BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-20-2021, 12:05 PM   #89
Adeefc
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 318i Sport

Having been told last week that there is no expected delivery date, I have today been told 01/11/2021 by the "genius" (I asked twice just to check)

Wouldn't bet a more than £1 thats accurate tho.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 01:57 AM   #90
SiH1970
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 Premier Pro

I had the same response from ‘genius’ yesterday (w/c 8th Nov) and 100% share your scepticism. Don’t really know why I went on that platform again to be honest. Probably thought it was better than sitting on my hands doing nothing but in reality just created opportunity for further disappointment!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 04:14 AM   #91
Adeefc
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiH1970 View Post
I had the same response from ‘genius’ yesterday (w/c 8th Nov) and 100% share your scepticism. Don’t really know why I went on that platform again to be honest. Probably thought it was better than sitting on my hands doing nothing but in reality just created opportunity for further disappointment!!!
Agreed.

Although the only small pleasure I get out of this saga is pestering them by as many communication methods as possible.

Dealer is on my hit list today 😂
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 04:30 AM   #92
SiH1970
Rep

Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 04:56 AM   #93
kevz65
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3

I wonder if it’s just a blanket stop on all ix3 cars. I haven’t heard anyone on this forum actually collecting their car recently. Although I do appreciate we are a tiny slice of the ix3 buyers.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 05:16 AM   #94
t41l589
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 Premier Edition Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevz65 View Post
I wonder if it’s just a blanket stop on all ix3 cars. I haven’t heard anyone on this forum actually collecting their car recently. Although I do appreciate we are a tiny slice of the ix3 buyers.
I agree. I'm on the UK and Europe iX3 facebook pages and haven't seen any posts of collecting cars for a while now.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 06:07 AM   #95
loxley
Rep
Drives: IX3

Quote:
From what I hear it is 100% a blanket stop.

Its completely frustrating that this issue has been going on for circa 3 weeks (minimum), there are cars on the road with the same issue, but BMW are not willing to be transparent with the details or provide any meaningful timelines to resolve. I assume as they want to keep the saga away from the press, which is much more important than keeping customers informed.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 06:13 AM   #96
SiH1970
Rep

Latest from my dealer this morning:

“Currently on our side of the system there is still a hold on the vehicle, until this is released by BMW unfortunately we are unable to request the Pre-delivery Inspection to be completed.

We have been instructed by BMW that the vehicles are being slowly released so we will keep an eye out and let you know as soon as your car is completed”

I’d love to be pleasantly surprised with a November delivery, bracing myself for disappointment though….
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 06:55 AM   #97
kevz65
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by loxley View Post
From what I hear it is 100% a blanket stop.

Its completely frustrating that this issue has been going on for circa 3 weeks (minimum), there are cars on the road with the same issue, but BMW are not willing to be transparent with the details or provide any meaningful timelines to resolve. I assume as they want to keep the saga away from the press, which is much more important than keeping customers informed.
I find it weird that dealers are saying there is no stop on the car until they actually receive it
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 08:29 AM   #98
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 225xe / iX3 Premier Pro

Quote:
I find it weird that dealers are saying there is no stop on the car until they actually receive it
My dealer didn't realise his Demo car had got a stop till it arrived in port apparently.

He says they are starting to release them now though, in drips and drabs (betting the dealer cars get released first) as his was stuck for a week, and now been released for delivery to dealer.

That's an M Sport spec one though, think most of the dealers are getting their M's in to replace the Premier Pro's they had as demonstrators before, so unsure if they have the same blocks on them, considering they are built on the same line, with the same underpinning's then I'm assuming they likely would have.
      10-21-2021, 09:09 AM   #99
t41l589
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 Premier Edition Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ape View Post
My dealer didn't realise his Demo car had got a stop till it arrived in port apparently.

He says they are starting to release them now though, in drips and drabs (betting the dealer cars get released first) as his was stuck for a week, and now been released for delivery to dealer.

That's an M Sport spec one though, think most of the dealers are getting their M's in to replace the Premier Pro's they had as demonstrators before, so unsure if they have the same blocks on them, considering they are built on the same line, with the same underpinning's then I'm assuming they likely would have.
If dealers receive M Sport model demonstraters before customers are even getting their Premier edition models then that's an absolute P**s take. It very much feels like BMW is taking order after order and not caring about delivering the promised product.

