BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
XBimmers | BMW X3 Forum BMW X3/X4 Forums BMW X3M (F97) and X4M (F98) General Forum (2018+) BMW X3 M test drive event @ M Town Tour coming to dealer near you

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-17-2019, 01:49 PM   #89
JamesGames
Major
JamesGames's Avatar
United_States
824
Rep
1,199
Posts

Drives: E60 550i / F82 M4 6MT / F48 X1
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SOCAL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbenji View Post
No - at least not in NY. I drove the X3MC on Saturday and the nav was programmed to take you on an approximately 4 mile drive (on public roads).

I only had about 15 minutes with the car and wasn't really able to put it through its paces. My impressions were:

1 - The new M seats are the highlight of the show. They were extremely comfortable and supportive. A huge step up from my 2017 X4 M40i seats.

2 - I did notice the turbo lag other people have mentioned, but only from a standstill. If you're moving, the car has tons of power.

3 - Note that the launch control is activated a bit differently than in some other models. You need to hold the brake and throttle down longer in order to allow the turbos to build psi. If you don't do this, it definitely feels slow off the line. However, if you wait that extra 2 seconds before stepping off the brake, it will put your head back for sure.

All in all, I wasn't quite as blown away as I thought I'd be. Having said that, my lease is up and six months and I'm 90% sure i'll buy the X4MC.
Thank you - I attended their last two events and was autocrossing so I guess I blankly assumed this was similar, and got a little too excited thinking I was going to run the M2 / M5 through its paces. n/m.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 04:19 PM   #90
arciga18
Lieutenant Colonel
arciga18's Avatar
775
Rep
1,991
Posts

Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPichardo View Post
You also get a discount code after the event
Going to bring this up again. does the code apply to x3m..... or does it have the typical language of cannot be used with m2 comp, x7, etc
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 04:00 PM   #91
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
CosmosMpower's Avatar
1726
Rep
3,513
Posts

Drives: F80, F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Frisco, TX

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arciga18 View Post
Going to bring this up again. does the code apply to x3m..... or does it have the typical language of cannot be used with m2 comp, x7, etc
My email just said can't be used on M2, M2C and M5/M5C. No mention of X3M.
Appreciate 1
arciga18774.50

      07-09-2019, 04:02 PM   #92
arciga18
Lieutenant Colonel
arciga18's Avatar
775
Rep
1,991
Posts

Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by arciga18 View Post
Going to bring this up again. does the code apply to x3m..... or does it have the typical language of cannot be used with m2 comp, x7, etc
My email just said can't be used on M2, M2C and M5/M5C. No mention of X3M.
Any language about 2020 vs 2019 m2 comp?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2019, 07:25 PM   #93
Dillinger
Private
United_States
37
Rep
69
Posts

Drives: 2018 X3 M40i
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Did my test drives earlier this week. Overall a great time. Well run, and was very nice going out alone in each car. The predetermined route took around 15 minutes, was mostly city driving with a lot of lights, but one on-ramp to a 55mph highway for about 3 miles. This was the place to go full throttle (from a rolling start) and do a little weaving in and out of traffic. I drove 3 cars in the order below. The visits with each car was so quick, these are only my initial impressions.

DISCLAIMER: I'm in no way shape or form an expert. Just an amateur enthusiast who enjoys a little luxury, and likes to go fast.

1. '19 M5 Comp - Like we need another review on this guy, but WTH. It was everything it was cracked up to be! FAST. NIMBLE. LUXURIOUS. I was most impressed with the stellar handling and the sound of the beast with the sport exhaust button engaged. Even the ride was compliant, and most of the time I was in Sports Plus. I want this vehicle. Like now. Anyone got $120k?

