BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-12-2018, 11:52 AM   #45
rich8566
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 + Z-4

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBMWBrian View Post
When MSDs droped your money factor 7 basis points each, it was a bit cheaper cheaper to do that than it was to do a one-pay lease as your money factor reduction was 49 points, compared to 30 points for the one-pay. At 5 basis points each now, you're still better off, but only by a bit.

And yes, you do get all of your security deposits back at the end of the lease, OR you can roll them into the next lease if they're still offering it then.

If you can afford the initial outlay, it's a great idea to max out your MSDs. It's less lucrative now than it was before, but it's still a good deal.
I concur.
      08-12-2018, 11:52 AM   #46
johntchow
#beastmodeallday
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah3nyc View Post
This looks like Bmw canceling the msd program must have affected bmw cash flow. I can imagine the issues giving back money to customers returning leases. Bmw took many months to give back msd money to my father who returned lease back few months back. This is bmw trying to stop leaking of sale losses.
ive always gotten my money back within 30 days of turning in the car. almost always within 14 days though.
Appreciate 0