I've been absolutely delighted with my F30 for four years now but this experience with ordering my iX3 has dramatically changed my opinion of BMW and that's not in a good way
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 09:24 AM   #100
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by t41l589 View Post
If dealers receive M Sport model demonstraters before customers are even getting their Premier edition models then that's an absolute P**s take. It very much feels like BMW is taking order after order and not caring about delivering the promised product.

I've been absolutely delighted with my F30 for four years now but this experience with ordering my iX3 has dramatically changed my opinion of BMW and that's not in a good way
I suppose the Dealer orders for demonstrators was done on day 1, so I suppose they are getting them in line with the queue. However, I'm annoyed that my dealer has got is 'model that's not out' before I get my Launch version of the car... But hey.. I doubt BMW wanted to have a hiccup with the HV Cells, but they are new/different to what most people are already using (18650/2170/4680/Pouches) as they are of their own design.

I do feel your pain though! I want my iX3 now already
      10-21-2021, 11:16 AM   #101
GoingElectric
Rep
Drives: iX3 M Sport Pro (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t41l589 View Post

I'm not trying to make excuses for them, but I'm not sure the delivery delays are specific to BMW as it appears all makes are suffering from similar issues right now owing mainly to supply chain issues, e.g. semiconductors. Seems in order to keep the factories running, most manufacturers are producing incomplete cars, then shipping to a 'second touch' facility where they hope they can send parts to complete the orders before PDI and delivery to customers. This is not 'normal practice' which is why you wouldn't have experienced this with your F30. The reason they keep taking orders is to avoid shutting down the factories as it would be difficult to restart production should this happen.

I currently have a Merc AMG A35 and I'm active on that car forum. You'll see threads over there filled with similar comments to this thread. Lots of frustrated folk eagerly awaiting their new cars with little adequate info being provided by MB or their dealers.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 11:45 AM   #102
Adeefc
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IX3 Vines View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeefc View Post
Nice informative update today 🤦🏼*♂️
Hi, just out of interest have you checked the recall and campaign check sites, if so what do they say.

https://www.bmw.co.uk/en/footer/quic...e-recalls.html

https://www.bmw.com.my/en/topics/bmw...-campaign.html

My vehicle has been a Southampton for nearly three weeks and hasnt got a campaign or recall listed however I am starting to get nervous that this is because they havent got around to checking my car and at that point may well put a stop on it.
Got my vin and says it's clear.

Here is to hoping
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 11:56 AM   #103
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingElectric View Post
I'm not trying to make excuses for them, but I'm not sure the delivery delays are specific to BMW as it appears all makes are suffering from similar issues right now owing mainly to supply chain issues, e.g. semiconductors. Seems in order to keep the factories running, most manufacturers are producing incomplete cars, then shipping to a 'second touch' facility where they hope they can send parts to complete the orders before PDI and delivery to customers. This is not 'normal practice' which is why you wouldn't have experienced this with your F30. The reason they keep taking orders is to avoid shutting down the factories as it would be difficult to restart production should this happen.

I currently have a Merc AMG A35 and I'm active on that car forum. You'll see threads over there filled with similar comments to this thread. Lots of frustrated folk eagerly awaiting their new cars with little adequate info being provided by MB or their dealers.
It's affecting everyone, I'm replacing my wife's car too, ordered her a Nissan Leaf 40kWh, dealer can't get it, and says delivery times are going to be huge, had to change it to a 62kWh e+Teckna spec (with self park) just to get the order through!
      10-22-2021, 03:54 AM   #104
DaveCV
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: iX3 Premier

Does anyone actually know what the issue is with the HV battery? I have been driving my iX3 for over 2 months with no sign of any issues or a recall.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2021, 04:20 AM   #105
loxley
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveCV View Post
Does anyone actually know what the issue is with the HV battery? I have been driving my iX3 for over 2 months with no sign of any issues or a recall.
Nope. Evidently, not even BMW
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2021, 04:48 AM   #106
IX3 Vines
Private First Class
Rep

Maybe a glimmer of hope !!!!

I had the below conversation with BMW Genius yesterday.

