BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-04-2019, 08:51 PM   #1
Bryabee3
F80_F85_F90_F98
United_States
Rep
Drives: Current: F90|F98 Past: F80|F85

Garage List
2018 Bmw m3 f80  [0.00]
BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I see Eisenmann is almost complete with there exhaust system.
But so far I've found just two full systems which include downpipe and mid/center pipes.
1. Manhart
2. Supersprint.
Both reputable but I have never had any hands on real world experience with either company. I've never even seen one in person.
The Manhart one looks enticing though. Here's a couple pics.
Thoughts?
I already ordered the SuperSprint DP they Turner MS.
The last two pics is the Manhart system. The first few are SuperSprint system piece by piece.
Attached Images

Last edited by Bryabee3; 12-04-2019 at 09:01 PM..
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12915.50
      12-04-2019, 09:36 PM   #2
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

I would do Supersprint.
It has been around longer and known brand, some other company uses them to manufacture.
The only thing I don't like:
- Their clamping design
- Price point for its quality
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 09:38 PM   #3
Turbo1204
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Garage List
2024 bmw   [0.00]
Well I got word that AWE is not in the works yet for an exhaust and it might change in the future. Bmw might reveal an M performance one next year. Akrapovic is working on one according to other members on this forum. I heard glimpses of the supersprint and it sounds promising. Eisenmann sounds fantastic and might be to loud for me. I think I'm pulling the trigger on akra or super. I guess whichever is available first in the US. For me the valve control is vital. I need to control the sound.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 10:18 PM   #4
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Meisterschaft is also working on one... And so does AC Schnitzer...
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 11:19 PM   #5
Bryabee3
F80_F85_F90_F98
United_States
Rep
Drives: Current: F90|F98 Past: F80|F85

Garage List
2018 Bmw m3 f80  [0.00]
Nice thanks for the update fellas. @r33_RGSport clamping design? Meaning a clamp connects the two pipes which are the same diameter? They don’t slide into each other like a Male/Female sleeve? Or am I totally off?
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12915.50
      12-04-2019, 11:59 PM   #6
MrItaly
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M Competition

I spent the better part of a day at the supersprint headquarters last Friday and got a tour of their factory from the owner. I did not go with their cat-less downpipe but chose their high flow stainless steel catalytic converter downpipe. Stock primary cat on this car is ceramic 600 cells per inch: their's is 200 cells per inch stainless manufactured by a company called HJS in Germany. Their solution did not require me to have the catalytic converter alarms coded out of the engine like you have to do with downpipes. Their cat works well enough to not trigger the errors. And it still frees up the exhaust significantly. The owner is really honest. In the end he reccomended I only change that primary cat and leave everything else stock. He gave bmw credit for a well built exhaust, and this one exhaust mod I did has resulted in a louder, deeper, and better performing exhaust. He also said changing additional components wouldn't really improve performance but would just result it it being louder with a change in pitch. My tuner said the exact same thing. It is my theory that our stock resonator is responsible for significantly lowering the tone of our engine. Acce98 in the forum here introduced me to SuperSprint after he had deleted his secondary cat/opf(they're housed in a single unit in Europe, whereas that same sized unit had only a secondary cat in us spec cars) and resonator (via H-pipe) leaving his primary cat and tailpipes stock. The result is a car that's louder than mine overall (and mine is by no means quiet with the valves open) but higher pitched and much more metallic sounding. You've got to be careful with this six cylinder's sound. I was going to delete my secondary cat and resonator next but called them back and canceled the order. For me, it's perfect now as-is with just the primary cat swap.And the performance? Well, see my other post here about the 612hp beast.......

