with manufacturing components in Germany! Anyone disagree?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 02:48 PM   #279
cbpdpm
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Comp Xdrive Conv

Quote:
Just talked to BMWNA. HK and wireless charging "turned off" for all X3Ms 2022. We'll get a credit for it.

Also talked to my CA. He told me he just built an M8 with wireless charger deletion. If he doesn't have it, you can bet your behinds that we don't either 🤣
Thanks for all the input. I guess I'll wait until car is delivered and the decide on the amount of credit offered. I understand the supply constraints. I asked the sales mgr when he put the order in the system if there were any supply constraints and he assured me there weren't any. Additionally, the executive package I ordered lists wireless charging on the build sheet. I may decline the vehicle when it is delivered. My situation is complicated by the fact that I pre-traded my current car to capture sales tax credit.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 03:00 PM   #280
X3MCRN
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifesnewbmw View Post
340iRN: depends how nice you want to be with deletions! There should be an automatic (don't laugh) deduction since the HK and wireless are not available - but your dealer may try to "forget" about these. Moreover, I would let the car come in and then negotiate down - no matter what - with dealer. First for the deductions (HK and wireless)...and then...since this is not the car you ordered - negotiate a further reduction - and if requirement - upgrade the audio yourself with the extra savings. I'm generally sympathetic towards the dealer - they can't be happy about what's going on
Yeah, I did say to him I'm interested in what the discount for the deletions will be. I don't mind upgrading the system but I'm only leasing so it seems likely I won't as I'd have to make it stock at the end.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 03:09 PM   #281
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for all the input. I guess I'll wait until car is delivered and the decide on the amount of credit offered. I understand the supply constraints. I asked the sales mgr when he put the order in the system if there were any supply constraints and he assured me there weren't any. Additionally, the executive package I ordered lists wireless charging on the build sheet. I may decline the vehicle when it is delivered. My situation is complicated by the fact that I pre-traded my current car to capture sales tax credit.
The BMWNA person had a list with all the missing features per model. The X3M was on that list as affected for 2022. None of these X3Ms were getting HK or wireless per the last list.

My CA mentioned the credit would be something along the lines of $750, but cannot confirm yet. In a few days he'll have my VIN in the system and he can check.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 03:31 PM   #282
Baylorguy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: On Order: 2022 X3M, ZCP, Exec

Quote:

Congrats! You are ahead of me, I still show scheduled.
Appreciate 1
f82fanatic1043.00
      07-14-2021, 03:33 PM   #283
V8MAN
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 M3CxD IOMG

Wow, no HK now?....that is just about a deal breaker for me, BMW base systems are junk, heck the HK system is not exactly great but at least better than the base. Unfortunately, having an acceptable stereo system in my car is important to me, even more so at this price point.

I can always upgrade the system and put in new speakers, amp, etc, but that is not going to be cheap and I dont particularly want someone taking my brand new car interior apart...

I guess I am going to have to start looking at the '21 or '22 Macan GTS more seriously; I really liked what the X3M C was offering for the cost, so I will hold tight until this infamous order guide is out to make my final decision. I am now beginning to regret selling my F80 M3...fck.

Quote:
The BMWNA person had a list with all the missing features per model. The X3M was on that list as affected for 2022. None of these X3Ms were getting HK or wireless per the last list.

My CA mentioned the credit would be something along the lines of $750, but cannot confirm yet. In a few days he'll have my VIN in the system and he can check.

Last edited by V8MAN; 07-14-2021 at 06:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 03:37 PM   #284
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylorguy View Post
Quote:

Congrats! You are ahead of me, I still show scheduled.
You'll be up soon!

I'm slated for completion on August 2nd.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 05:12 PM   #285
X3MCRN
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim@codemybimmer View Post
Quote:

Quote:

I'm also pissed about the laser adaptive lights which are also lauded in press releases and suddenly not available. Why even release a car if they can't back up their press releases?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 05:21 PM   #286
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Interesting that if you build one with Exec pkg (ZPX) cost shows as $3,650 and the moonroof is listed. But if you add the M Driver's Package (7ME), the cost drops the exact same amount as it did on our 2020 builds by $1,200 to show $2,450, but the Moonroof is still showing as listed.

Both of those can't be true. So despite what Genius and BMWNA are saying, as others have said until we see the ordering guides and the site up, have to think this is all speculation.

Lack of HK Surround Sound and ability to delete pano from Exec with 7ME as we did with the 2020 X3MC will def be a no for us on this round, so hopefully we'll get actual details soon.
Appreciate 0