2. X3M Comp - I currently drive an '18 M40i with a bootmod3 tune (stage 1, 93oct) (400-430hp approx??). INT/EXT: The X3M exterior styling is as reported, a souped up, slightly sportier version than the M40i. Not worth the premium yet IMO. Interior though felt much more upgraded. Very sporty and high end feeling. I feel my M40i is nice, but a little too utilitarian. Seats were comfy, but tighter than the M40i, specifically in the butt area. I'm a big dude (6'1" 280 on a good day) and I felt I'd probably need to lose 10 lbs to feel good about these upgraded Comp model seats. (curious about the non-comp version) I think for most people, they'll be just fine. Side bolsters gave plenty of support, and didn't feel too tight at the most open position. Similar to the M40i. SOUND: Started the car up and I instantly felt the difference. This vehicle had a strong, aggressive sonic signature in and out. (For perspective, I have the ASD disabled in my X3 via a pulled fuse. I felt the M40i was too "drone-y" so that's why I pulled it.) Initial impressions of the x3m comp was the sound was nicely integrated. The execution was much better than the m40i. I definitely did enjoy the sound overall, but with both with sports exhaust engaged or disengaged, it might end up getting a little much for my personal tastes. Not sure though.
ACCELERATION: First thing I noticed when I hit the road is what I felt like was it's biggest weakness...The turbo lag plus the delay from when you stomp on the gas and get a response was pronounced. Also mind you I was in sport plus in all sections, except the steering. My M40i with the tune, while in any mode except ECO (but with shifter to the left in "sport"), feels more responsive. I was rather disappointed with this on the X3MC. Once those turbos did kick in, I felt those 500 ponies! Pretty impressive. BUT the crazy part is, I felt my M40i pulls a little harder, and more dramatically. I know! I didn't believe it at first, and thought it had to be an effect of just being in the beastly M5C. But right after my test drives, when i got back in my ride, I did a quick run around the same route and had the same feeling. My car was just more fun and exciting in regards to its responsiveness. Maybe something was off with this X3M comp. I will definitely give it another try when my dealer gets his in. SUSPENSION: The ride feel overall was similar to my car, maybe a touch stiffer. The major difference was in the sport modes. It felt more connected to the pavement. Not too stiff, and maybe a bit more compliant when out of the sport modes. STEERING/HANDLING: felt majorly upgraded. Impressive for a heavy SAV. Though as expected, not nearly as responsive has the M5C, but a notch or two above the M40i. Again note, I kept the car in Sport or Sport Plus most of the time.

My overall impression was at this point I didn't feel a major desire to upgrade from where I'm at now. This is surprising to me because before I left for the test drives, I warned my wife to be prepared for a new itch that needed to be scratched. I wanted to love this X3M, but I left feeling a bit underwhelmed. I totally surprised myself. BUT again! I'm not about to give up, I will be riding again soon to confirm the initial impressions. I of course encourage all potential buyers to see for themselves, you may just say I'm nuts.

3. M340i. This was the sleeper of the group. Funny thing was I almost cancelled this drive, but stuck it out because driving is fun. INT/EXT: I think this specific model didn't have all the bells and whistles. (Admittedly though, I have done next to no research to see what options are available on this model.)From my POV, the insides felt cheaper when compared to everything else I drove that day, including my own ride. Wasn't a fan in general. Seats were comfy though. I didn't focus too much on the exterior because it came in this burnt orange color (sorry I don't know exactly which one it is) I hated the color, so I kind of forgot to note anything in particular. ACCELERATION: Damn this thing GOES! Fast, responsive, pulls and pulls. I guess I just love that B58 engine. Especially with approx 700 lb less weight to haul around. FUN!! SUSPENSION/HANDLING: In a word, fantastic. This car felt very toss-able and firmly planted the whole time. Can't wait to see where the G80 M3 lands! If I was in the market for a mid size coupe (which I may be in a couple years) I'd give this car and the upcoming M3 a serious look.