Last edited by MrItaly; 12-05-2019 at 12:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 05:23 AM   #7
pluckydks
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 M3 ZCP, 2020 X3MC

I had Supersprint on my E30 and I loved it
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 07:04 AM   #8
Turbo1204
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 bmw   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrItaly View Post
I spent the better part of a day at the supersprint headquarters last Friday and got a tour of their factory from the owner. I did not go with their cat-less downpipe but chose their high flow stainless steel catalytic converter downpipe. Stock primary cat on this car is ceramic 600 cells per inch: their's is 200 cells per inch stainless manufactured by a company called HJS in Germany. Their solution did not require me to have the catalytic converter alarms coded out of the engine like you have to do with downpipes. Their cat works well enough to not trigger the errors. And it still frees up the exhaust significantly. The owner is really honest. In the end he reccomended I only change that primary cat and leave everything else stock. He gave bmw credit for a well built exhaust, and this one exhaust mod I did has resulted in a louder, deeper, and better performing exhaust. He also said changing additional components wouldn't really improve performance but would just result it it being louder with a change in pitch. My tuner said the exact same thing. It is my theory that our stock resonator is responsible for significantly lowering the tone of our engine. Acce98 in the forum here introduced me to SuperSprint after he had deleted his secondary cat/opf(they're housed in a single unit in Europe, whereas that same sized unit had only a secondary cat in us spec cars) and resonator (via H-pipe) leaving his primary cat and tailpipes stock. The result is a car that's louder than mine overall (and mine is by no means quiet with the valves open) but higher pitched and much more metallic sounding. You've got to be careful with this six cylinder's sound. I was going to delete my secondary cat and resonator next but called them back and canceled the order. For me, it's perfect now as-is with just the primary cat swap.And the performance? Well, see my other post here about the 612hp beast.......
So because I had a non resonated exhaust on my m3 which was full cat back. It consisted of secondary cat and resonator delete. Stock Downpipes and valve control muffler. It sounded fantastic. Your car sounds great. Wish I could hear it in person. I feel like I will go the full cat back non resonated system from supersprint. The total cost I confirmed is about $4000 with tax. I'm waiting for USA shipment since they do not ship internationally.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 09:53 AM   #9
MrItaly
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo0823 View Post
So because I had a non resonated exhaust on my m3 which was full cat back. It consisted of secondary cat and resonator delete. Stock Downpipes and valve control muffler. It sounded fantastic. Your car sounds great. Wish I could hear it in person. I feel like I will go the full cat back non resonated system from supersprint. The total cost I confirmed is about $4000 with tax. I'm waiting for USA shipment since they do not ship internationally.
You may wish to rethink that strategy. The setup you are proposing sounds identical to axce98's current configuration which he wants to change. I had a good chat with the owner of SuperSprint this afternoon about acce98's mettalic sound issue. The owner says the straight pipe run after the primary cat all the way to the tailpipes is too long a straight pipe to avoid introducing a mettallic sound (ubdesireable-trust me, I've heard it). He reccomends their resonator as a secondary cat delete instead of a straight pipe there to help sort the sound out. You may want to research this some more with your sources and see what they think.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 11:25 AM   #10
Turbo1204
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 bmw   [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
You may wish to rethink that strategy. The setup you are proposing sounds identical to axce98's current configuration which he wants to change. I had a good chat with the owner of SuperSprint this afternoon about acce98's mettalic sound issue. The owner says the straight pipe run after the primary cat all the way to the tailpipes is too long a straight pipe to avoid introducing a mettallic sound (ubdesireable-trust me, I've heard it). He reccomends their resonator as a secondary cat delete instead of a straight pipe there to help sort the sound out. You may want to research this some more with your sources and see what they think.
That's good to know . I thought if I kept the Downpipes perhaps will prevent that loud raspy sound. I figured the H pipe will help. Maybe I might just go h pipe and their muffler system and keep the cats. Or just wait for akra. They always have that deep rumble sound.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 11:41 AM   #11
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryabee3 View Post
Nice thanks for the update fellas. @r33_RGSport clamping design? Meaning a clamp connects the two pipes which are the same diameter? They don’t slide into each other like a Male/Female sleeve? Or am I totally off?
It is their design that they have been using for years.
So far I haven't seen any fail yet, but it doesn't close out the gap as much as a clamp band.
If you see in the picture, I circled them out.
They uses a welded ring where the bolt goes through to tighten the slitted pipe.

Name:  E72CB0B1-46F2-45FF-91DC-4F8FE3930F68.jpeg
Views: 1609
Size:  41.6 KB
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 11:43 AM   #12
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Meisterschaft is also working on one... And so does AC Schnitzer...
Good luck with getting the product out of Meisterschaft.
Last time I heard, it take almost a year to take delivery.

