BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-09-2019, 01:27 PM   #23
aliwtsn
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp

I haven't had much of an update on this however my dealer has told me my car has been released to them and there is no delays on picking it up over the weekend.......
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 02:18 PM   #24
mjrennie
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X4M Competition

That's interesting. I'll maybe get some update tomorrow. The dealer has been spot on this far, I rate them highly.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 09:21 AM   #25
pferry
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M Comp

I was due to pick mine up tomorrow but just had the call. Has anyone that has been told about this stop release managed to pick up their car yet?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 09:25 AM   #26
AJCC
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3M

Picked mine up last night
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 09:38 AM   #27
aliwtsn
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferry View Post
I was due to pick mine up tomorrow but just had the call. Has anyone that has been told about this stop release managed to pick up their car yet?
I was told everything was fine a few days ago but I just had an email saying BMW have yet to issue them with an official fix so not too sure what's going on.

Probably won't be picking up this weekend despite the dealer saying it's ok previously.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 10:01 AM   #28
bennyboy77
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3Msport 3.0d

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwtsn View Post
Quote:
I was told everything was fine a few days ago but I just had an email saying BMW have yet to issue them with an official fix so not too sure what's going on.

Probably won't be picking up this weekend despite the dealer saying it's ok previously.
Is this on X3Ms, X4Ms or both?

Mine is a UK X3M that shipped to UK last week in Nov and has been ready to collect since Nov but due to other reasons deferred my collection to the end of the month.

Keen to understand if I have anything to worry about......
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 10:15 AM   #29
aliwtsn
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyboy77 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Mine is a UK X3M that shipped to UK last week in Nov and has been ready to collect since Nov but due to other reasons deferred my collection to the end of the month.

As far as I know it's common to both X3M and X4M.

The dealer has told me they hope for a fix for sure very soon because if it's not by next week the fix a lot of dealerships will be closed over the festive period and people will be away etc

For info: My X3M arrived in UK Nov 16th. Due to work commitments I couldn't collect until around now.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 10:17 AM   #30
pferry
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyboy77 View Post

Mines a UK X3MC also, I have seen the car, I got to inspect it last Saturday, it was still in delivery mode with all the plastic still on. but I wasn't told anything until this morning, the new car manager called to say that he had received my insurance docs, but unfortunately he could not release the car tomorrow due to the stop release.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 11:55 AM   #31
Jimmyjones654
Rep
Drives: X3M & M4

Has anyone got anymore info on this stop release, I was due to collect this week, the dealer doesn’t really have much idea to what is going on ??, I’ve seen on the owners group on Facebook people are still collecting there cars and also car going in for the RIS aren’t being held in longer ?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 12:04 PM   #32
mjrennie
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

It got stranger for me today...

Enormous hassle last week...cancelled my insurance on the Thursday only to receive the stop release a few hours later. The car was due to be collected on Saturday 7th, 2 days later. Too late to uncancel the insurance so needed a whole new policy, which they slightly discounted, which was helpful. Now then, forward to today...

I get home and there is a V5 for me for this new car that I've only seen in the dealer's welcome video. I email and ask why? They say it's because they had registered it for the Saturday collection. Erm...no...the V5 states I am now liable for tax, etc. What a mess.

Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 12:09 PM   #33
aliwtsn
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjrennie View Post

Enormous hassle last week...cancelled my insurance on the Thursday only to receive the stop release a few hours later. The car was due to be collected on Saturday 7th, 2 days later. Too late to uncancel the insurance so needed a whole new policy, which they slightly discounted, which was helpful. Now then, forward to today...

I get home and there is a V5 for me for this new car that I've only seen in the dealer's welcome video. I email and ask why? They say it's because they had registered it for the Saturday collection. Erm...no...the V5 states I am now liable for tax, etc. What a mess.

That is a mess , my dealer said they don't want to register it with my plate as they don't know when it will actually be released. So quite the opposite of what they have done with you, seemed to have jumped the gun a little.

I know it's out-with the dealers hands and more BMW UK but come on for a company like them they have a reputation to live up to.

It does bother me somewhat but at the same time I have other cars I can use so not a massive deal however would still like the car sometime in the next week or I'll probably leave it until next year ....and I did tell them that
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 12:10 PM   #34
Jimmyjones654
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjrennie View Post

My concern is if it doesn’t get sorted before Xmas and goes into next year it will devalue your car as you will have a 69/19 and if you take ownership in jan it should be a 69/20..... have you had a update on when you will be able to collect it ?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 12:41 PM   #35
Steveo535
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Phytonic Blue X3MC

I’m wondering if this is a different issue to the ECU one as a member on here had the ECU update while the car was in for run in service.

So I can’t workout why they are taking so long with your cars.

Hopefully you guys get your cars ASAP.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 01:18 PM   #36
mjrennie
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyjones654 View Post
My concern is if it doesn’t get sorted before Xmas and goes into next year it will devalue your car as you will have a 69/19 and if you take ownership in jan it should be a 69/20..... have you had a update on when you will be able to collect it ?
Nope. I'm slowly moving away from this car, tbh. That's not being a spoilt brat, it's just not worth the aggravation. It's a car. I'm giving it until the weekend and then maybe stick with my Porsche. It's hardly slumming it. Lol.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 01:36 PM   #37
aliwtsn
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo535 View Post
I’m wondering if this is a different issue to the ECU one as a member on here had the ECU update while the car was in for run in service.

So I can’t workout why they are taking so long with your cars.

Hopefully you guys get your cars ASAP.
As far as I know it's not because I mentioned the ECU update for the O2 sensor and he confirmed that is the issue but BMW have yet to issue the fix and are waiting on official instructions was his words .....
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 01:46 PM   #38
Jimmyjones654
Rep

Quote:
As far as I know it's not because I mentioned the ECU update for the O2 sensor and he confirmed that is the issue but BMW have yet to issue the fix and are waiting on official instructions was his words .....
Brilliant so could be waiting weeks !!!
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 02:15 PM   #39
X3MSteve
Private
Rep

How come yours is being stopped but other members are still collecting theirs no problem in other threads? A bit odd?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 02:17 PM   #40
bennyboy77
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3Msport 3.0d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyjones654 View Post
Quote:
Brilliant so could be waiting weeks !!!
So my situation is that I took some extra discount and some more freebies to get a Nov registration for the deal. It is now essentially my car, I have the V5 etc... but it is at the dealer as I don't want to collect it until the end of the month due to Christmas visitors etc.... I have it in writing that all the insurance etc... is fine as it is in the lot with them on their insurance and mine is already paid for to start on my pick up date.

It sounds like:
1. There is a fault identified
2. Anyone who already has their car will likely need to take their car back to BMW to be rectified (once it is confirmed how to do this)
3. Anyone who is yet to collect their car will be unable to as a cautionary measure.

In my case I guess I have virtually collected the car so should be able to collect as planned albeit knowing that there is a fault with the car???
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 03:01 PM   #41
mjrennie
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

I've not really ever had a problem buying a car, certainly nothing like this. I find the lack of transparency from source to be a bit disappointing, tbh. If there's an issue, no problem, you're trying to sort it, good, that's best practice. Not releasing information and then sending a V5 that implies my liability for the car is a long way from best practice. If you'd tell me the full situation I would be fine with it. But they're not saying anything. Literally, silence. That is poor, very poor. I'm mystified.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 03:05 PM   #42
Jimmyjones654
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3MSteve View Post
How come yours is being stopped but other members are still collecting theirs no problem in other threads? A bit odd?
There is a stop delivery issued on the 6/12/2019, any car not registered before this date is not allowed to be collected, they aren’t classing it at a safety recall it’s classed as a performance update...... that was my argument it’s not a safety issue so why can’t I choose to take it.... I’ve seen the official BMW paperwork cars affected aren’t allowed to be registered end of.... I’ve spoke to a few different dealers they have all confirmed this..

The worrying thing is they haven’t found a fix for the ecu update yet.... god knows when it will be able to collect.

I presume people with the cars already will be shortly getting a letter in the post or they are hoping they will find a fix quickly and do the update at the RIS so not to worry customers
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 03:10 PM   #43
X3MSteve
Private
Rep

I'm totally screwed if they do this to me as the car's booked in for a week with detailer from monday onwards so I'd be totally screwing a self employed person out of work just before xmas and my dealer has my car arriving tomorrow/collection first thing monday!

Given what I went through getting 4 different cars secured and lost, I'll be beyond annoyed in general with the BMW brand.

Also I spoke to the dealer on monday and he even said it's all confirmed that it's on it's way for delivery tomorrow or friday at worst, how can he not know if this affects my car?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 03:18 PM   #44
aliwtsn
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3MSteve View Post
I'm totally screwed if they do this to me as the car's booked in for a week with detailer from monday onwards so I'd be totally screwing a self employed person out of work just before xmas and my dealer has my car arriving tomorrow/collection first thing monday!

Given what I went through getting 4 different cars secured and lost, I'll be beyond annoyed in general with the BMW brand.

Also I spoke to the dealer on monday and he even said it's all confirmed that it's on it's way for delivery tomorrow or friday at worst, how can he not know if this affects my car?
You will really need to ask the dealer as he should be aware of the issues. In my email it affects X3M & X4M built March to December 2019. If they aren't yet registered before 05/12/2019 they will not be released to the customer that's the bottom line.

From what I can see on here is some registered ones are being released (possibly registered pre 5th December) but some dealers are firmly not releasing them to customers at all.
Appreciate 0