OK, there you have it. My super quick impressions received during my limited time with these 3 offerings from BMW. Thanks again for everyone else's view on the X3MC. This group is the greatest!!
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2019, 10:11 PM   #94
SM2
Lieutenant
SM2's Avatar
134
Rep
492
Posts

Drives: gti
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Chicagoland (Northern)

iTrader: (0)

Also had the opportunity this weekend to ride in an X3MC and man does that car pull but does have quite a bit turbo lag. I can now also see where the impression that this car was too stiff came from but you have to remember this is an M car and it's a heavier SUV. This is the particular area I feel that the X3 M40i has really lacked in. The sound to me seemed a bit muted but makes for a better daily driver (I might be spoiled always hearing an M2 with M performance exhaust all the time) 😁.
Overall a good SUV but I don't think it's necessary to buy the competition over the base X3 M.
Appreciate 1
      07-21-2019, 10:13 PM   #95
beammeupscottie
Lieutenant
beammeupscottie's Avatar
United_States
329
Rep
521
Posts

Drives: 2017 X5M Alpine Wht / Mugello
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Did my test drives earlier this week. Overall a great time. Well run, and was very nice going out alone in each car. The predetermined route took around 15 minutes, was mostly city driving with a lot of lights, but one on-ramp to a 55mph highway for about 3 miles. This was the place to go full throttle (from a rolling start) and do a little weaving in and out of traffic. I drove 3 cars in the order below. The visits with each car was so quick, these are only my initial impressions.

DISCLAIMER: I'm in no way shape or form an expert. Just an amateur enthusiast who enjoys a little luxury, and likes to go fast.

1. '19 M5 Comp - Like we need another review on this guy, but WTH. It was everything it was cracked up to be! FAST. NIMBLE. LUXURIOUS. I was most impressed with the stellar handling and the sound of the beast with the sport exhaust button engaged. Even the ride was compliant, and most of the time I was in Sports Plus. I want this vehicle. Like now. Anyone got $120k?

2. X3M Comp - I currently drive an '18 M40i with a bootmod3 tune (stage 1, 93oct) (400-430hp approx??). INT/EXT: The X3M exterior styling is as reported, a souped up, slightly sportier version than the M40i. Not worth the premium yet IMO. Interior though felt much more upgraded. Very sporty and high end feeling. I feel my M40i is nice, but a little too utilitarian. Seats were comfy, but tighter than the M40i, specifically in the butt area. I'm a big dude (6'1" 280 on a good day) and I felt I'd probably need to lose 10 lbs to feel good about these upgraded Comp model seats. (curious about the non-comp version) I think for most people, they'll be just fine. Side bolsters gave plenty of support, and didn't feel too tight at the most open position. Similar to the M40i. SOUND: Started the car up and I instantly felt the difference. This vehicle had a strong, aggressive sonic signature in and out. (For perspective, I have the ASD disabled in my X3 via a pulled fuse. I felt the M40i was too "drone-y" so that's why I pulled it.) Initial impressions of the x3m comp was the sound was nicely integrated. The execution was much better than the m40i. I definitely did enjoy the sound overall, but with both with sports exhaust engaged or disengaged, it might end up getting a little much for my personal tastes. Not sure though.
ACCELERATION: First thing I noticed when I hit the road is what I felt like was it's biggest weakness...The turbo lag plus the delay from when you stomp on the gas and get a response was pronounced. Also mind you I was in sport plus in all sections, except the steering. My M40i with the tune, while in any mode except ECO (but with shifter to the left in "sport"), feels more responsive. I was rather disappointed with this on the X3MC. Once those turbos did kick in, I felt those 500 ponies! Pretty impressive. BUT the crazy part is, I felt my M40i pulls a little harder, and more dramatically. I know! I didn't believe it at first, and thought it had to be an effect of just being in the beastly M5C. But right after my test drives, when i got back in my ride, I did a quick run around the same route and had the same feeling. My car was just more fun and exciting in regards to its responsiveness. Maybe something was off with this X3M comp. I will definitely give it another try when my dealer gets his in. SUSPENSION: The ride feel overall was similar to my car, maybe a touch stiffer. The major difference was in the sport modes. It felt more connected to the pavement. Not too stiff, and maybe a bit more compliant when out of the sport modes. STEERING/HANDLING: felt majorly upgraded. Impressive for a heavy SAV. Though as expected, not nearly as responsive has the M5C, but a notch or two above the M40i. Again note, I kept the car in Sport or Sport Plus most of the time.

