BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-04-2021, 12:06 AM   #1
buds115
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X3MC

Reverse Mirror Tilt Not Returning?

I’ve had my 2020 F97 for about a month now and just as of yesterday i noticed that the mirror hadn’t returned to its normal position when in drive after it tilted down in reverse. To rule out the obvious I have the switch set to the drivers side mirror as well. Also what I found interesting is that holding my preset the mirror still doesn’t return to its normal position. It acts like it believes it has already returned. What I have to do is slightly move the mirror and then hold the preset which then it returns to the correct position.

I’m going to see if I can consistently reproduce this issue tomorrow. I’m trying to avoid a trip to the dealer. Also wondering if it’s possible that anything I changed with BimmerCode has to do with the issue however I havent coded anything in 2 weeks and this just started.

This has been very frustrating because the few times I noticed it happen was when I needed my mirror out on the road…

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2021, 04:27 AM   #2
JJ 911SC
Crusty Old Navy Chief
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i, 1983 911SC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by buds115 View Post
...Any help is greatly appreciated.
I had the same problem (2020 X3) along with other glitches (radio switching station, remote service failing etc.). The only way to bring it back was with the adjustment wheel.

On the second visits, it work perfectly in the shop (the work order said that they had try it 15 times without reproducing the problem). Drove the car around to the show room and you guess it, upon leaving it would not come back. Drove back to the shop, the head mechanic spend 20 minutes trying to get it back in position... They finally cave in and update the software to 03/21 (it had the original 07/19 version) and like magic, everything has been working perfectly since.
Appreciate 0