BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-18-2019, 12:32 PM   #1167
Bongoxxx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 340 XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Because "statistically" he's actually a TOP 5 QB. Go check for yourself.
Thanks, I needed a good laugh...

2018 stats ranking for Dak
Passing yards - 15th
Comp % - 14th
Yards/Game - 22nd
TDs - 16th

2017 stats
Passing yards - 16th
Comp % - 15th
Yards/Game - 27th
TDs - 12th

2016 stats
Passing yards - 19th
Comp % - 4th
Yards/Game - 26th
TDs - 15th

So you’re completely right, he’s a top 5 QB
There must be some other magical stat to rank QBs that I don’t know about
Appreciate 1
F30lolz6798.50
      08-18-2019, 02:59 PM   #1168
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

LMFAO!!!!

How's your Hatorade? Nice and refreshing!

For the rest of us, the facts and his stats are easily available: https://sportdfw.com/2019/01/20/dall...r-playoff-qbs/
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2019, 03:21 PM   #1169
Bongoxxx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
LMFAO!!!!

How's your Hatorade? Nice and refreshing!

For the rest of us, the facts and his stats are easily available: https://sportdfw.com/2019/01/20/dall...r-playoff-qbs/
Hatorade? How are FACTS hate? I’m looking at regular season stats and he’s nowhere near top 10 let alone top 5.

Nice article, so he’s a top 5 QB based on 3 playoff games with a 1-2 record?

Seriously according to this great piece of writing he was the best QB in the playoffs last year

Enjoy the season with your unsigned 30 million dollar baby
Appreciate 1
F30lolz6798.50
      08-18-2019, 03:49 PM   #1170
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongoxxx View Post
Hatorade? How are FACTS hate? I’m looking at regular season stats and he’s nowhere near top 10 let alone top 5.

Seriously according to this great piece of writing he was the best QB in the playoffs last year

Wtf I thought he was 0-1 in the playoffs. Who’s the dumbass now? I am
TXSTYLE, you should have corrected me.

Regardless, new season and there is a 2019 thread.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2019, 09:04 PM   #1171
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Quote:

Wtf I thought he was 0-1 in the playoffs. Who’s the dumbass now? I am
TXSTYLE, you should have corrected me.

Regardless, new season and there is a 2019 thread.
Did Seattle run the ball in that thread?
      08-19-2019, 06:48 AM   #1172
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
Not yet. They passed over that thread and ran it into the ground instead. We’ll fix that.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 07:48 AM   #1173
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Not yet. They passed over that thread and ran it into the ground instead. We'll fix that.
Oh.....ok.

Well when they do lmk so I can join the fun. I have this recurring nightmare that they didn't run it from the 1, and cost us a 2nd SB.
      08-19-2019, 08:37 AM   #1174
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
I’m going to assume that you didn’t have a Snickers bar before this comment. This is as pointless as me saying that Eli Manning “statistically” is a TOP 7QB of all time. Go check for yourself.

As I’ve said before and I stand by my comment, Dak is a QB who needs everything around him to be perfect in order to have a chance to succeed. Now you being the biggest Cowboy fan, let’s take Dak out of the equation for a second because I want to see if you’ll make the right decision here. Cowboys need a QB. Would you want a QB who has had a career as Troy Aikman or a career as Tony Romo? Simple question.

Because I would hope you would say Aikman. Point is that Cowboy fans seem to be fine with mediocrity involving their QB’s in the postseason. Romo in the postseason was meh. Even butt fumble Sanchez has more playoff victories over Romo. Dak, while still young, is 0-1. Before saying Dak is “statistically” a TOP 5QB, let him prove it when it matters the most, in Jan/Feb and not October.
If you knew football, youd say Romo in this era of the game. Aikman was a worse passer than Dak fyi. Winning is a team sport. It's not all on the QB. Romo had a shit defense and oline for the majority of his career. Thats not on him. Fun fact, hes the only qb in NFL HISTORY to pass for 500yds and 5tds and lose a game. And FWIW, Dak is the 2nd winningest QB since entering the league behind Tom Brady, so he wins the winning argument as well. If Aikman was currently up for an extension with his passing stats through 3 seasons, people would be shitting on him much more than they do Dak. He didnt even make the playoffs till his 3rd season, and had a 14-24 record.