AC Schnitzer, most likely either SuperSprint or Remus with AC Schnitzer tips on them.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 12:56 PM   #13
pluckydks
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Good luck with getting the product out of Meisterschaft.
Last time I heard, it take almost a year to take delivery.

AC Schnitzer, most likely either SuperSprint or Remus with AC Schnitzer tips on them.
From what I remember, AC Schnitzer uses Remus, never heard that they use SuperSprint.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12915.50
      12-05-2019, 12:59 PM   #14
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluckydks View Post
From what I remember, AC Schnitzer uses Remus, never heard that they use SuperSprint.
Depending on vehicle application.
I noticed that for F15/F16 X5/X6, they were using SuperSprint.

For G30 5-series and F90 M5, they are using Remus.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 01:16 PM   #15
MrItaly
Major
Rep

Quote:
That's good to know . I thought if I kept the Downpipes perhaps will prevent that loud raspy sound. I figured the H pipe will help. Maybe I might just go h pipe and their muffler system and keep the cats. Or just wait for akra. They always have that deep rumble sound.
SuperSprint owner did not reccomend swapping our mufflers for his. He said ours are already quite good. I highly reccomend swapping the primary cat for their stainless steel free flow version like I did. More sound and the single most influential piece to better performance (if you don't have an opf to delete too)
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 07:21 AM   #16
Turbo1204
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 bmw   [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
SuperSprint owner did not reccomend swapping our mufflers for his. He said ours are already quite good. I highly reccomend swapping the primary cat for their stainless steel free flow version like I did. More sound and the single most influential piece to better performance (if you don't have an opf to delete too)
Do you recommend perhaps to change the primary cats as u advise and put h pipe as well???
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 08:47 AM   #17
MrItaly
Major
Rep

Quote:
Do you recommend perhaps to change the primary cats as u advise and put h pipe as well???
I was going to delete secondary cat (straight pipe) and resonator ( H pipe) like ace, but I've gotten to hear my car more now from outside with just the stainless primary cat swap, and it's actually where I need it to be for a daily driver. I've reached personal exhaust nirvana for my DD with this setup. Now, if it were just a weekend. car.......... But seriously, some may want it louder than mine. If you do, I would still reccomend the stainless cat primary like mine with a SS resonator midpipe (not a straight pipe) and their H pipe and leave the factory tailpipes. That would be my louder reccomendation, although I'm sure other brands will also offer good solutions depending on your individual taste.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2021, 08:29 PM   #18
LimeRock
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW & Porsche

Quote:
I was going to delete secondary cat (straight pipe) and resonator ( H pipe) like ace, but I've gotten to hear my car more now from outside with just the stainless primary cat swap, and it's actually where I need it to be for a daily driver. I've reached personal exhaust nirvana for my DD with this setup. Now, if it were just a weekend. car.......... But seriously, some may want it louder than mine. If you do, I would still reccomend the stainless cat primary like mine with a SS resonator midpipe (not a straight pipe) and their H pipe and leave the factory tailpipes. That would be my louder reccomendation, although I'm sure other brands will also offer good solutions depending on your individual taste.
I would also like to swap the primary cat / downpipes as you have, but I am hesitant to tune the car for warranty concerns...assuming you are not on a stock tune?
Appreciate 1
ando2000.50
      02-04-2021, 08:44 PM   #19
pluckydks
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weissach View Post
I would also like to swap the primary cat / downpipes as you have, but I am hesitant to tune the car for warranty concerns...assuming you are not on a stock tune?
He doesn't have the X3M anymore so I don't know if he'll see this or reply, I'll answer for him though. No, he wasn't on stock tune. He had a tune in Italy, it got wiped at the dealer here in the States, then got another tune here.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2021, 08:49 PM   #20
LimeRock
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW & Porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluckydks View Post
He doesn't have the X3M anymore so I don't know if he'll see this or reply, I'll answer for him though. No, he wasn't on stock tune. He had a tune in Italy, it got wiped at the dealer here in the States, then got another tune here.
Great, thanks, I appreciate the reply
Appreciate 0