My overall impression was at this point I didn't feel a major desire to upgrade from where I'm at now. This is surprising to me because before I left for the test drives, I warned my wife to be prepared for a new itch that needed to be scratched. I wanted to love this X3M, but I left feeling a bit underwhelmed. I totally surprised myself. BUT again! I'm not about to give up, I will be riding again soon to confirm the initial impressions. I of course encourage all potential buyers to see for themselves, you may just say I'm nuts.

3. M340i. This was the sleeper of the group. Funny thing was I almost cancelled this drive, but stuck it out because driving is fun. INT/EXT: I think this specific model didn't have all the bells and whistles. (Admittedly though, I have done next to no research to see what options are available on this model.)From my POV, the insides felt cheaper when compared to everything else I drove that day, including my own ride. Wasn't a fan in general. Seats were comfy though. I didn't focus too much on the exterior because it came in this burnt orange color (sorry I don't know exactly which one it is) I hated the color, so I kind of forgot to note anything in particular. ACCELERATION: Damn this thing GOES! Fast, responsive, pulls and pulls. I guess I just love that B58 engine. Especially with approx 700 lb less weight to haul around. FUN!! SUSPENSION/HANDLING: In a word, fantastic. This car felt very toss-able and firmly planted the whole time. Can't wait to see where the G80 M3 lands! If I was in the market for a mid size coupe (which I may be in a couple years) I'd give this car and the upcoming M3 a serious look.

OK, there you have it. My super quick impressions received during my limited time with these 3 offerings from BMW. Thanks again for everyone else's view on the X3MC. This group is the greatest!!
Really!? that review of the X3MC vs X3M40i was just bogus. Sounds as if you're making yourself feel good about your purchase of the "base model" vs the "top of the line" X3....

I've driven both and there is a significant difference; full stop.

The X3MC is definitely more beastly....it could be psychological that you feel the way you do; but there are facts to support the superiority of the actual M over the wanna be...lmao

Appreciate 0
      07-22-2019, 12:08 AM   #96
Dillinger
Private
United_States
37
Rep
69
Posts

Drives: 2018 X3 M40i
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM2 View Post
Also had the opportunity this weekend to ride in an X3MC and man does that car pull but does have quite a bit turbo lag. I now can see where the impression that this car was too stiff came from but you have to remember this is an M car. This is the particular area I feel that the X3 M40i has really lacked in. The sound to me seemed a bit muted but makes for a better daily driver (I might be spoiled always hearing an M2 with M performance exhaust all the time) 😁.
Overall a good SUV but I don't think it's necessary to buy the competition over the base X3 M.
I don't think it was too stiff. Just stiffer. I like a firmer suspension where it makes sense. And it makes sense with the X3MC. That lag was surprising though. I will be looking forward to trying out the non-comp for sure too. My original plan was to get a non-comp within a year. But not so sure now. Never know though!
Appreciate 1
SM2133.50

      07-22-2019, 12:21 AM   #97
Dillinger
Private
United_States
37
Rep
69
Posts

Drives: 2018 X3 M40i
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beammeupscottie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Did my test drives earlier this week. Overall a great time. Well run, and was very nice going out alone in each car. The predetermined route took around 15 minutes, was mostly city driving with a lot of lights, but one on-ramp to a 55mph highway for about 3 miles. This was the place to go full throttle (from a rolling start) and do a little weaving in and out of traffic. I drove 3 cars in the order below. The visits with each car was so quick, these are only my initial impressions.

DISCLAIMER: I'm in no way shape or form an expert. Just an amateur enthusiast who enjoys a little luxury, and likes to go fast.

1. '19 M5 Comp - Like we need another review on this guy, but WTH. It was everything it was cracked up to be! FAST. NIMBLE. LUXURIOUS. I was most impressed with the stellar handling and the sound of the beast with the sport exhaust button engaged. Even the ride was compliant, and most of the time I was in Sports Plus. I want this vehicle. Like now. Anyone got $120k?

