BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-03-2021, 04:58 PM   #23
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 225xe / iX3 Premier Pro

Have a word with the dealer, say its not working, perhaps someone just forgot to code something.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2021, 05:08 PM   #24
3ero
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW IX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDEvans View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ero View Post
Finally, after going through two dealerships that didn't have a clue, BMW (UK) has confirmed it should be available. Should have lane change settings too but that's not in mine. Now to a third garage to see if they can sort it out.
Did you manage to get this activated?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDEvans View Post
Quote:
Finally, after going through two dealerships that didn't have a clue, BMW (UK) has confirmed it should be available. Should have lane change settings too but that's not in mine. Now to a third garage to see if they can sort it out.
Did you manage to get this activated?
Third garage was useless. BMW Uk told me it should have it so I put the dealership and BMW in direct contact. BMW has come back saying that the iX3 does not have this function!

Going back to Tesla ASAP!
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2021, 05:13 PM   #25
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Third garage was useless. BMW Uk told me it should have it so I put the dealership and BMW in direct contact. BMW has come back saying that the iX3 does not have this function!

Urm... Well the two I've driven so far have had it, so perhaps BMW being a bit dopey there....
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2021, 05:14 PM   #26
3ero
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ape View Post
Quote:

Urm... Well the two I've driven so far have had it, so perhaps BMW being a bit dopey there....
Quote:
Quote:

Without a doubt. Completely useless the lot of them!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 11:43 AM   #27
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

I know daft question, but it is turned on isn't it?

11-04-2021, 11:51 AM   #28
3ero
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

Quote:

I don't even get the option in settings.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 12:34 PM   #29
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Hmmm, not good, I'm hoping it's on for my car when it comes, however having read about a bit on the g20 forums, seems the UK cars had it for a short period but turned off outside of that short bit. So may have to Code it manually with ESys.

The relevant coding are

BDC_Body3 > CAFD_7083 > SPURWECHSEL_ASSISTENT
Default: nicht_activ
Change to: activ

HU_MGU > CAFD_3E52 > SPURWECHSELASSISTENT
Change to: gen_1

SAS2 > CAFD_42C1 > C_SWA_VORHANDEN
Default: Nr000_nicht_vorhanden
Change to: NR001_VORHANDEN

(HU_MGU:
Spurwechselassistent - Aktiv

SAS Module:
C_SWA_Vorhanden - True
C_SWA_Land_Aktiv - Value set to "FF, FF, FF, FF")

These work on the G01/G05/G20 chassis so would expect them to be the same on the G08. But until I try it myself I can't be sure. Also as no car yet (next week with luck!) I'm not sure which build of ID7 they are running on the iX3, so no idea what PSdZData_Lite to use yet. When I get it I'll let ya know, and if not a million miles away I don't mind meeting up for a coding session if the dealer won't enable it for you. It's however DEFFO not a hardware issue, its a coding feature, and I think a good number of UK cars of all model don't have the feature enabled... Very odd! wonder if there's a law against it or something, I know the Germans have a law (why Tesla's can't do it there either)

Last edited by the_ape; 11-29-2021 at 06:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 12:37 PM   #30
3ero
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Hmmm, not good, I'm hoping it's on for my car when it comes, however having read about a bit on the g20 forums, seems the UK cars had it for a short period but turned off outside of that short bit. So may have to Code it manually with ESys.

The relevant coding are

BDC_Body3 > CAFD_7083 > SPURWECHSEL_ASSISTENT
Change to: activ

HU_MGU > CAFD_3E52 > SPURWECHSELASSISTENT
Change to: gen_1

SAS2 > CAFD_42C1 > C_SWA_VORHANDEN
Default: Nr000_nicht_vorhanden
Change to: NR001_VORHANDEN

These work on the G01/G05/G20 chassis so would expect them to be the same on the G08. But until I try it myself I can't be sure. Also as no car yet (next week with luck!) I'm not sure which build of ID7 they are running on the iX3, so no idea what PSdZData_Lite to use yet. When I get it I'll let ya know, and if not a million miles away I don't mind meeting up for a coding session if the dealer won't enable it for you. It's however DEFFO not a hardware issue, its a coding feature, and I think a good number of UK cars of all model don't have the feature enabled... Very odd! wonder if there's a law against it or something, I know the Germans have a law (why Tesla's can't do it there either)
Quote:

