BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-01-2020, 03:57 PM   #1
Psypher
Rep
Drives: Shelby gt350, jeep trailhawk

Garage List
Noelle Performance tuning

Hey Guys,
I'm new here picked up my xm3 a couple weeks ago and painfully waiting to get the 1200 miles on so I can get the service complete and really open it up. I have seen some YouTube videos on the Noelle performance tunes and wanted to check if anyone has one. I know they are expensive vs the other options but they apparently have a warranty and won't be an issue with bmw if something goes wrong. So far i have only seen people running jb4 or bm3.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 05:26 PM   #2
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psypher View Post
Hey Guys,
I'm new here picked up my xm3 a couple weeks ago and painfully waiting to get the 1200 miles on so I can get the service complete and really open it up. I have seen some YouTube videos on the Noelle performance tunes and wanted to check if anyone has one. I know they are expensive vs the other options but they apparently have a warranty and won't be an issue with bmw if something goes wrong. So far i have only seen people running jb4 or bm3.
Is there a Noelle tune for S58??
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 06:39 PM   #3
Lemongrease
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Jahre

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Yeah, I spoke with them and they were trying so hard to sell me on it. It's the same guys fro Dinan so they definitely know what they're doing and I love the sound of the warranty and that is definitely what you're paying for so really if the money is there, why not!
Appreciate 1
AlexFL7836.00
      06-01-2020, 08:58 PM   #4
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Uhm, you should read in F90 M5 forum.
It has been discussed in long and very thoroughly.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 1
FSociety3812.50
      06-01-2020, 08:59 PM   #5
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemongrease View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Yeah, I spoke with them and they were trying so hard to sell me on it. It's the same guys fro Dinan so they definitely know what they're doing and I love the sound of the warranty and that is definitely what you're paying for so really if the money is there, why not!
There are plenty of guys that used to work for Dinan.
But that doesn't makes them a genius unless if it is Dinan himself.
Appreciate 1
FSociety3812.50
      06-01-2020, 09:30 PM   #6
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Uhm, you should read in F90 M5 forum.
It has been discussed in long and very thoroughly.
yes, their F90 tune seems to be a fraud. Somebody paid the big money, installed the tune, dynoed the car and.... got the stock numbers on the dyno. Lol!
Appreciate 4
r33_RGSport12960.00
FSociety3812.50
Jason40765.00
bSwiazzy200.50
      06-01-2020, 11:32 PM   #7
Psypher
Rep

Garage List
Seems like the bm3 will be a better option with more versatility and support. Not sure if Noelle would support catless downpipes or other future upgrades. At least with bm3 you can flash the updated tunes as time goes by. I do like the sound of a warranty but not sure if adding others mods would be covered by it if something went wrong. Also 8 think it's around 2k more than bm3.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2020, 07:21 AM   #8
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
There are plenty of guys that used to work for Dinan.
But that doesn't makes them a genius unless if it is Dinan himself.
Whoa, lets clarify that statement...

It's a previous Dinan salesman and a legacy Dinan dealer (Noelle/Performing Imports). So to say its the "same guys from Dinan" is a gross generalization.
Appreciate 5
AlexFL7836.00
r33_RGSport12960.00
bSwiazzy200.50
KayTees138.50
      06-02-2020, 10:40 AM   #9
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

Quote:
Carbahn is where Steve Dinan ultimately went, not Noelle. Would be extremely cautious around Noelle. Plenty of documentation on the F90 forum along with the S55 section of the F87 forum.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2020, 10:45 AM   #10
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

https://f90.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...678497&page=20

This is interesting. One of the M5 guys just dynoed his car (while also voiding his warranty) for our benefit. Doesn't make anywhere near their claimed power. 572 whp on what should be around 850 crank.
Appreciate 1
FSociety3812.50
      06-02-2020, 10:17 PM   #11
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post

It's a previous Dinan salesman and a legacy Dinan dealer (Noelle/Performing Imports). So to say its the "same guys from Dinan" is a gross generalization.
Right, that's where I clarify it.
Anyone that used to work for Dinan can say that they used to work for Dinan and trying to claim some credit.