2. X3M Comp - I currently drive an '18 M40i with a bootmod3 tune (stage 1, 93oct) (400-430hp approx??). INT/EXT: The X3M exterior styling is as reported, a souped up, slightly sportier version than the M40i. Not worth the premium yet IMO. Interior though felt much more upgraded. Very sporty and high end feeling. I feel my M40i is nice, but a little too utilitarian. Seats were comfy, but tighter than the M40i, specifically in the butt area. I'm a big dude (6'1" 280 on a good day) and I felt I'd probably need to lose 10 lbs to feel good about these upgraded Comp model seats. (curious about the non-comp version) I think for most people, they'll be just fine. Side bolsters gave plenty of support, and didn't feel too tight at the most open position. Similar to the M40i. SOUND: Started the car up and I instantly felt the difference. This vehicle had a strong, aggressive sonic signature in and out. (For perspective, I have the ASD disabled in my X3 via a pulled fuse. I felt the M40i was too "drone-y" so that's why I pulled it.) Initial impressions of the x3m comp was the sound was nicely integrated. The execution was much better than the m40i. I definitely did enjoy the sound overall, but with both with sports exhaust engaged or disengaged, it might end up getting a little much for my personal tastes. Not sure though.
ACCELERATION: First thing I noticed when I hit the road is what I felt like was it's biggest weakness...The turbo lag plus the delay from when you stomp on the gas and get a response was pronounced. Also mind you I was in sport plus in all sections, except the steering. My M40i with the tune, while in any mode except ECO (but with shifter to the left in "sport"), feels more responsive. I was rather disappointed with this on the X3MC. Once those turbos did kick in, I felt those 500 ponies! Pretty impressive. BUT the crazy part is, I felt my M40i pulls a little harder, and more dramatically. I know! I didn't believe it at first, and thought it had to be an effect of just being in the beastly M5C. But right after my test drives, when i got back in my ride, I did a quick run around the same route and had the same feeling. My car was just more fun and exciting in regards to its responsiveness. Maybe something was off with this X3M comp. I will definitely give it another try when my dealer gets his in. SUSPENSION: The ride feel overall was similar to my car, maybe a touch stiffer. The major difference was in the sport modes. It felt more connected to the pavement. Not too stiff, and maybe a bit more compliant when out of the sport modes. STEERING/HANDLING: felt majorly upgraded. Impressive for a heavy SAV. Though as expected, not nearly as responsive has the M5C, but a notch or two above the M40i. Again note, I kept the car in Sport or Sport Plus most of the time.

My overall impression was at this point I didn't feel a major desire to upgrade from where I'm at now. This is surprising to me because before I left for the test drives, I warned my wife to be prepared for a new itch that needed to be scratched. I wanted to love this X3M, but I left feeling a bit underwhelmed. I totally surprised myself. BUT again! I'm not about to give up, I will be riding again soon to confirm the initial impressions. I of course encourage all potential buyers to see for themselves, you may just say I'm nuts.

3. M340i. This was the sleeper of the group. Funny thing was I almost cancelled this drive, but stuck it out because driving is fun. INT/EXT: I think this specific model didn't have all the bells and whistles. (Admittedly though, I have done next to no research to see what options are available on this model.)From my POV, the insides felt cheaper when compared to everything else I drove that day, including my own ride. Wasn't a fan in general. Seats were comfy though. I didn't focus too much on the exterior because it came in this burnt orange color (sorry I don't know exactly which one it is) I hated the color, so I kind of forgot to note anything in particular. ACCELERATION: Damn this thing GOES! Fast, responsive, pulls and pulls. I guess I just love that B58 engine. Especially with approx 700 lb less weight to haul around. FUN!! SUSPENSION/HANDLING: In a word, fantastic. This car felt very toss-able and firmly planted the whole time. Can't wait to see where the G80 M3 lands! If I was in the market for a mid size coupe (which I may be in a couple years) I'd give this car and the upcoming M3 a serious look.

OK, there you have it. My super quick impressions received during my limited time with these 3 offerings from BMW. Thanks again for everyone else's view on the X3MC. This group is the greatest!!
Really!? that review of the X3MC vs X3M40i was just bogus. Sounds as if you're making yourself feel good about your purchase of the "base model" vs the "top of the line" X3....