Dak is 1-2 in the playoffs also. Rookie season, lost to Packers despite scoring 31pts... The defense shit the bed and Dak was the only reason we even had a shot at the end. His other playoff loss was to the Rams this last year, and again, the defense shit the bed allowing over 200yds rushing. And again, Dak was the only reason we were even in the game.

The needs help argument is a shit argument as well. When rodgers has a bad year, everyone goes "well he had no one to throw to" or "he had no hb" or "His oline was shit". But when Dak does good its "He has a good wr" or "He has a good hb" or "he has a good oline". There is only 1 qb in the league that consistently does more with less, and that is the GOAT Tom Brady. Everyone else in the league needs things around them to succeed, because again, its a team sport.

Now is he worth 40mill? No, and those reports that he asked for 40mill were said to be false by both his camp and cowboys camp. But this is where we are with journalism these days. However, the rate for a starting qb is currently at 30mill + per season. Wentz signed for 32/yr, Dak will get around that number as well. And in 2-3 years after a majority of the QBs in the league have gotten new deals, that 32-35/yr will look like a steal.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?

Last edited by TheWatchGuy; 08-19-2019 at 08:45 AM..
Appreciate 2
TXSTYLE13653.00
GERMAN M34176.50
      08-19-2019, 10:35 AM   #1175
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
If you knew football, youd say Romo in this era of the game. Aikman was a worse passer than Dak fyi. Winning is a team sport. It's not all on the QB. Romo had a shit defense and oline for the majority of his career. Thats not on him. Fun fact, hes the only qb in NFL HISTORY to pass for 500yds and 5tds and lose a game. And FWIW, Dak is the 2nd winningest QB since entering the league behind Tom Brady, so he wins the winning argument as well. If Aikman was currently up for an extension with his passing stats through 3 seasons, people would be shitting on him much more than they do Dak. He didnt even make the playoffs till his 3rd season, and had a 14-24 record.

Dak is 1-2 in the playoffs also. Rookie season, lost to Packers despite scoring 31pts... The defense shit the bed and Dak was the only reason we even had a shot at the end. His other playoff loss was to the Rams this last year, and again, the defense shit the bed allowing over 200yds rushing. And again, Dak was the only reason we were even in the game.

The needs help argument is a shit argument as well. When rodgers has a bad year, everyone goes "well he had no one to throw to" or "he had no hb" or "His oline was shit". But when Dak does good its "He has a good wr" or "He has a good hb" or "he has a good oline". There is only 1 qb in the league that consistently does more with less, and that is the GOAT Tom Brady. Everyone else in the league needs things around them to succeed, because again, its a team sport.

Now is he worth 40mill? No, and those reports that he asked for 40mill were said to be false by both his camp and cowboys camp. But this is where we are with journalism these days. However, the rate for a starting qb is currently at 30mill + per season. Wentz signed for 32/yr, Dak will get around that number as well. And in 2-3 years after a majority of the QBs in the league have gotten new deals, that 32-35/yr will look like a steal.
NUFF said.
Appreciate 2
GERMAN M34176.50
      08-19-2019, 12:20 PM   #1176
cotmfk
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Hey now - don't sleep on the Redskins! We have ALL the QBs!

08-19-2019, 12:58 PM   #1177
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Everything falls on the QB both good and bad. Yes, team sport as the special teams, D/O lines, secondary, backs/WR’s need to pull their own weight. However, you and every Cowboy fan I know keep proving my point that you guys are OK with regular season accomplishments but no hardware to show for since Aikman left. Romo was a GREAT October performer which is why I call him Mr. October (sorry Reggie). So please, keep throwing Romo’s regular season numbers around as that’s what is most important to you over playoff accomplishments which Romo lacked. And you cannot have it both ways, Romo put up great numbers in the regular season and praise him while you say coaching and the defense or whatever excuse you want to say isn’t Romo’s fault in the postseason.

