BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
XBimmers | BMW X3 Forum BMW X3 and X4 Forums | F25 (2011 - 2017) | F26 (2014 - Current) Second Generation BMW X3 (F25) General Forum N55 engine noise

07-11-2019, 09:09 PM   #1
luisavila
Rep
Drives: X3 F25

N55 engine noise

Hello good night, if someone has any ideas that may have happened.(I attach videos)

I got that noise after about 50 km of having changed a spark plug, all that noise to disappear after 150 km(1.5 hours) of travel. It's very strange because it's gone, there's no more noise.

When the engine was noisy, it issued the fault codes on several cylinders (3-4-6)

I deleted codes and they have not returned. There are no strange noises either.-

Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 07:47 PM   #2
najnad
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 X3 35i M-sport

Strange noise for sure. Now that the noise is gone, have you noticed if it is low on power or significant change in mpg? Did you just change one spark plug or all of them? If only one, why? And are you sure you replaced it with the same plug as the others and the proper gap? The engine's computer will adjust to some sub-optimal conditions after a while and wont throw new codes, even though its not working at its best. I think the easy answer is that either something is wrong with the spark plug(s) you replaced and/or something didn't get put back together properly.
Current: 2011 X3 35i M-Sport, Deep Sea Blue Metallic over Oyster, aFe Power intake, RaceChips Ultimate piggyback tune, FTP Motorsports charge pipe, Sprintbooster, Hidden Hitch Class III, Ultra Racing Strut Tower Brace, xHP flash tool, F30 M-sport steering wheel
Previous: 1998 M3 sedan, Cosmos / black, AA Twinscrew Supercharger, Euro 6-speed, and too many other mods to list.
Appreciate 0