BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-21-2021, 06:13 AM   #23
kevz65
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by t41l589 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevz65 View Post
Do you think we could get the app by fiddling with the coding?
I'm no expert on coding but it might be possible although I think that all BMW apps are pushed down by ConnectedDrive so not sure coding would do anything - unless a coding change tells the ConnectedDrive service it now has something extra.
Yeah I guess you are right. Is the lci version of iDrive different to pre lci??
2021 G08 IX3 [ordered]
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2021, 07:09 AM   #24
t41l589
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 Premier Edition Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevz65 View Post
Yeah I guess you are right. Is the lci version of iDrive different to pre lci??
Both iDrive Ver. 7 but the LCI models came shipped with car software versions 2021-07. Some Pre-LCI versions have received this newer software version but it doesn't include the Preheat Battery app.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2021, 08:36 AM   #25
Aleman.iX3
Rep
Drives: Mini Countryman S All4 PHEV

Quote:
Both iDrive Ver. 7 but the LCI models came shipped with car software versions 2021-07. Some Pre-LCI versions have received this newer software version but it doesn't include the Preheat Battery app.
Didn't someone say that they managed to "Turn On" the app using Bimmercode???
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2022, 11:14 AM   #26
pedroribeiro
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 Impressive

Quote:
Interesting, so even with battery pre-heating, your car is still not charging at the advertised rate of 10 - 80% in 34 minutes but certainly charged faster than mine when using Ionity - I received 42kWh at an average of 54kW

I've sent an enquiry to the BMW i team to ask why this is and when/if Pre-LCI models will receive the Preheat Battery App.
Hi!
Could you pls share the contact? I'd like to enquire/complain too

thanks a lot
Pedro
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2022, 03:15 AM   #27
DjCoke
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: iX3 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleman.iX3 View Post
Didn't someone say that they managed to "Turn On" the app using Bimmercode???
Did you manage to receive this info? Because my pre-LCI coldgates so much that I consider to sell this car.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2022, 04:00 AM   #28
supersebbo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: iX3 Premier Pro (Dec 21)

This article seems to suggest it would be included in all cars from November (which doesn't exactly align with the LCI production cutover does it?)

https://www.electrive.com/2021/09/22...he-ix3-and-i3/

Fingers crossed, I bought a pre-LCI instead of an LCI in October as there was an abandoned order slot available which meant I got it in December instead of April. Hope it wasn't a big mistake.
Appreciate 1
Kingpin4386.50
      01-06-2022, 03:10 PM   #29
pedroribeiro
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedroribeiro View Post
Hi!

thanks a lot
Pedro
Anything?

Last edited by pedroribeiro; 01-08-2022 at 11:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2022, 03:41 PM   #30
Brheik
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw ix3

Quote:
Quote:
Hi!

thanks a lot
Pedro
Anything?
Nobody with the pre lci on the 11-21 os7 Update able to see wether prewarming the battery comes with an update?
      01-10-2022, 04:53 PM   #31
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 225xe / iX3 Premier Pro

Hmm the precondition app has shown itself in the apps section of my car today. Along with the weather app reappearing. Doesn't work when I click it currently, but the drive recorder didn't for a couple days after 07/2021 along with weather and news being missing until today.

I shall keep an eye on it
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2022, 04:09 AM   #32
supersebbo
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ape View Post
Hmm the precondition app has shown itself in the apps section of my car today. Along with the weather app reappearing. Doesn't work when I click it currently, but the drive recorder didn't for a couple days after 07/2021 along with weather and news being missing until today.

I shall keep an eye on it
Really? You have pre-LCI Prem Pro right?

I will check mine today...
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2022, 05:13 AM   #33
lakmus
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: iX3 Impressive

Got my 07/2021(.85) update yesterday at the dealer - haven't seen preconditioning app, but News appeared and BMW Charging app now opens (previously it just ran into an error - not that you can do anything within the app itself really).

Really excited if the precondition app would become to the pre LCI! I'll keep eye on it.

I've been keeping track on the initial charging speeds at DC chargers when you plug-in. With the 03/21 I got 10-15 kW for the first 10 min in -8'C to -12'C, now it started immediately at 20 kW and was 43 kW after 11 mins. Same circumstances and temperature - I'll report once again I have a chance to charge from near empty since this could be just a random variation.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2022, 06:51 AM   #34
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersebbo View Post
Really? You have pre-LCI Prem Pro right?

I will check mine today...
Yeah I'm prem pro, just checked, still doesn't launch or do anything if I click it, but like I say drive recorder was doing the exact same thing, as was news and weather (well weather was missing completely)

Shall keep an eye on it, wonder if was something I have done fiddling with esys, but can't think of anything that should affect it, besides changing the country code on the lane change stuff.... Hmm...
Appreciate 1
      01-11-2022, 08:03 AM   #35
KeesAMS
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3

Quote:
Yeah I'm prem pro, just checked, still doesn't launch or do anything if I click it, but like I say drive recorder was doing the exact same thing, as was news and weather (well weather was missing completely)

Shall keep an eye on it, wonder if was something I have done fiddling with esys, but can't think of anything that should affect it, besides changing the country code on the lane change stuff.... Hmm...
That sounds promising for us Pre-LCI owners!
Just saw in your previous reply that you are on 07/21. Would you mind sharing a picture of the preconditioning app?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2022, 08:21 AM   #36
supersebbo
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Not showing up on mine currently. Let me know how it evolves!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2022, 11:55 AM   #37
pedroribeiro
Private
Rep

Quote:

I have lost the climate control managment and the windows rules for some days but also came back. Would be great to have the pre-conditioning app too!
As mentioned before in the post, we lose hours when going on a long journey during winter. Just done that in DE and PL and goodness me...what a waste of time doing 25-35kw for 30 min on an Ionity 350kw charger...
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2022, 12:04 PM   #38
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Hmmm just forced the car (well the lane change assist) back to being jn the UK rather than FFFFFFFF (generic) and force updating the apps, its not reloaded (then again nor has news again yet) just wanted to see this morning if that had owt to do with it, if it doesn't re-appear tomorrow I'll force the location again and force reload the apps again.

Oh to force reload the apps (beware some may go missing for a little while as think the back end has to lookup whether your 'allowed' them) goto the apps menu on id7, don't click apps, just highlight it, then click options on the controller near the Puck and "update apps and services"

Again warning, it will remove them all (well almost all of em) then re download them from the service.

I'll check back in tomorrow after work to see what's what, and change the country.

Anyone else wants to play its C_SWA_Land_Aktiv on the SAS (set it to FF FF FF FF) make sure to note your current setting.
Appreciate 2
lakmus23.50
      01-12-2022, 12:16 AM   #39
lakmus
Private
No_Country
Rep

Tried reloading the apps - but no preconditioning. However, charging curve seems to have improved with the update (now the full charging speed kicks in right after 10 mins after plugged in, used to be closer to 20 mins before the 07/21 update).

I tried it yesterday at -14'C at a 150 kW charger and got 77 kW with 48% SoC after 11 mins.

Also fiddled with the diagnostic/service menu, nothing really interesting in there. BimmerCode basic functions don't show anything related to the installed apps (they apparently come from the BMW servers based on the subscriptions, location and VIN).
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 05:53 AM   #40
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Right, hasn't come back, so I'm assuming it's something to do with the location code, will set it back to multi region and see what I get.

Have we got any drivers from the North Europe regions? Do they have it on their cars? I'm wondering if its part of the cold pack that the Northern regions got.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 06:10 AM   #41
lakmus
Private
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Right, hasn't come back, so I'm assuming it's something to do with the location code, will set it back to multi region and see what I get.

Have we got any drivers from the North Europe regions? Do they have it on their cars? I'm wondering if its part of the cold pack that the Northern regions got.
I'm in Finland so definitely should get it if someone — however I saw a mention that you might need to drive for some time to get all apps to appear in the 07-21 release notes.

I asked from the BMW Connected Drive customer service today about missing Alexa & Preconditioning, they didn't comment the Preconditioning app, but mentioned that the services are country specific. For example Alexa App is currently only available in countries: Germany, GB, France, Italy, Austria and Spain.

Also I haven't been able to login to MyBMW portal (https://customer.bmwgroup.com/oneid/#/login) via browser in the past week - states only "Due to a system error, your request cannot be processed at the moment. Please try again later." MyBMW app works fine.
Appreciate 1
      01-12-2022, 09:19 AM   #42
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Strange, took over a day for it to show up initially on mine after 07/2021 so I'll leave it till tomorrow before changing country to multi and see. Just last time it appeared at the same time as weather and news came back (you can do a forced download of the apps to try get them 'now' BTW)

Shall see, interesting one though... I did my mods on esys 5 minutes after I got home from the dealer after the update, so a day or so after is when apps turned back up (like weather news and drive recorder)

They are all back after the forced download this time almost straight away (drive recorder took a few hours to start working again for some reason after the icon showed up)

The plot thickens...
Appreciate 1
      01-12-2022, 11:41 AM   #43
lakmus
Private
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Strange, took over a day for it to show up initially on mine after 07/2021 so I'll leave it till tomorrow before changing country to multi and see. Just last time it appeared at the same time as weather and news came back (you can do a forced download of the apps to try get them 'now' BTW)

Shall see, interesting one though... I did my mods on esys 5 minutes after I got home from the dealer after the update, so a day or so after is when apps turned back up (like weather news and drive recorder)

They are all back after the forced download this time almost straight away (drive recorder took a few hours to start working again for some reason after the icon showed up)

The plot thickens...
I've tried to force the download few times now, all apps appear immediately however Charging app stopped working again. Which is the exact 07/21.XX version you're currently running? I went thru the available parameters in Headunit module in expert mode, but did not find anything that would relate to any of the apps / preconditioning / battery..
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 12:14 PM   #44
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

.85 is my version, oh and the areas I'm changing are in the SAS not the HU, not really looked in the HU to see if there's owt. I know Bimmercode and Carly struggle to work with the SAS unit, so not sure there.
Appreciate 1
lakmus23.50