And you just clarify it even better.
Ex-Dinan salesperson / Ex-dealer (which is a reseller), claimed that they know what they are doing just because they are somewhat related to Dinan back in the day from selling Dinan products.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 01:32 AM   #12
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Save yourself from headaches, Bootmod3 is the superior choice.

Ability to flash your car with either Mac, Windows or their WiFi Agent (which you can also build one yourself if you prefer DIY option) and connect to your phone's hotspot and do it all via Mobile App

Diagnostic Reader/Clear Codes
Dashboard w/ Auto-Log feature (Pedal threshold etc)

Ability to log the car when you want to see how its running and being able to view the log on Mobile or PC (web for better) is amazing no need to email yourself csv files or open external app.

Has its own Map Section where you can run your choice of Map (Saved) Stock or Tuned.
First time takes 3mins 30seconds, and after that every map switch is about 30-40seconds (easy for Dynos or switching from different fuels if you want).

If you ever want more power than the OTS has to offer which currently are already providing us with 100WHP/100WTQ on STG1 93 and 150whp/150wtq on STG1 E30 (follows the stock tune curve so very smooth torque and high HP top end) there's Custom Tuners in the directory you can reach out to. (Can see Romy's Thread on his Custom Tune and my Stage 1 Thread I'm opening up later today as I think I have achieved the quickest tune only S58 tracked on Dragy Leaderboards).

Last but not least I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot of other features it has, is the ability to resale or transfer to your next vehicle this is my favorite reason because I look forward to owning another BMW and knowing Bootmod3 will work on supporting as it is the only BMW Platform that supports almost every Fxx/Gxx series engine

Their FaceBook Group of members is great too, can even search for questions or see other enthusiasts post of their results or general questions etc.

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 05:12 AM   #13
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSociety View Post

Ability to flash your car with either Mac, Windows or their WiFi Agent (which you can also build one yourself if you prefer DIY option) and connect to your phone's hotspot and do it all via Mobile App

Ability to log the car when you want to see how its running and being able to view the log on Mobile or PC (web for better) is amazing no need to email yourself csv files or open external app.

Has its own Map Section where you can run your choice of Map (Saved) Stock or Tuned.
First time takes 3mins 30seconds, and after that every map switch is about 30-40seconds (easy for Dynos or switching from different fuels if you want).

If you ever want more power than the OTS has to offer which currently are already providing us with 100WHP/100WTQ on STG1 93 and 150whp/150wtq on STG1 E30 (follows the stock tune curve so very smooth torque and high HP top end) there's Custom Tuners in the directory you can reach out to. (Can see Romy's Thread on his Custom Tune and my Stage 1 Thread I'm opening up later today as I think I have achieved the quickest tune only S58 tracked on Dragy Leaderboards).

Last but not least I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot of other features it has, is the ability to resale or transfer to your next vehicle this is my favorite reason because I look forward to owning another BMW and knowing Bootmod3 will work on supporting as it is the only BMW Platform that supports almost every Fxx/Gxx series engine

Their FaceBook Group of members is great too, can even search for questions or see other enthusiasts post of their results or general questions etc.
If we only could buy powertrain warranty from Protuningfreaks, this would be the best tune ever...
Appreciate 1
FSociety3812.50
      06-03-2020, 09:41 AM   #14
Psypher
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

I plan on getting this set up soon with a catless downpipe. Do you know if you can flash back to stock when taking the vehicle into a dealer for maintainence and keep the check engine light off for not running cats? Just trying to figure out the best way to get oil changes etc at the dealer without voiding the warranty.
Appreciate 1
FSociety3812.50
      06-03-2020, 02:15 PM   #15
Lemongrease
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post

Sorry, bud. Just relaying what was said to me. "We are the same guys from Dinan" is what I was told. Maybe have a little chat with the shit-head, obviously he was trying to make a sale and would say whatever appeased the client lol
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 02:17 PM   #16
Lemongrease
Private
Rep