Thanks that very helpful. I need to work out what to buy for coding etc. it's new to me. Teslas and my X7 had the option here so not the law. Weird.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 12:39 PM   #31
gray1x
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

What was the build date of your car ? Maybe it will appear when the OTA update happens
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 12:53 PM   #32
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray1x View Post
What was the build date of your car ? Maybe it will appear when the OTA update happens
Maybe.... Who knows

To code the car, like I say not sure what version of stuff we need as not seen the version it's running, but hazard a guess at esysx or E-Sys 3.7+ and latest PSdZData.... Oh and the Enet-OBD2 cable.... and worst part... a Win7 PC... gord only knows why BMW hasn't updated E-Sys to work with 10 yet!
      11-04-2021, 03:01 PM   #33
3ero
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
2021-05-06
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 03:04 PM   #34
3ero
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Maybe.... Who knows

To code the car, like I say not sure what version of stuff we need as not seen the version it's running, but hazard a guess at esysx or E-Sys 3.7+ and latest PSdZData.... Oh and the Enet-OBD2 cable.... and worst part... a Win7 PC... gord only knows why BMW hasn't updated E-Sys to work with 10 yet!
Quote:
Is there any other software available that doesn't need Win7? That could be tricky.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 04:41 PM   #35
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Is there any other software available that doesn't need Win7? That could be tricky.
Unfortunately not, some people use hyper-v windows 7 virtual machines, but virtual network cards can cause issues. Android and iOS apps can't get low level access to the SAS2, so your left with using a hack version of the internal BMW tools (esys) or the written 'modded' but supported payed for tool (esysx)

Both need win 7 though, pain but that's why I keep my old lenovo t61 win 7 machine around, all its used for 😂
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 04:43 PM   #36
3ero
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Unfortunately not, some people use hyper-v windows 7 virtual machines, but virtual network cards can cause issues. Android and iOS apps can't get low level access to the SAS2, so your left with using a hack version of the internal BMW tools (esys) or the written 'modded' but supported payed for tool (esysx)

Both need win 7 though, pain but that's why I keep my old lenovo t61 win 7 machine around, all its used for 😂
Thanks what do you think of Binmertech?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 04:58 PM   #37
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Oh I use bimmercode for a bunch of stuff, spoken to Stephan about the G08, they have no idea when it's going to be added to support. You could possibly use the G01 coding for some things, but might cause issues due to the ICE and BEV options and display being different so would only code little things like blinker count and unlock boot times etc. But even then not really gonna risk it myself till Stephan adds the g08.

Esys isn't hard to use, it's a bit of a pain as it's the BMW OEM tool, and is very 'Germanic' etc, but for most part it's fine.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 04:59 PM   #38
3ero
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Oh I use bimmercode for a bunch of stuff, spoken to Stephan about the G08, they have no idea when it's going to be added to support. You could possibly use the G01 coding for some things, but might cause issues due to the ICE and BEV options and display being different so would only code little things like blinker count and unlock boot times etc. But even then not really gonna risk it myself till Stephan adds the g08.

Esys isn't hard to use, it's a bit of a pain as it's the BMW OEM tool, and is very 'Germanic' etc, but for most part it's fine.
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 05:00 PM   #39
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Damn sorry read bimmercode, you mean bimmertech with their remote coding, loads of people have used em, and never heard anything terrible etc.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2021, 04:26 AM   #40
GDEvans
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3

Quote:
Have a word with the dealer, say its not working, perhaps someone just forgot to code something.
It will be interesting to hear whether yours has the lane change assist activated. I think yours is the same spec as mine - my Premier Pro arrived Thursday.

When I go into the settings Driver Assistance -> Driving -> Steering Assistant, I only have one option available in that section. This is Emergency Corridor Assistant, which is ticked, but it states not available in this country.

No mention of Lane Change Assist on my menu.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2021, 04:47 AM   #41
gray1x
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

It does work on mine but I had a look through the settings and couldn't find anything related to it all 🤷
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2021, 05:08 AM   #42
GDEvans
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3

Quote:
It does work on mine but I had a look through the settings and couldn't find anything related to it all 🤷
Now I'm confused! Need to get out on the dual carriageway again! Only had it 2 days, and work has been getting in the way.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2021, 05:19 AM   #43
3ero
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Hi. Did you mean does or doesn't work on yours?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2021, 06:30 AM   #44
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

OK not on mine either! I shall have a play with coding it over the weekend
Appreciate 0