I've driven both and there is a significant difference; full stop.

The X3MC is definitely more beastly....it could be psychological that you feel the way you do; but there are facts to support the superiority of the actual M over the wanna be...lmao

I'm glad you really like it more than the M40i. That was exactly where I expected to be after I drove it. These are just my honest observations. I've had the tune on mine for a couple months now, and I have to assume that is bridging the gap (just in regards to acceleration and throttle response) Ideally I want a ride that's doesn't need a tune though... another reason for looking at the X3M. I appreciate the analysis of my review, but unfortunately there is no justification or psychological reason for my opinion sorry to say. I wanted to like it enough to makes plans to trade up within a year. But that's not likely going to happen unless my subsequent test drives change my opinion. It does currently checks some of the boxes, just not enough. Enjoy the X3M if you are getting one. I'm sure it'll bring many smiles to your face.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 11:09 AM   #98
TX3M
Second Lieutenant
179
Rep
278
Posts

Drives: 2019 X3 M40i
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: MD

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beammeupscottie View Post
Really!? that review of the X3MC vs X3M40i was just bogus. Sounds as if you're making yourself feel good about your purchase of the "base model" vs the "top of the line" X3....

I've driven both and there is a significant difference; full stop.

The X3MC is definitely more beastly....it could be psychological that you feel the way you do; but there are facts to support the superiority of the actual M over the wanna be...lmao

Clearly you missed the part where he wrote, "I currently drive an '18 M40i with a bootmod3 tune (stage 1, 93oct) (400-430hp approx??)

Unless you have driven his car (or another similarly modified X3 M40i), you don't know what you're talking about. Stop hating and learn some manners.
Appreciate 2
      07-23-2019, 11:33 AM   #99
beammeupscottie
Lieutenant
beammeupscottie's Avatar
United_States
329
Rep
521
Posts

Drives: 2017 X5M Alpine Wht / Mugello
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX3M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by beammeupscottie View Post
Really!? that review of the X3MC vs X3M40i was just bogus. Sounds as if you're making yourself feel good about your purchase of the "base model" vs the "top of the line" X3....

I've driven both and there is a significant difference; full stop.

The X3MC is definitely more beastly....it could be psychological that you feel the way you do; but there are facts to support the superiority of the actual M over the wanna be...lmao

Clearly you missed the part where he wrote, "I currently drive an '18 M40i with a bootmod3 tune (stage 1, 93oct) (400-430hp approx??)

Unless you have driven his car (or another similarly modified X3 M40i), you don't know what you're talking about. Stop hating and learn some manners.

One should evaluate the vehicles from a baseline perspective not from one having to "cheat" to compete!

So an apples to apples comparo is helpful. Skewed perspectives gives off a distorted view and not fair to those who are researching these vehicles. As far as being rude? Get over yourself.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 07:54 PM   #100
Dillinger
Private
United_States
37
Rep
69
Posts

Drives: 2018 X3 M40i
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beammeupscottie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX3M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by beammeupscottie View Post
Really!? that review of the X3MC vs X3M40i was just bogus. Sounds as if you're making yourself feel good about your purchase of the "base model" vs the "top of the line" X3....

I've driven both and there is a significant difference; full stop.

The X3MC is definitely more beastly....it could be psychological that you feel the way you do; but there are facts to support the superiority of the actual M over the wanna be...lmao

Clearly you missed the part where he wrote, "I currently drive an '18 M40i with a bootmod3 tune (stage 1, 93oct) (400-430hp approx??)

Unless you have driven his car (or another similarly modified X3 M40i), you don't know what you're talking about. Stop hating and learn some manners.

One should evaluate the vehicles from a baseline perspective not from one having to "cheat" to compete!