Quote:
I plan on getting this set up soon with a catless downpipe. Do you know if you can flash back to stock when taking the vehicle into a dealer for maintainence and keep the check engine light off for not running cats? Just trying to figure out the best way to get oil changes etc at the dealer without voiding the warranty.
for me, it, looks like i'll be going with BM3
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 02:45 PM   #17
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Sorry, bud. Just relaying what was said to me. "We are the same guys from Dinan" is what I was told. Maybe have a little chat with the shit-head, obviously he was trying to make a sale and would say whatever appeased the client lol
No worries. Just didn't want that statement to all of a sudden become a "fact" amongst the forums / socialsphere is all as it's a stretch of sliver of truth at absolute best.
Appreciate 2
      02-24-2022, 12:20 PM   #18
01001010 01001011
Rep
Drives: 300TE

Correction

I wanted to give adequate time for the parties to correct their statements on this forum, but they have chosen not to after being formally asked. The most important part was Dinan get caught up on their payments to Noelle before this clarification was posted. Now that they no longer have an outstanding balance, here is more than a sliver of truth.

The facts regarding the person referred to as “a previous Dinan salesman” is purposely false and intentionally minimizes the person’s position, contribution, and relation to the company. This person referenced held the official position of Dealer Program Manager with up to 5 actual salesmen working under his direction. This person built and managed the entire Dinan Dealer distribution network starting in 1997 until 2005 making Dinan the largest, most profitable BMW tuner in North America, and during that time was the highest paid employee at Dinan according to Steve Dinan. He then returned to Dinan 2011-2013 when personally called upon by Steve Dinan to rejoin the company to increase profitability, improve dealer relations, and to aid in selling the company. Dinan was successfully sold in June 2013. This manager resigned for a second and final time once he learned that Dinan’s new piggy-back units were going to be sold directly to consumers on-line circumventing the dealer network. The dealers in the network were responsible for Dinan’s huge success, it’s extremely unfortunate how they get treated.

The facts regarding the statement “legacy Dinan dealer (Noelle / Performing Imports)”. Noelle / Performing Imports was not just an authorized dealer for Dinan, Noelle / Performing Imports provided their BMW flash software to Dinan to sell under the Dinan brand. Without Noelle / Performing Imports, Dinan would have been in dire straits with the 2008 economic crash with no software to sell. This “legacy Dinan dealer” is also an accredited Engineer with PHDs from Germany, not a claimed self-taught engineer without credentials.

Be aware of who’s product you think you’re purchasing, a great deal of it is private label or pirated. The very best performance tunes are flash tunes and there is a limited number of real engineers in the world with the proper equipment and talent capable of doing it successfully. Is it just a coincidence that Dinan and other “tuners” have similar looking piggy-back units for sale now? Is it now just a matter of who’s name you like or who you think tricks the engine sensors best? Do it right or don’t do it at all.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Noelle - Dinan Sofware Contract.pdf (397.0 KB, 65 views)
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2022, 12:27 PM   #19
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
BMW can see all these tunes now, flashed back or not, warantee out the window, good luck.
thestimp970.50
      02-24-2022, 12:38 PM   #20
suby01
Cowboy Astronaut Millionaire
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M40i

Quote:
Quote:

That option does not exist...
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2022, 01:07 PM   #21
thestimp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X3MC MBB - C-17 Globemaster

Garage List
2022 X3mC  [10.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by suby01 View Post
Yet, bootmod3 just got a g80 to tear apart and crack. Hopefully by summer we have a beta for 22's.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2022, 10:26 PM   #22
suby01
Cowboy Astronaut Millionaire
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestimp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by suby01 View Post
Yet, bootmod3 just got a g80 to tear apart and crack. Hopefully by summer we have a beta for 22's.
I guess I was unclear about my response to which part.

My response was that the option does not exist to-
"Just trying to figure out the best way to get oil changes etc at the dealer without voiding the warranty."

You cant tune your car. And not void your warranty.

Yes we all know some service warranty work can still be honored. But the manufacturer will
always find out if a car has been tuned if they really want to check.
Appreciate 0