BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-11-2022, 03:56 AM   #1
panuss
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

DSC problem 2 times in one year

Hi All,

I found problem on my BMW X3 F25 2.0D 2 times on this year
- The first time I found that front brake is not release and car can move but make the brake pads burn. Car mechanic told me that DSC pump is damage. He replaces pump module, replace brake fluid. Everything is ok until next 5000 km. same issue happened now only front right brake does not release. The same mechanic told me that now the control unit of DSC pump has problem.

I would like to know is that DSC pump is easy to damage? or are their any other root cause that cause it damage? This make me feel uncomfortable for my own safety.

There is no brake error sign show in the panel.
Thank you very much for your help.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2022, 07:37 AM   #2
bmwPower99
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw f25 X3 35d

There is a known issue with some pumps but make sure your battery and grounds are good before you do anything else

https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1550825

https://www.ecutesting.com/common-fa...brake-binding/
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2022, 02:02 PM   #3
Dekero
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X5 35I

I had this exact issue with my DSC, first attempted repair I replace the computer but reused the factory pump side.. turned out the issue is not the computer or the pump it's a blockage in the valve body...

You need to fully dump your brake fluid, twice by bleeding at every corner to help flush out the system . I even went so far as to blown out the system when the DSC was disconnected by using a air hose blower and sealing up the brake resovoor blowing all the fluid out of the lines....

Then I swapped the known good PC over to a used DSC pump and valve assembly... Also known as frankenstiening some shyt... LOL. The new valve body once fully installed and abs bled has solved all my issues and the truck drives perfectly now...

What did he say is your abs computer problem if it's not throwing a code.... I'd lay odds it's just the valve body with something sticking like mine was.... My front brake would lock smooth up anytime the DSC engaged.... Not during very light braking but anything hard.. and it would lock up until the truck was shut down for 45-60 mins and the pressure released....
Appreciate 0