BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-01-2022, 02:41 AM   #23
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 225xe / iX3 Premier Pro

I'd say something needs greasing, no noises here over bumps or during braking.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2022, 03:22 AM   #24
GDEvans
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonor12 View Post
So you don't hear any noise over bumps? I hear it even if I drive 10-20 km/h. It is like an old bed sound. Creaking actually. Should I bring it to the service?
I only get the normal noise that any car makes over bumps. Certainly no creaking.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2022, 03:20 AM   #25
iX3inOz
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by iX3inOz View Post
I’ll give it a try this week and see if that changes the noise. Will report back.
It improved the noise for a bit, but then came back. We’ve had huge amounts of rain here almost every days for months (over a year’s rain in a few months for most of SE QLD which is already a pretty wet place) so I suspect it’s just minor corrosion on the discs causing the noise. When I braked hard a few times it did seem to improve the noise, but it was back in a day or two.

So my suspicion is I can either learn to live with it, or whack the brakes pretty hard a few times each day to keep the discs clean - but at the expense of energy consumption, an annoyed better half, and brake pads/discs needing to be changed more frequently.

So I’ll just turn up the radio.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2022, 01:26 PM   #26
GamoX
Rep
Drives: 525D

Quote:
Originally Posted by iX3inOz View Post
It improved the noise for a bit, but then came back. We’ve had huge amounts of rain here almost every days for months (over a year’s rain in a few months for most of SE QLD which is already a pretty wet place) so I suspect it’s just minor corrosion on the discs causing the noise. When I braked hard a few times it did seem to improve the noise, but it was back in a day or two.

So my suspicion is I can either learn to live with it, or whack the brakes pretty hard a few times each day to keep the discs clean - but at the expense of energy consumption, an annoyed better half, and brake pads/discs needing to be changed more frequently.

So I’ll just turn up the radio.
Thank you so much.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2022, 02:00 AM   #27
DaveCV
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: iX3 Premier

Bear in mind that if you leave with 100% battery SOC and you apply the brake, then standard brakes will be used for a short period of time. Regenerated energy has to have somewhere to go. I have no issues with squeaky brakes or suspension.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2022, 12:51 PM   #28
sharonv
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

ive heard creaking too, but only when i reach like 50 mph.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2022, 10:19 AM   #29
Willemb
Rep
Drives: IX3

Had the same problem here and today the car was back from the dealer and the sound is gone. Not sure what they did to solve it but it was gone. Could it even hear inside my house and not what you want to hear when you pay 76.000 euros for an IX3.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2022, 07:39 AM   #30
GamoX
Rep
Drives: 525D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willemb View Post
Had the same problem here and today the car was back from the dealer and the sound is gone. Not sure what they did to solve it but it was gone. Could it even hear inside my house and not what you want to hear when you pay 76.000 euros for an IX3.
Did you send the car to the dealer for this problem or another problem?
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2022, 10:06 AM   #31
Willemb
Rep
Drives: IX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamoX View Post
Did you send the car to the dealer for this problem or another problem?
Was for this problem and they installed another upgraded brake pads. But after 2 weeks it was back again. Not happy with it because of a premium car
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2022, 02:10 PM   #32
Mobeam
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: iX3 Pro

Maybe of interest to others on this old subject;
My Pro has been squeaking for months, mainly when short sharp braking in car park etc,...just as previous video shows.
Car booked in about 5 weeks ago and was told that it requires replacement from suspension torsion bars, which they would order. Dealer rang today, got the parts and booked in for next month....so hopefully no more squeaks.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2022, 09:07 AM   #33
modomi06
Private
Rep
Drives: IX3 LCI, i3S

same problem.
good info
tomorrow i'll call my dealer
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2022, 12:23 PM   #34
SpaceRock
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3

Yes there is a a noise right at the moment the car comes to a full stop. Every test car I drove had it and many reviewers mention it. You can't hear it unless your windows are down.