So an apples to apples comparo is helpful. Skewed perspectives gives off a distorted view and not fair to those who are researching these vehicles. As far as being rude? Get over yourself.
So much for taking the high road... I'm not sure how to say it again, but these were my personal thoughts based on the (very clearly stated) set of parameters. If you weren't able to make that distinction, that's a lack of critical thinking on your part. There was no misleading or "cheating" in your fictitious battle royale between the two cars. If someone wants to compare to a non-modified X3 M40i or whatever car they so desire, then my review is may not be for them. This isn't a dick measuring contest as much as you want it to be. This forum is about sharing your personal experiences and gathering as much info as possible for whatever reason. That's what I did, if it doesn't apply to you, then move on. There's a lot of other members out there it may be appropriate for. I'm not sure why I'm wasting my time even writing this because I'm sure it'll fall on deaf ears, or you'll just whip out the measuring tape again.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 08:00 PM   #101
Dillinger
Private
United_States
37
Rep
69
Posts

Drives: 2018 X3 M40i
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWModel3 View Post
Finally long awaited ///M Gatekeeping comes to the X3 line. Base model shaming used to be the exclusive privilege known only to M2, M3, M4, M5, M6, X5M, and X6M owners.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 08:21 PM   #102
beammeupscottie
Lieutenant
beammeupscottie's Avatar
United_States
329
Rep
521
Posts

Drives: 2017 X5M Alpine Wht / Mugello
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWModel3 View Post
Finally long awaited ///M Gatekeeping comes to the X3 line. Base model shaming used to be the exclusive privilege known only to M2, M3, M4, M5, M6, X5M, and X6M owners.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWModel3 View Post
Finally long awaited ///M Gatekeeping comes to the X3 line. Base model shaming used to be the exclusive privilege known only to M2, M3, M4, M5, M6, X5M, and X6M owners.
Prime example of M envy ....reverse shaming of those who choose to own the pure M line of vehicles vs the modified others....laughable. Whatever floats your boat....

#sourgrapes
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 08:55 PM   #103
Dillinger
Private
United_States
37
Rep
69
Posts

Drives: 2018 X3 M40i
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beammeupscottie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWModel3 View Post
Finally long awaited ///M Gatekeeping comes to the X3 line. Base model shaming used to be the exclusive privilege known only to M2, M3, M4, M5, M6, X5M, and X6M owners.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWModel3 View Post
Finally long awaited ///M Gatekeeping comes to the X3 line. Base model shaming used to be the exclusive privilege known only to M2, M3, M4, M5, M6, X5M, and X6M owners.
Prime example of M envy ....reverse shaming of those who choose to own the pure M line of vehicles vs the modified others....laughable. Whatever floats your boat....

#sourgrapes
The dude was pointing out the irony of your comments. And you missed the point, again.

*oh and now I'm beginning to suspect you are purposefully trolling. If so, hilarious! Nice work. There's definitely some comedic value in that, albeit usually only for the instigator. If none of that applies, then reference all previous responses.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 09:24 PM   #104
beammeupscottie
Lieutenant
beammeupscottie's Avatar
United_States
329
Rep
521
Posts

Drives: 2017 X5M Alpine Wht / Mugello
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by beammeupscottie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWModel3 View Post
Finally long awaited ///M Gatekeeping comes to the X3 line. Base model shaming used to be the exclusive privilege known only to M2, M3, M4, M5, M6, X5M, and X6M owners.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWModel3 View Post
Finally long awaited ///M Gatekeeping comes to the X3 line. Base model shaming used to be the exclusive privilege known only to M2, M3, M4, M5, M6, X5M, and X6M owners.
Prime example of M envy ....reverse shaming of those who choose to own the pure M line of vehicles vs the modified others....laughable. Whatever floats your boat....

#sourgrapes
The dude was pointing out the irony of your comments. And you missed the point, again.