Please can you advise where my car is, the status code and expected delivery date VIN XXXXXXXXXX
Hello Steve.
My name is Anthony from the BMW Genius Team.
Hi Anthony
I hope you are well.
I'd be happy to help.
Congratulations on your new BMW iX3!
Your new BMW is currently at UK and IE storage.
Can you advise on the other questions I had please
You have a possible date of delivery to your Centre on the 28th!
Your status code is 9645.
Can you advise where you got this information because my dealer is telling me something completely different
Are dealers able to see the same info as you guys?
Sorry for the delay.
What has your Centre relayed to you?
I notice that you have not replied for some time now. Are there any outstanding questions that I may help you with?
Sorry I had a call
My dealer is saying that they cant get any info on expected delivery
When did you last speak to them?
Yesterday
I see.
Can you advise how the dealer can get the latest updates on the order
I'm not to sure as to why they can't see the same information as our team.
I should give you Centre a courtesy call.
They see a page that states a status of 193, I have seen this on their PC
193?
That is 9605.
That is a few stages behind my system.
Yes that's what I can't understand
I will give your Centre a call.
You will call?? I would really appreciate that
I'd be happy to do so.
01293 xxxxxxx
Whose contact details are these?
Thats the main number for Vines Gatwick or 07971xxxxxx is Axx Mxxx the sales executive
Ok thank you, I would have used my system to get these details but I do appreciate you saving me the time.
Should I hold on here?
The choice is perfectly up to you.
Are you able to call them know? if not I will drop off
I am on the phone to your Centre right now.
If you are able to hold, I should not be to long. Is this ok?
Yes I can wait
Thank you for waiting Steve.
No problem
I have directly spoken with Axxx.
And I know understand where your Centre is coming from.
Within the BMW UK group we are using from 1-3 system, this includes a generic system that staff can use from home.
Updates may be quicker on some than others.
But above all it is best to use the information given from your Centre.
In your specific case your Centre is still awaiting confirmation from us about your BMW.
My overheads are trying to relay the most up to date information soon. And your Centre will receive an update on when they will be receive your car.
I apologies for any confusion or concern this may have given you.
Your car is doing fine, and will be with your Centre very soon.
We appreciate your patience and all systems soon will reflect your status correctly.
Thank you very much
Happy to help.

Then very soon after my dealer called me and as we were speaking his system updated and he confirmed that there was now a possible delivery date of the 28th Oct, he also confirmed that another customers IX3 turned up at the dealership on Weds unexpectedly and he believes the delays were due to BMW checking each vehicle for paint defects.

Whether any of this is true or not I don't know however at least there is a glimmer of hope for myself and you guys

Last edited by IX3 Vines; 10-22-2021 at 06:06 AM..
Appreciate 1
Adeefc6.00
      10-22-2021, 05:23 AM   #107
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

That's good news at least!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2021, 02:55 AM   #108
KSTR35
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW IX3

I was informed yesterday that mine has a 9630 status, so has made the UK and isn't currently subject to any recalls, campaigns or delivery stops.

Anticipated delivery to dealer on 7th Nov with handover around a week after that. This is all assuming they are correct about the recalls etc!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2021, 03:39 AM   #109
kevz65
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSTR35 View Post
I was informed yesterday that mine has a 9630 status, so has made the UK and isn't currently subject to any recalls, campaigns or delivery stops.

Anticipated delivery to dealer on 7th Nov with handover around a week after that. This is all assuming they are correct about the recalls etc!
Same for mine pretty much
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2021, 08:36 AM   #110
loxley
Rep

Good luck. Mines been 9645 status for 3 weeks.

In case it's helpful...

0000 - Cancelled
0097 - No Current Event Allocated
0037 - Model or Feature Unavailable
0077 - No Quota Available
0200 - Special Request not Scheduled
0500 - Cannot be Scheduled
1100 - Scheduled
1200 - Scheduled for Production

5000 - Confirmed for Production - Customer Spec Locked Down
5050 - Chassis Number Allocated
5055 - Confirmed by Production Control 28/6
5100 - Bodyshop Start
5190 - Bodyshop Complete
5200 - Paintshop Start
5270 - Paintshop Complete
5300 - Pre-Assembly Start
5400 - Assembly Start
5500 - Assembly Complete
6000 - Transfer to Distribution
8200 - Released to Carrier
9000 - Departed Plant
9605 - Pre EU Port of Exit
9615/35/45 - In Storage
9610/20/30/40/50/60 - In Transit
9610 - EU Port of Exit
9615 - EU Storage
9620 - At Sea
9630 - Port of Entry
9645 - UK and IE Storage
9646 - Offsite PDI checks & registration (Southampton)
9650 - Awaiting Dispatch to Dealer
9660 - Dispatched to Dealer
9800 - Arrived Dealer
Appreciate 0