Every time I'm on a downhill and there's no one behind I shift the car into neutral and come to a full stop - that way the car stops by using the brakes instead of regen and that clears the brakes (probably from rust…??) and the noise goes away for about 3 weeks.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2022, 08:03 AM   #35
brownejp
Private
Rep
Drives: iX3 MSport Pro Carbon Black

Is this related to the autohold and the parking break being applied when you come to a full stop. I suspect that the parking break might be applied just before the car comes to a full stop because there is a suspension bounce associated with the noise.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2023, 05:32 AM   #36
silver82
Private
Rep
Drives: 320D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobeam View Post
Maybe of interest to others on this old subject;
My Pro has been squeaking for months, mainly when short sharp braking in car park etc,...just as previous video shows.
Car booked in about 5 weeks ago and was told that it requires replacement from suspension torsion bars, which they would order. Dealer rang today, got the parts and booked in for next month....so hopefully no more squeaks.
Hello,

Did the issue resolve after this?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2023, 09:13 PM   #37
RohanFernando
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW IX3

BMW IX3 loud noicse when braking

I recently purchased a BMW IX3 2021 Registration. There is a very loud noise when applying brakes. I have shown the vehicle to Stephen James at Ruxley, who have stated that it is normal and there is no problem. Then took it to Park Lane where I purchased the Vehicle. I have been issued wiith a report to show that there is no fault. We are hoping to see another BMW IX3 to see whether there is a similar noise. This is the first time I am experiencing such a loud noise when applying brakes. Greatly appreciated if the other BMW IX3 users provide an update regarding this loud noise when applying brakes
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2023, 03:47 PM   #38
Sripada_Das
Registered
Rep
Drives: ix3 msport pro

Same issue

I have the same issue with my used ix3 m sport pro 2023. I get the annoying squeaking noise when i brake. I was planning to speak to Stephen James Bromley about the issue.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2023, 03:50 PM   #39
Sripada_Das
Registered
Rep
Drives: ix3 msport pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanFernando View Post
I recently purchased a BMW IX3 2021 Registration. There is a very loud noise when applying brakes. I have shown the vehicle to Stephen James at Ruxley, who have stated that it is normal and there is no problem. Then took it to Park Lane where I purchased the Vehicle. I have been issued wiith a report to show that there is no fault. We are hoping to see another BMW IX3 to see whether there is a similar noise. This is the first time I am experiencing such a loud noise when applying brakes. Greatly appreciated if the other BMW IX3 users provide an update regarding this loud noise when applying brakes
Did you manage to resolve the issue? I live in Bromley so if you are still looking for another ix3 to confirm we can connect.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2023, 04:42 PM   #40
sahajesh
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 G05 X5 40i Tanzanite Blue

I get this too.

My local dealer said it was normal but I trust Putin more than them.

I’ll try the hard braking thing but I suspect it won’t resolve and will try a different dealer when I can be bothered to book and drive there.

Pretty sh*t for a “premium” car, but having come from a G05 X5 to this, it’s very clear that this is a jacked up 3 series build-wise and I should expect stuff like this.

This is most certainly not a premium-build car.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2023, 02:14 PM   #41
Mogwai888
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: iX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownejp View Post
Is this related to the autohold and the parking break being applied when you come to a full stop. I suspect that the parking break might be applied just before the car comes to a full stop because there is a suspension bounce associated with the noise.
This was my thought too. It seems more pronounced up hills when driving in B mode which I think was mentioned on another thread .

Braking seems very much as normal on my car ie no noise apart from the above and when parking.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2023, 07:13 AM   #42
BMW008
Registered
Rep
Drives: iX3 2023

Screeching sound (breaking + full turn)

I have the same breaking sound on the iX3 (September 2023). Additionally, I get a very similar sound when the steering wheel is turned completely (both left and right). Have added a video in the link below. Has anyone else also experienced this sound? One note, these sounds are only audible in a relatively silent place (like your parking lot) with the windows rolled down. The sound goes away when you are steering while driving and make a full turn (at low speed).

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/ea6...ource=sendgrid

Last edited by BMW008; 10-28-2023 at 11:16 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2023, 04:37 PM   #43
sasha_ldn
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3 M Sport Pro

has anyone got the issue solved? for me it doesn't sound like breaks, more like either some silent bloc, sudpensionk or other metal to rubber joint. my car has this sound, it is very pronounced at rear end, and less in front when i dry steering while parking. and it is very annoying and it is total shame for a car of that price tag.
the dealer asks for eye watering 180+£ for "diagnostics". would be nice to know if there is any chances for success in exchange for that time and money wasted. thanks in advance for sharing.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2023, 02:48 PM   #44
Hippopotamus
Registered
Rep
Drives: iX3 2023 M Sport Pro

same issue with brakes. Dealer told me was "a characteristic of the vehicle". They tested the vehicle on incline / decline etc - "no faults"
Appreciate 0