Like it or not these are facts. Romo didn’t get the job done in the postseason, otherwise he would have the hardware, right?

As for Dak, he’s still young but I don’t see him leading/winning a Super Bowl. I’ve stated my opinions before on Dak but I think he’s a watered down version of Romo. And again, Dak is the 2nd winningest QB behind Brady since he entered? Ok and, you want me to give a standing ovation? Cowboy fans do whatever it takes for some spotlight but if you knew football, it’s the postseason that matters the most, not regular season accomplishments.

Come back when Dak wins a Super Bowl or at least gets far into January.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotmfk View Post
Hey now - don't sleep on the Redskins! We have ALL the QBs!

You’ll miss Mark Sanchez.

Last edited by F30lolz; 08-19-2019 at 01:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 02:29 PM   #1178
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Everything falls on the QB both good and bad. Yes, team sport as the special teams, D/O lines, secondary, backs/WR’s need to pull their own weight. However, you and every Cowboy fan I know keep proving my point that you guys are OK with regular season accomplishments but no hardware to show for since Aikman left. Romo was a GREAT October performer which is why I call him Mr. October (sorry Reggie). So please, keep throwing Romo’s regular season numbers around as that’s what is most important to you over playoff accomplishments which Romo lacked. And you cannot have it both ways, Romo put up great numbers in the regular season and praise him while you say coaching and the defense or whatever excuse you want to say isn’t Romo’s fault in the postseason.

Like it or not these are facts. Romo didn’t get the job done in the postseason, otherwise he would have the hardware, right?

As for Dak, he’s still young but I don’t see him leading/winning a Super Bowl. I’ve stated my opinions before on Dak but I think he’s a watered down version of Romo. And again, Dak is the 2nd winningest QB behind Brady since he entered? Ok and, you want me to give a standing ovation? Cowboy fans do whatever it takes for some spotlight but if you knew football, it’s the postseason that matters the most, not regular season accomplishments.

Come back when Dak wins a Super Bowl or at least gets far into January.

You’ll miss Mark Sanchez.
so its a team sport until the team sport narrative doesnt fit your narrative?

its not Daks fault the defense gave up 35pts vs the packers. If the defense could make a stop or 2 that game, Daks 31, which is great for a rookie qb, is more than enough. Rodgers had 30 seconds to go 40yds with 30 seconds left and defense gives up a 35yd pass with 10 seconds left to put them in position to hit the GW FG.

same for the rams game. If the defense makes a stop at the end of the game, dak has a chance. They let slow ass goff go for 11 on 3rd and 7 to shut the game out.

Both games, if the Defense actually holds their own, Cowboys have a good chance to win, and dak is looking at a 3-2 or better record.

FFS wentz got 32/yr and hasnt even been healthy for the playoffs. And russell wilson hasnt made it into late january since he shit the bed vs the pats in the sb, including an early exit at the hands of the cowboys last year. But hes totally worth the 35mill right?

Appreciate 1
TXSTYLE13653.00
      08-19-2019, 04:54 PM   #1179
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Lightbulb

Quote:
so its a team sport until the team sport narrative doesnt fit your narrative?

its not Daks fault the defense gave up 35pts vs the packers. If the defense could make a stop or 2 that game, Daks 31, which is great for a rookie qb, is more than enough. Rodgers had 30 seconds to go 40yds with 30 seconds left and defense gives up a 35yd pass with 10 seconds left to put them in position to hit the GW FG.

same for the rams game. If the defense makes a stop at the end of the game, dak has a chance. They let slow ass goff go for 11 on 3rd and 7 to shut the game out.

Both games, if the Defense actually holds their own, Cowboys have a good chance to win, and dak is looking at a 3-2 or better record.

FFS wentz got 32/yr and hasnt even been healthy for the playoffs. And russell wilson hasnt made it into late january since he shit the bed vs the pats in the sb, including an early exit at the hands of the cowboys last year. But hes totally worth the 35mill right?
      08-19-2019, 06:04 PM   #1180
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Figures Cowboy fans won’t understand

Let me try to explain this like you are se7en:

QB is the leader of the team.
Win/Lose the QB gets praise/blame.
Rogers/Wilson get clout because they have won a SB. Not fair to you but hey, it’s how it is.
Wentz isn’t worth $35M. Argue with an Eagles fan to blow off steam, I hate them too.
Defense blows lead or whatever, too bad it happens and that’s how the cookie crumbles.

Again, I’ll shut up when Dak proves me wrong and he guides Dallas to a SB victory.

I’m Dunn here like Warrick
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 06:11 PM   #1181
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

^^ SMH... You sir. are the one that can't seem to "get it".

If this game was ALL about the play of the QB, then we would simply see how far said QB can throw the ball. The game of Football is predicated on the play and performance of all 11 players at any given moment on BOTH Offense AND Defense.

So no matter how much hate you have for Dak or Dallas, he can literally come out this season balling his ass off with 6,000 yards passing and STILL NOT win a SB unless the other PLAYERS on THIS TEAM are playing very well.

That is all for today. It is nap time. Don't forget your snack.
      08-20-2019, 06:13 AM   #1182
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Put Dak on Seattle- and wed have at best a 4-12 team.

RW literally wins us 4-6 games a year by himself and his heart attack inducing scramble plays
      08-20-2019, 08:07 AM   #1183
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Put Dak on Seattle- and wed have at best a 4-12 team.

RW literally wins us 4-6 games a year by himself and his heart attack inducing scramble plays
yeah but how many superbowl losing ints has dak thrown?

Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 01:47 PM   #1184
Bongoxxx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
yeah but how many superbowl losing ints has dak thrown?
None, because he hasn’t made it there.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 02:23 PM   #1185
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
None, because he hasn’t made it there.

maybe it got... intercepted?

Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 08:05 PM   #1186
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
None, because he hasn't made it there.
[IMG]https://media.tenor.com/images/6190a...99f2/tenor.gif[/IMG]

maybe it got... intercepted?
It was actually a great play by Malcolm Butler- not a bad throw by RW.

Plus- don't even. No way in hell Dak is in the same league as RW. He's at best the level below
      09-09-2019, 08:54 AM   #1187
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Antonio Brown, 2013-18
686 receptions, 9,145 yards, 67 TDs in 92 regular-season games
41 receptions, 677 yards, 4 TDs in 6 playoff games

Demaryius Thomas, 2012-18
634 receptions, 8.496 yards, 56 TDs in 111 games
64 receptions, 462 yards, 5 TDs in 8 playoff games

Julian Edelman, 2013-18
430 receptions, 4,676 yards, 26 TDs in 67 games
106 receptions, 1,337 yards, 3 TDs in 13 playoff games

Josh Gordon, 2012-18
220 receptions, 3,826 yards, 19 TDs in 52 games

White and Sony.

This is going to just be so much fun to watch.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 08:58 AM   #1188
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Antonio Brown, 2013-18
686 receptions, 9,145 yards, 67 TDs in 92 regular-season games
41 receptions, 677 yards, 4 TDs in 6 playoff games

Demaryius Thomas, 2012-18
634 receptions, 8.496 yards, 56 TDs in 111 games
64 receptions, 462 yards, 5 TDs in 8 playoff games

Julian Edelman, 2013-18
430 receptions, 4,676 yards, 26 TDs in 67 games
106 receptions, 1,337 yards, 3 TDs in 13 playoff games

Josh Gordon, 2012-18
220 receptions, 3,826 yards, 19 TDs in 52 games

There are four active receivers who have had a 1,600 yard season.

Three of them play for the Patriots:
• Antonio Brown
• Josh Gordon
• Demaryius Thomas
• Julio Jones

This is going to just be so much fun to watch especially as we have a run game.
Appreciate 0