*oh and now I'm beginning to suspect you are purposefully trolling. If so, hilarious! Nice work. There's definitely some comedic value in that, albeit usually only for the instigator. If none of that applies, then reference all previous responses.
I got what he's saying is why I included it. I truly don't care bud....I'm here discussing cars not your feelings
...
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 09:38 PM   #105
Dillinger
Private
United_States
37
Rep
69
Posts

Drives: 2018 X3 M40i
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beammeupscottie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by beammeupscottie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWModel3 View Post
Finally long awaited ///M Gatekeeping comes to the X3 line. Base model shaming used to be the exclusive privilege known only to M2, M3, M4, M5, M6, X5M, and X6M owners.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWModel3 View Post
Finally long awaited ///M Gatekeeping comes to the X3 line. Base model shaming used to be the exclusive privilege known only to M2, M3, M4, M5, M6, X5M, and X6M owners.
Prime example of M envy ....reverse shaming of those who choose to own the pure M line of vehicles vs the modified others....laughable. Whatever floats your boat....

#sourgrapes
The dude was pointing out the irony of your comments. And you missed the point, again.

*oh and now I'm beginning to suspect you are purposefully trolling. If so, hilarious! Nice work. There's definitely some comedic value in that, albeit usually only for the instigator. If none of that applies, then reference all previous responses.
I got what he's saying is why I included it. I truly don't care bud....I'm here discussing cars not your feelings
...
So you're not trolling! Fucking classic.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 10:31 PM   #106
beammeupscottie
Lieutenant
beammeupscottie's Avatar
United_States
329
Rep
521
Posts

Drives: 2017 X5M Alpine Wht / Mugello
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by beammeupscottie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by beammeupscottie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWModel3 View Post
Finally long awaited ///M Gatekeeping comes to the X3 line. Base model shaming used to be the exclusive privilege known only to M2, M3, M4, M5, M6, X5M, and X6M owners.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWModel3 View Post
Finally long awaited ///M Gatekeeping comes to the X3 line. Base model shaming used to be the exclusive privilege known only to M2, M3, M4, M5, M6, X5M, and X6M owners.
Prime example of M envy ....reverse shaming of those who choose to own the pure M line of vehicles vs the modified others....laughable. Whatever floats your boat....

#sourgrapes
The dude was pointing out the irony of your comments. And you missed the point, again.

*oh and now I'm beginning to suspect you are purposefully trolling. If so, hilarious! Nice work. There's definitely some comedic value in that, albeit usually only for the instigator. If none of that applies, then reference all previous responses.
I got what he's saying is why I included it. I truly don't care bud....I'm here discussing cars not your feelings
...
So you're not trolling! Fucking classic.
Says the guy who came to the X3M forum to compare his wanna be M to a pure M model....I'm not in the M forum putting down pure M models and owning a non M ...doesn't make sense; yet that's what you're doing. That's trolling.

You're no different than every dude who catches a pure M at the light and tries to race him/her with your millions of bolt ons and tunes when you could've simply purchased the already tuned pure model. You seem as if you have buyers remorse. But hey...enjoy your ride! I've enjoyed my X5M and I'll also enjoy my X3MC....

Peace.

#dust
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 11:32 PM   #107
beammeupscottie
Lieutenant
beammeupscottie's Avatar
United_States
329
Rep
521
Posts

Drives: 2017 X5M Alpine Wht / Mugello
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWModel3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by beammeupscottie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWModel3 View Post
Finally long awaited ///M Gatekeeping comes to the X3 line. Base model shaming used to be the exclusive privilege known only to M2, M3, M4, M5, M6, X5M, and X6M owners.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWModel3 View Post
Finally long awaited ///M Gatekeeping comes to the X3 line. Base model shaming used to be the exclusive privilege known only to M2, M3, M4, M5, M6, X5M, and X6M owners.
Prime example of M envy ....reverse shaming of those who choose to own the pure M line of vehicles vs the modified others....laughable. Whatever floats your boat....

#sourgrapes
Lol no I don't envy the big heavy marketing machines that are the ///M SUVs. To me it's brand dilution but hey the great sales will help offset the cost of developing real ///M cars so at least there's that.
Surely. You're an enthusiast of this brand...the reason you're in this forum...and to each their own. I have an opinion and I'll speak truth even to the faint of heart...diluted or not it's where the market is as many have argued in this forum as a whole; BMW isn't unique enough to sit out the SUPER U V race...they're in it to win it; by many accounts they're winning it...after all they did invent the SUV market to begin with....peace.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:20 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST