BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-03-2020, 12:38 PM   #1
billy2shots
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X4

2 X4 = gr8

Excuse the title, my attempt at being clever.

Just joined this great site as a new owner. A quick recap of my last week and an explanation of the thread title.

After 6 years of rolling around in a family wagon I well and truly got the earge to change cars. It was actually a 1 series that ticked all my boxes in the form of the M135i. I secured a deal for a factory order with 18% off list. The forms were sent and the deposit was requested. I sat on them for 5 days though as something didn't feel right.

It's not uncommon for my dad and me to change cars at the same time. When one of us starts 'shopping' the other gets caught up in the fun. Whilst looking and driving M135i's Pops got to liking the X4 M40i. We had the keys to a test drive car for an hour and, well the M135i didn't tick all my boxes anymore.

3 days later I was sat with my old man at his house with mobile phone blowing up with calls and emails. I was negotiating on 4 different cars. It was quickly narrowed down to a grey, red and blue all in the same spec. M sport pack and tech pack, pre registered all with less than 8 miles on the clock. Pops wanted red or grey and I wanted red or blue.
I agreed a price on the red and paid a deposit, Pops suddenly went off grey so I ended up buying the blue and I gave him the red. Both secured at exactly the same price. 34% off full list which we were happy with.

On Wednesday we traveled 400 miles to Blackpool to collect his then stopped at Manchester for mine on the way back.

Awesome cars! Both loving them so far.
I just carried out a very quick basic wash to get 5 hours of rainy motorway crud off of my car but will give it the full treatment soon.

Looking forward to learning a lot from you knowledgeable guys and gals.

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 1
sinbad4782.50
      07-03-2020, 12:57 PM   #2
BMWZ4
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X1/'23 Allroad Progressiv

Great story & congrats on the new vehicles! Love the Phytonic, used to own Phytonic on Red/Black. Good post title btw! Enjoy the ride(s)!
'11 Z4 30i (retired);'11 X3 28i (retired); '15 M235i Stage 1 Dinan (recalled & crushed); '16 M235i Stage 3 Dinan (retired); '15 X3 28i (retired); '14 328i (retired), 2019 X3M40i (retired); Loaded '18 X1 (retired); Loaded '20 X3MC DG, Black/Tan Merino (retired); Loaded '23 X1 Cape York green and Red/Black interior; '23 Audi A4 Allroad Progressiv
Appreciate 0